Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hey all, 

For those of you scheduling interviews through the ustraveldocs website, how does the beneficiary name show up on the screen right before paying the interview fee?

My fiancé's name is written correctly as GIVENNAME FAMILYNAME on mailed communication from the consulate (or potentially FAMILY, GIVEN elsewhere), and his profile on the schedule website is also filled out correctly, but on that final screen, it is showing as GIVEN, FAMILY (with the coma, usually indicating family name is first). Is this a problem?

I know it might sound silly but I really don't want to pay double the interview fee!

01/22/2018: Filed I-129F

10/11/2018: K-1 Interview (Guangzhou, China) -- approved at last!

02/14/2019: POE

02/21/2019: We're married, baby!

03/29/2019: Filed for AOS, EAD, and AP

02/07/2022: Filed for ROC

12/13/2022: Filed N400

3 minutes ago, Noor Salam said:

Good luck everyone!

Good luck to you Noor Salam. :D

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

23 minutes ago, JDP91 said:

Hey all, 

For those of you scheduling interviews through the ustraveldocs website, how does the beneficiary name show up on the screen right before paying the interview fee?

My fiancé's name is written correctly as GIVENNAME FAMILYNAME on mailed communication from the consulate (or potentially FAMILY, GIVEN elsewhere), and his profile on the schedule website is also filled out correctly, but on that final screen, it is showing as GIVEN, FAMILY (with the coma, usually indicating family name is first). Is this a problem?

I know it might sound silly but I really don't want to pay double the interview fee!

It's not a problem. The time to check everything is when you get your visa and it should match the passport. Be sure all future paperwork is as it is on the passport unless of course the passport is wrong then use the birth certificate unless of course if that is wrong then you have to get busy correcting documents prior to your interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

4 minutes ago, Noor Salam said:

@Greenbaum

Hii there,

I have a question, it might be silly but I couldn’t resist 😥

My fiance and I got approved and currently waiting for nvc to reach out giving us a case number. That being said, I am the petitioner, and we are in the process of collecting the rest of the docs and essential paper work is currently being sent to my fiancé, the beneficiary.

I am part time empolyee, I don’t really make much since Im going to school..we do have a co-sponsor, a friend of my dad who owns business and does meet the requirements. He is more than willing to co sponsor with me since he considers me a daughter. 

My question is.. will they deny my fiancé when he gives them the affidavits of support from me (main sponsor) and dads friend (co sponsor)?

I am sorry if its a silly question, I am just wondering if this would results in the denial of our case because they’d see I have a co-sponsor, is it a high risk?

Thanks 🙏 

Here is the simple answer. US embassy's prefer that the joint sponsor for K1 is an immediate relative of the petitioner (ex: parent or sibling).  They do not have to except the co-sponsor for a K1, but each case is different. We have seen approvals and we have seen rejected applications. 

If the K1 visa application fails, you can take the spousal route. You would marry in the Philippines and then file for a visa In the IR1/CR1 category, the joint sponsor can be anybody (relative or friend) as long as they meet the requirements.  This process the CO must take the sponsor.

Fill out the paperwork and bring it to the interview and present it to the CO ONLY IF THE CO ASKS FOR IT. Don't volunteer information.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Trying to fill in the DS160 online, after I complete the first page and select to go to next page , it says “timed out “ and if I click ok, it kicks me out of the system.  Once I go through the steps to open the application again , it goes directly back the the timed out message.  How do I get around this?  How can I download the form and complete it that way instead ?  So frustrated!!!! 🤬

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Anyone know when will you receive email by NVM after your case waa sent to the US consulate?

I need that email for applying for the Hong Kong Police Clearance in HK

Timeline
2 hours ago, Chair_force1 said:

Trying to fill in the DS160 online, after I complete the first page and select to go to next page , it says “timed out “ and if I click ok, it kicks me out of the system.  Once I go through the steps to open the application again , it goes directly back the the timed out message.  How do I get around this?  How can I download the form and complete it that way instead ?  So frustrated!!!! 🤬

My fiancé and I had the same problem. We probably had to login 20 times or more to get the whole thing done. Tried it in on a different computer and browser with no change. I think their software is just really glitchy. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, siulamvb said:

Anyone know when will you receive email by NVM after your case waa sent to the US consulate?

I got my case number on Aug 24th and on Aug 30th I received the email that it was forwarded to the consulate. (NOA2 Aug 9th)

5 hours ago, siulamvb said:

There letter usually takes 2-4 weeks. Your best to follow these instructions to get a copy of the NVC letter. It's advisable to contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address. Also, ask about getting a copy of your case number assignment or better known as the NVC letter.

Individuals residing in Hong Kong

All applicants should appear in person at the Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Office which is located at 14/F, Arsenal House, Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong. The office is open from 9am to 5:15pm from Monday to Friday. (Note: The payment window is closed daily between 1-2pm and stops accepting payments at 5pm.) Applicants may elect to make an advance appointment through the Automatic Telephone Appointment System at 2396-5351, no less than one day in advance of the intended appointment.

An applicant should be prepared to present the following items:

(1) his/her Hong Kong Identity Card or valid travel document;

(2) the original and a photocopy (for each applicant) of the letter from NVC which contains his/her name and the checklist of documents necessary for obtaining a visa (the one that references the need for police certificates);

(3) the original and photocopy of a document proving his/her relationship with the principal applicant for the visa if item #2 does not contain the applicant name;

(4) the processing fee of HK$185 per person payment via cash, Octopus cards or checks payable to Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.”

All applicants must consent to have their fingerprints taken. Each applicant must sign an authorization that the fingerprints can be retained by the Hong Kong Police and that details of any criminal conviction recorded in Hong Kong can be disclosed to the U.S. Consulate General.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Hi Everyone! i have a couple questions about the fees. Is there a separate fee from the one paid on the day of the interview? If so where is it paid? Our P3 letter states to bring the DS-160 confirmation page and a fee of $265 but on the Embassy site i read about another fee of $160? Thanks for your help. 

I-129F Submitted: 16 January 2018 NOA1 Received: 26 January 2018 NOA2 Received: 02 August 2018 | NVC Received: 16 August 2018 | Consulate Received: 07  SEP 2018 | Medical: 24 SEP 2018 | Interview: 28 SEP 2018 | VISA in Hand: 23 OCT 2018 | POE: 10 NOV 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 270

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, JDP91 said:

My fiancé and I had the same problem. We probably had to login 20 times or more to get the whole thing done. Tried it in on a different computer and browser with no change. I think their software is just really glitchy. 

I figured it out.  It doesn’t like any Apple web browsers.  I used safari and Firefox., but then downloaded Chrome for macs and it fixed the issue 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

There letter usually takes 2-4 weeks. Your best to follow these instructions to get a copy of the NVC letter. It's advisable to contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address. Also, ask about getting a copy of your case number assignment or better known as the NVC letter.

Individuals residing in Hong Kong

All applicants should appear in person at the Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Office which is located at 14/F, Arsenal House, Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong. The office is open from 9am to 5:15pm from Monday to Friday. (Note: The payment window is closed daily between 1-2pm and stops accepting payments at 5pm.) Applicants may elect to make an advance appointment through the Automatic Telephone Appointment System at 2396-5351, no less than one day in advance of the intended appointment.

An applicant should be prepared to present the following items:

(1) his/her Hong Kong Identity Card or valid travel document;

(2) the original and a photocopy (for each applicant) of the letter from NVC which contains his/her name and the checklist of documents necessary for obtaining a visa (the one that references the need for police certificates);

(3) the original and photocopy of a document proving his/her relationship with the principal applicant for the visa if item #2 does not contain the applicant name;

(4) the processing fee of HK$185 per person payment via cash, Octopus cards or checks payable to Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.”

All applicants must consent to have their fingerprints taken. Each applicant must sign an authorization that the fingerprints can be retained by the Hong Kong Police and that details of any criminal conviction recorded in Hong Kong can be disclosed to the U.S. Consulate General.

Thank you. Does NVC willing to send the letter by a soft copy via email? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.