Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
13 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Thank you so much! I filled out my profile. Thank you! 

15 minutes ago, rebnoe said:

Thank you so much for this information!! 

So now that our case is at NVC, we are already able to schedule our medical?  Or should I wait until it says "ready" on the CEAC website??

I was originally under the impression that we would wait until the packet arrived at Amsterdam.  Do you happen to have any more information/tips on this?

If you open the link I provided the first sentence answers your question. Take time to read the information now and return with questions.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

If you open the link I provided the first sentence answers your question. Take time to read the information now and return with questions.

Thank you

3 hours ago, Spardasa said:

Just got off the phone with NVC to see if they've created a case number yet. They haven't received my stuff yet from USCIS.  Lame.

NOA2:  8-29-2018

Your in normal processing time. We see anywhere from 2-3 weeks. more :clock:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

14 minutes ago, Vee_bay_bee said:

Does our case have to be "ready" at the embassy before my fiance's fingerprint and medical appointment?

Thanks!

Looks like you need to complete the DS-160 first as you will need the number to schedule the interview. Once you schedule the interview the folks for the medical will allow you to schedule the medical. More information below and some information from a previous DR member.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican%20Republic&cty=Santo%20Domingo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17b9Xxvd_YAgCenc65GwkdDDO5-3NytY3/view?usp=sharing

After waiting for "something" finally on August 3, 2018 the Embassy at Santo Domingo notified us by email that we that we could start filing DS-160 and scheduling  VAC  and Consulate Appointments.  As stated before in these forums the Santo Doming Embassy does not mail packet #3.  However we expected some kind of notification by "snail" mail but got the email instead.  Still in doubt that the package was received electronically since NVC sent it on July 24 and the info was updated on July 25 with status Ready.  Now the CEAC shows that the case was updated on August 6.

Since both medical exam providers  Consultorios de Visa and Servicios Médicos Consulares list the appointment sheet (Hoja de Cita)   as a prerequisite you must schedule your appointments on the ustraveldocs.com/do website.  In order to do that you need the DS-160 confirmation number.  

As stated in these forums be very VERY careful on creating your ustraveldocs (aka https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/applicanthome)  profile.  I won't spout the whole rant about the website.  Be mindful of two caveats: 1) Type the email exactly as it is.  One small typo will cause you not to receive anything since the profile will be created without the system validating the email first.  2)Never create more that one profile just to check out website user interaction.  I did both mistakes and had to call ustraveldocs and request that all 3 profiles (the first I created, the one with the typo in the email and the one with the correct email) be merged since I used the same beneficiary's data.  The system checks that and won't let you pay and schedule your appointments.  VAC appointment is on the last week of August and Embassy in mid-September.  After we are done I will be updating our timeline.

Once we passed that hurdle we managed to fill and file DS-160 print in PDF the confirmation page.  We also printed in PDF the DS-160 already filled and filed.  By this week we hope to complete the medical and all requested documents.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

18 minutes ago, rebnoe said:

Also, does anyone have the information on how to apply for email updates with the NVC?  I dont think I'm signed up for that yet...

It's advisable to contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

37 minutes ago, KeRViv said:

Same dates as well ☺️

I hope you are not waiting for USEM to contact you as you will be waiting for weeks. Use the information below and get started setting your interview appointment, your medical and CFO.

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get done. To smooth that trail for you I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps he includes the what, when and why to completing the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread are processing through another country they would be hard pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

5 hours ago, MarkFarrer said:

My NOA2 is Aug 10 / Case number Aug 28 and I'm still at NVC...

You don't have to wait for your file to be delivered to USEM to start processing. You can pay your interview fee, schedule your interview, complete your medical, get CFO out of the way and complete the DS-160. Don't wait. See the information that I gave to someone else who is processing their visa through the Philippines.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

31 minutes ago, argylejegirl said:

Thank you! I have filled in my profile now. The embassy is costa rica. We also already have a copy of what they will send my fiance in Packet 3, given to us by rapidvisa, so I feel like we do not need to wait for that. We will wait to schedule the medical exam until the NVC sends the petition to the embassy (hopefully next tuesday?). At which time, we would receive an email that it has been sent, correct? 

Thank you for all your help! 

When you get your P3 letter from CR Embassy could you share that with me as I use it to help others that come behind you. Thanks. Contact me through VJ as a PM and we can work out the details. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

18 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Looks like you need to complete the DS-160 first as you will need the number to schedule the interview. Once you schedule the interview the folks for the medical will allow you to schedule the medical. More information below and some information from a previous DR member.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican%20Republic&cty=Santo%20Domingo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17b9Xxvd_YAgCenc65GwkdDDO5-3NytY3/view?usp=sharing

After waiting for "something" finally on August 3, 2018 the Embassy at Santo Domingo notified us by email that we that we could start filing DS-160 and scheduling  VAC  and Consulate Appointments.  As stated before in these forums the Santo Doming Embassy does not mail packet #3.  However we expected some kind of notification by "snail" mail but got the email instead.  Still in doubt that the package was received electronically since NVC sent it on July 24 and the info was updated on July 25 with status Ready.  Now the CEAC shows that the case was updated on August 6.

Since both medical exam providers  Consultorios de Visa and Servicios Médicos Consulares list the appointment sheet (Hoja de Cita)   as a prerequisite you must schedule your appointments on the ustraveldocs.com/do website.  In order to do that you need the DS-160 confirmation number.  

As stated in these forums be very VERY careful on creating your ustraveldocs (aka https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/applicanthome)  profile.  I won't spout the whole rant about the website.  Be mindful of two caveats: 1) Type the email exactly as it is.  One small typo will cause you not to receive anything since the profile will be created without the system validating the email first.  2)Never create more that one profile just to check out website user interaction.  I did both mistakes and had to call ustraveldocs and request that all 3 profiles (the first I created, the one with the typo in the email and the one with the correct email) be merged since I used the same beneficiary's data.  The system checks that and won't let you pay and schedule your appointments.  VAC appointment is on the last week of August and Embassy in mid-September.  After we are done I will be updating our timeline.

Once we passed that hurdle we managed to fill and file DS-160 print in PDF the confirmation page.  We also printed in PDF the DS-160 already filled and filed.  By this week we hope to complete the medical and all requested documents.

We completed the DS-160, and have the fingerprint appointment on 9/25 and interview 10/23. My fiance called the medical place and they said they worked on a walk in basis. They told him he only needs to bring in his passport, confirmation letter of his interview, and the address where he will be residing in the US (which I did not know he needed that). 

However, our case is still at the NVC. So, does our case have to be at the embassy before 9/25? I'm not sure if I may have screwed up and scheduled the fingerprint appointment too soon 😫 

Edited by Vee_bay_bee

3 minutes ago, Vee_bay_bee said:

We completed the DS-160, and have the fingerprint appointment on 9/25 and interview 10/23. My fiance called the medical place and they said they worked on a walk in basis. They told him he only needs to bring in his passport, confirmation letter of his interview (Confirmation page could be a screen shot of the approved interview appointment that you make online should suffice), and the address where he will be residing in the US (which I did not know he needed that). That's new information to me. I wonder why they need that. Oh Oh I think I know, in the event that they need to contact you after you arrive in the US they'll have the information. Can't think why that would be but maybe it has to do with vaccinations and any issues that can be resolved with your country health department at that address.

However, our case is still at the NVC. So, does our case have to be at the embassy before 9/25? I'm not sure if I may have screwed up and scheduled the fingerprint appointment too soon 😫  I don't think that it would be required as it's just a fingerprint card that you probably hand carry to your interview.

I'm not all familiar with your Embassy but let me make a stab at answering your questions the best I know how.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know this question has been asked a million times and i already know the answer but my fiance is hearing various conflicting answers so i thought i better confirm. When you are filling out the DS160 it asks for the case number. It clearly states the case number from the USCIS (the WAC #) but some people think you need to put the NVC number there. Which one is it? 

Thanks 

Edited by That Bingo
spelling

5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I'm not all familiar with your Embassy but let me make a stab at answering your questions the best I know how.

Thank you for your help!!! I don't know what I would do without this site :)

If anyone has any further knowledge of the Santo Domingo Embassy/ Medical feel free to advice as well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.