Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Vee_bay_bee said:

Thank you for your help!!! I don't know what I would do without this site :)

If anyone has any further knowledge of the Santo Domingo Embassy/ Medical feel free to advice as well. 

YW :thumbs: I just saw that you posted some questions in a thread dedicated to the SD Embassy and it looks like you'll do fine with the folks over there. They seem very helpful. I even scoured some information in the event others have the same questions.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

5 minutes ago, Bure said:

@Greenbaum Can I submit my interview, fix appointment and book my medicals now? 

If your K1 or K3 petition has been approved by the Department of Homeland Security and you have received notification from the National Visa Center that your petition is on its way to post, you should download and complete the following application. The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos will contact you when your petition has arrived at post so that you may schedule your appointment. If you have questions, you may e-mailLagosIV@state.gov. [Click to open "Interview Preparatory Packet (K1, K3)"PDF 539KB] Also, please review the pamphlet “Information on the Legal Rights Available to Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence in the United States and Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa.”  (PDF 53KB) https://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/Interview_Prep_Packet_K1-K3_SEP14.pdf

You don't need to make appointments for medicals in Nigeria. You need to wait to pay the visa fee (have the DS-160 confirmation page) and have the interview booked before you can go for medicals.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

You don't have to wait for your file to be delivered to USEM to start processing. You can pay your interview fee, schedule your interview, complete your medical, get CFO out of the way and complete the DS-160. Don't wait. See the information that I gave to someone else who is processing their visa through the Philippines.

The CFO was something I was unaware of before.  My fiancee told me that she needed to do that after she got her passport / visa back after the interview.  Is it something that she can do before?  Everything else is done.  Just a little concerned that the NVC doesn't get to the Embassy before the scheduled interview, which is 9/25.

4 minutes ago, MarkFarrer said:

The CFO was something I was unaware of before.  My fiancee told me that she needed to do that after she got her passport / visa back after the interview.  Is it something that she can do before?  Everything else is done.  Just a little concerned that the NVC doesn't get to the Embassy before the scheduled interview, which is 9/25.

Most do the CFO before receiving their passport with visa contained there within because we have seen CFO appointments go fast and if you are trying to catch a plane and no CFO she is not going to be able to leave the country. With CFO out of the way, she can go to any CFO office and present her CFO certificate and passport with visa and they will affix it there while she waits. No appointment is necessary for this action.

Your allowed to cancel TWO interview appointments before you are accessed a penalty.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Scott Br said:

Yes.  I received the hard copy of the NOA2 last week.

Oh ok. We havent receive NOA2 hard cooy and NVC havent receive our case. I wonder why we have same NOA2 date and same consulate. 😞

Edited by LaPrincesa04

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
41 minutes ago, RickE said:

NAO2 August 29

NVC received case September 14

This was much quicker than the 215 days for 129F approval! 😂 

Called Tuesday and nothing, so I figured I'd try again today..Looks like we're a day behind y'all!

NOA2 August 28

NVC Received & case # issued September 13

189 days for I-129F approval :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Bure said:

I also want to know if I can reschedule my interview for an earlier date. O got November for my interview 

Yes if an earlier appointment opens up and your case is ready at the consulate for an interview then you can reschedule for an earlier date.  However, you are only allowed to reschedule 2 times or you will have to pay another MRV fee.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

Yes if an earlier appointment opens up and your case is ready at the consulate for an interview then you can reschedule for an earlier date.  However, you are only allowed to reschedule 2 times or you will have to pay another MRV fee.

How do I know if an earlier appointment opens up?  stalk the appointment page daily? I have my case number already

Timeline
Just now, Bure said:

How do I know if an earlier appointment opens up?  stalk the appointment page daily? I have my case number already

Yes, you can check the appointment page and see if something opens up earlier.

I am not sure how the process works for Nigeria, however,  be sure you follow their specific instructions and make sure your case is ready for interview at your embassy.  IF not they will cancel the interview appointment and tell you to come back another day.

Just because the ceac website says it is ready does not mean its ready for an interview at the consulate.

You can check out the VJ section for Nigeria and ask others who have been through the process and they will be able to give you much better advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

Yes, you can check the appointment page and see if something opens up earlier.

I am not sure how the process works for Nigeria, however,  be sure you follow their specific instructions and make sure your case is ready for interview at your embassy.  IF not they will cancel the interview appointment and tell you to come back another day.

Just because the ceac website says it is ready does not mean its ready for an interview at the consulate.

You can check out the VJ section for Nigeria and ask others who have been through the process and they will be able to give you much better advice.

For Nigeria, once the case number is available the interview can be booked.  And then give 14 days at least before the interview for the medicals.  But now,  I got November 6 for the interview which I think is a tad late

Timeline
Just now, Bure said:

For Nigeria, once the case number is available the interview can be booked.  And then give 14 days at least before the interview for the medicals.  But now,  I got November 6 for the interview which I think is a tad late

Yes you can book the interview but make sure you case is ready for an interview at the consulate.  Right now according to your timeline your case is still at NVC. Once  it has been sent to consulate - then they have to open the packet, review and prepare it for interview.  November 6 should be plenty of time for all that to happen but I wouldn;t make it for next week if something opened up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Noa2: aug 27

case received: sept 14

we are hoping for case number on Monday and that it gets sent right away to embassy not oct 2 with a group since it seems the Belgian embassy doesn’t have that many people applying compared to other countries! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.