dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview September 2018

3,252 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Zelixx said:

Yes actually i was talking about IRS transcript & tax return.

I think IRS is must as I went embassy with my father few days ago and they were asking everyone about recent IRS transcripts. They were not accepting Tax return as per my observation. I stayed in the embassy for 2-3 hours and observed many interviews. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, Abies said:

Congratulations to you and your husband buddy. I have been waiting right here to read your consulate review of approval.

Thank God,he has finally settled it.

Happy flight to the US and hopefully we gather here again during the ROC process.

Congrats in advance to u @Abies 

1 minute ago, WSI said:

I think IRS is must as I went embassy with my father few days ago and they were asking everyone about recent IRS transcripts. They were not accepting Tax return as per my observation. I stayed in the embassy for 2-3 hours and observed many interviews. 

Well if you go through the Pre -interview checklist it's already mentioned on it that either bring recent tax return OR IRS transcript.So we only submitted federal Tax return 2017 at CEAC website but after reading many threads about it i have asked my husband to email me recent year IRS transcript.

What else did you observe there?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Zelixx said:

Well if you go through the Pre -interview checklist it's already mentioned on it that either bring recent tax return OR IRS transcript.So we only submitted federal Tax return 2017 at CEAC website but after reading many threads about it i have asked my husband to email me recent year IRS transcript.

Yes, the Pre-interview checklist is confusing as per my observation they were asking everyone about IRS transcripts even if they had Tax returns.  The 2nd thing I observed was they were asking almost half of the interviewers about a joint sponsor as their main sponsor's income was not enough and rest of the cases were approval including my father. As my father overstayed here and we were waiting for SB-1 approval and they deal SB-1 cases at the end of all interviews. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zelixx said:

How can we book a taxi in Islamabad a day before ? 

You can request the hotel (where you are staying) to book a taxi rather relying on uber or Kareem. As per my experience getting any private taxi b/w 4-6 AM is a headache in Islamabad so for a safe side book a taxi through the hotel is more reliable. 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Zelixx said:

@Zelixx I think it takes 5-7 working days to arrive IRS transcripts after making an order.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
37 minutes ago, WSI said:

Yes, the Pre-interview checklist is confusing as per my observation they were asking everyone about IRS transcripts even if they had Tax returns.  The 2nd thing I observed was they were asking almost half of the interviewers about a joint sponsor as their main sponsor's income was not enough and rest of the cases were approval including my father. As my father overstayed here and we were waiting for SB-1 approval and they deal SB-1 cases at the end of all interviews. 

We saw this too at our interview in December.   I'd say more than half were income related issues.   One CO was arguing in regards to what was written on the I864 is not what was reflected on the tax returns so they were below the guidelines.   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, O&O said:

Cc on 8/24.. waiting for an interview date.. (Lagos Embassy)

Ok then you will get Interview date in 2weeks as this is the time when NVC schedules the interview..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Zelixx said:

Many many congratulations😇

@Ajt3  @Sugarlegetiti @C.A.R. @Mike&Ella 

Don't forget to pray for us too.

Yes all of you awaiting to hear the magical words "you are approved" are in my prayers..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

Ok then you will get Interview date in 2weeks as this is the time when NVC schedules the interview..

Thanks so much.. most likely next week.. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, WSI said:

It's up to you but as I have told you doesn't matter you are gonna give the interview in native or in English.  But I prefer native is better and I am gonna choose Urdu. Actually, the interview is just a formality. They already studied every case very well and have already decided what they gonna ask you in the interview.  By the way, I have checked my case status and last Monday it was updated means they finalized everything. I'm sure the same is the case with every case. They thoroughly checked everything 1 week before the interview and already decided they gonna approve it or ask for more documents so interview in Urdu or English doesn't play any role. 

Exactly what I was thinking. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, WSI said:

You can request the hotel (where you are staying) to book a taxi rather relying on uber or Kareem. As per my experience getting any private taxi b/w 4-6 AM is a headache in Islamabad so for a safe side book a taxi through the hotel is more reliable. 

We can also book a metro cab. It's a little expensive but I'm sure it'll reach on time because they operate from the airport. I think we can book this a day before.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.