dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview September 2018

3,252 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Abies said:

Fellow VJers,

My interview was scheduled for 6:30am today. Arrived the embassy by 5:30am and went into the embassy by 6:30am.

3 consular officers were assinged to immigrants,the much talked about Asian American Guy,the Africa American lady and a white guy. 

I was number1,was called first and interviewed by the white guy at 7:36am(GMT+1). The whole interview was less than 10mins and was out of the embassy by 7:47am.

Here are the particulars;
1. You are going to the US to join your husband?
2.You have been here before?

3. How long has your husband been in the US?
4. How long have you been married to him?
5. What are his hobbies?
6. How many times has he visited you?
7.What type of wedding did you both have and when was it?
8. What does he do in the US?
9. What did you both do when he visited last? This question made him go further from my response. One of the things i told him was that my husband always cooked for me when he's in Nigeria(which is also one of his hobbies)then he went ahead to ask what kind of meals did he cook,i told him our local dishes then he went ahead to ask what recipes and I told him egusi,ogbolo soup and pounded yam,he responded by telling me he loves egusi soup so much and at this time,I became more relaxed.
10. Asked for our wedding pictures and people in the pictures,asked for our pictures together prior to our wedding and finally he pronounced the magical words.. I'm going to approve your visa at this time,gave me 3papers for visa pick up,instructions for green card fee payment and my right as a Spouse of a USC against domestic violence.

Thanks to everyone. I truly appreciate your prayers and wishes.

@ABK congratulations to you too. @RC23 how did your interview go?

@Zelixx tomorrow is your big day.

@Mrs Prestige @Drake Bash @Saaniya @wendykay @Don Godwin @Reqahmed @Themmi @Kashika  @valentinasc@judy karim congratulations to you guys in advance. @Possible18 @olusoladan @Kanene @Meghan&Gene @O&O too many to remember,I prayer you get your interview this letters this week. Prayers going up for you all.

wow congratulations sis 💃💃 am so happy for you

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sugarlegetiti said:

Today is a great day, celebrating our sis 🎉🎉🎉🍾🍾🍾🥂🥂🥂💃💃💃💃💃💃

Yes oh. You guys rock 

2 hours ago, Mrs Prestige said:

Yes u are right @Sugarlegetiti I cant wait for the rest us to get our approval too.

Yes oh.. it's very close 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ABK said:

Many congratulations to you @Abies

Alhamdulilah, my interview went really well. The Co was very nice and friendly. He did not ask for any financial documents. He looked at my birth and marriage certificate, wedding pics. 

Questions:

Who's the sponsor?

How long have you been married?

What does your husband do (work)?

Where does your father in law work?

Where were you born?

Have you traveled outside Pakistan?

Why did you go to KSA?

What does your father do? 

Does your husband live with his parents?

Then he said, to approve your visa I need new visa photos because your head covering is not showing your hair line and ears. I went back to the first building and got new photos. Went again to the embassy and was asked to submit pics at another window. That's it. I don't know what does this mean. My case status still says, "Ready".

Also, I was asked if I would like to have the interview in English or Urdu? I chose Urdu so there was a translator next to the interviewer. I could not understand some of his questions so ot was nice to have a translator but other than that I answered in English.

Congrtualtions to you too dearie.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

To all waiting for your interviews they are on their way. To all going for interviews you have been approved and welcome to America. My husband is flying in on Friday the excitement is overwhelming, but I thank God this far he has brought us and thus far he will take us. Thank you VJ fam. Let's meet in the nxt forums.🤩🤩🤩😊😊😊🥂🍾🥂🍾

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mrs Prestige said:

Congratulations my darling sister,  our God has proven himself once again in ur life. Am soooooooo happy for u💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃. Funny enough today must really be a good day. I havent been able to comment on this forum over a week now. Am surprised am able to do so now. 

Thank you so much my beloved sister in whom I'm well pleased.

The countdown has started  for you.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Abies said:

Fellow VJers,

My interview was scheduled for 6:30am today. Arrived the embassy by 5:30am and went into the embassy by 6:30am.

3 consular officers were assinged to immigrants,the much talked about Asian American Guy,the Africa American lady and a white guy. 

I was number1,was called first and interviewed by the white guy at 7:36am(GMT+1). The whole interview was less than 10mins and was out of the embassy by 7:47am.

5. What are his hobbies?
9. What did you both do when he visited last? This question made him go further from my response. One of the things i told him was that my husband always cooked for me when he's in Nigeria(which is also one of his hobbies)then he went ahead to ask what kind of meals did he cook,i told him our local dishes then he went ahead to ask what recipes and I told him egusi,ogbolo soup and pounded yam,he responded by telling me he loves egusi soup so much and at this time,I became more relaxed.
10. Asked for our wedding pictures and people in the pictures,asked for our pictures together prior to our wedding and finally he pronounced the magical words.. I'm going to approve your visa at this time,gave me 3papers for visa pick up,instructions for green card fee payment and my right as a Spouse of a USC against domestic violence.

@Mrs Prestige @Drake Bash @Saaniya @wendykay @Don Godwin @Reqahmed @Themmi @Kashika  @valentinasc@judy karim congratulations to you guys in advance. @Possible18 @olusoladan @Kanene @Meghan&Gene @O&O too many to remember,I prayer you get your interview this letters this week. Prayers going up for you all.

Congrats dear.

45 minutes ago, Abies said:

Yes oh. You guys rock 

Yes oh.. it's very close 

Congratulations @Abies best of luck for future :) 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Abies said:

Visa Approved guys...!

Details Shortly.

Yessssssss Congratulations @Abies Glory be to God!!  💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾🎉🎉🎉

Timeline
3 hours ago, ABK said:

Many congratulations to you @Abies

Alhamdulilah, my interview went really well. The Co was very nice and friendly. He did not ask for any financial documents. He looked at my birth and marriage certificate, wedding pics. 

Questions:

Who's the sponsor?

How long have you been married?

What does your husband do (work)?

Where does your father in law work?

Where were you born?

Have you traveled outside Pakistan?

Why did you go to KSA?

What does your father do? 

Does your husband live with his parents?

Then he said, to approve your visa I need new visa photos because your head covering is not showing your hair line and ears. I went back to the first building and got new photos. Went again to the embassy and was asked to submit pics at another window. That's it. I don't know what does this mean. My case status still says, "Ready".

Also, I was asked if I would like to have the interview in English or Urdu? I chose Urdu so there was a translator next to the interviewer. I could not understand some of his questions so ot was nice to have a translator but other than that I answered in English.

Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Timeline
1 hour ago, Abies said:

Fellow VJers,

5. What are his hobbies?

Congratulations. Thanks a lot too

Timeline
1 hour ago, Abies said:

Fellow VJers,

5. What are his hobbies?

Wow it went smooth, God is good.  I am so happy for you.  Thank you for answering our questions here, I know its not easy.  Thanks foe the prayers.  Have a safe trip to Cali ✈️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.