dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview September 2018

3,252 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shaque said:

Nope. It’s after the interview on the 25th of August. They had absolutely no date available before the interview.

wow thats so different from most consulate requirement

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, ALittleBritish said:

Thank you! Very exciting for you too! I had a good experience, I wrote a fairly detailed review. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can read it here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=272431

Let me know if you have any questions after reading it 😊 

I found it. Thank you so much! 🙂

They only asked for a few documents. I thought they were gonna ask everything on the checklist posted on the embassy website. 

Our general timeline

I-130 sent: July 17, 2017

I-130 NOA1: July 21, 2017

I-130 approved: March 3, 2018

Submitted documents on CEAC: June 4, 2018

Case Complete: June 13, 2018

Email notice for interview date: July 6, 2018

Interview: August 24, 2018

Consulate: Montreal, Canada

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline
2 hours ago, Shaque said:

Nope. It’s after the interview on the 25th of August. They had absolutely no date available before the interview.

Hi, plz is it tue that most consulate don't let us do the interview before medical?

6 minutes ago, Tea Rose said:

I found it. Thank you so much! 🙂

They only asked for a few documents. I thought they were gonna ask everything on the checklist posted on the embassy website. 

You're welcome! Yeah, I was surprised they didn't ask for everything. I would suggest bringing everything anyway, just in case. I had asked if they wanted to see my husband's 2017 tax return but they said no because they could see it on their screen.... which is weird, because they can see everything else there too lol. I will say though, if any of your documents change before the interview, bring photocopies.  I renewed my Canadian PR card after I gave everything to the NVC so they asked for a photocopy of my new one. 

1 minute ago, Mme ab said:

Hi, plz is it tue that most consulate don't let us do the interview before medical?

You can do the interview without having done the medical first BUT your medical results are required and they won't issue a visa until they receive them, provided everything is in order. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, ALittleBritish said:

You're welcome! Yeah, I was surprised they didn't ask for everything. I would suggest bringing everything anyway, just in case. I had asked if they wanted to see my husband's 2017 tax return but they said no because they could see it on their screen.... which is weird, because they can see everything else there too lol. I will say though, if any of your documents change before the interview, bring photocopies.  I renewed my Canadian PR card after I gave everything to the NVC so they asked for a photocopy of my new one. 

Thank you for the advice! Safe travels to the US!

Our general timeline

I-130 sent: July 17, 2017

I-130 NOA1: July 21, 2017

I-130 approved: March 3, 2018

Submitted documents on CEAC: June 4, 2018

Case Complete: June 13, 2018

Email notice for interview date: July 6, 2018

Interview: August 24, 2018

Consulate: Montreal, Canada

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mme ab said:

Hi, plz is it tru that most consulate don't let us do the interview before medical?

Not true.. You can have your medicals done after your visa interview but your visa will not be issued until the embassy receives your medicals.

9 minutes ago, MartinyMi said:

Can someone help me by explaining how to get a transcript of my text messages off of my phones so I can print and take to the interview?

Abies, I think you have done this.

I think @Abies took screenshots and got print of those

Edited by lousiaC

Timeline
7 hours ago, Shaque said:

I will. The time frame was short between the date they scheduled the interview and the day of the interview. We received the interview email on 7/24 and the interviews on 8/15. It takes them time to send the damn letter in snail mail..Now I wish we had a later date for interview.😒

JUst print out the email and you will be fine. Just make sure that the email has interview date and time. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, MartinyMi said:

Can someone help me by explaining how to get a transcript of my text messages off of my phones so I can print and take to the interview?

Abies, I think you have done this.

Print-out of 4- 5 copies of screenshots from every month is what we gathered.

Edited by Abies

Timeline
7 minutes ago, lousiaC said:

I think @Abies took screenshots and got print of those

Yes buddy... that's what we did.

How are you guys preparing for your interview?it's really around the corner.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Abies said:

Yes buddy... that's what we did.

How are you guys preparing for your interview?it's really around the corner.

Thank you! How many from every month - we texted dozens of times daily. I have thousands. 

Timeline
Just now, MartinyMi said:

Thank you! How many from every month - we texted dozens of times daily. I have thousands. 

Lol.. we too have lots of them but we only took print-outs of 4-5copies of screenshots from each month.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.