Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bure said:

@Greenbaum any help please? 

1. I would like to know if the new letter of intent for the interview will be addressed to USCIS or the consulate where the interview will be held? If the a letter of intent is needed for the interview it can be addressed to the Embassy where the interview will take place. If the letter is NOT a requirement, in other words if it is not listed in the P3 items needed for the interview, then there is no need to do when do will do.

2. Also my fiancée (the petitioner) has exceeded the 125% in the last two of the required 3 years ITR. I hope this will not be a problem because she didn't meet the 125% requirement in the first of the 3 years. It will not be a problem. Most Embassy's are more interested in the most current tax year filings (2017) then they are about 3 years worth. Again, review the P3 for the requirements. Why do when do will do? Have your fiancée get Tax Transcripts as they are about 2 pages long and the CO's much prefer this method. They can be downloaded for free right from the IRS website. Link is here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

5 minutes ago, Clecuona said:

Hi friends...new to this thread.... January filer and received my NOA2 Aug 20th....

Called the NVC today...nothing yet...from reading around I know I will most likely get a case number by sometime late next week.

My fiance - beneficiary - lives in the Dominican Republic....

I've done my fair share of research but am beginning to feel a bit confused...

Can someone clarify my next steps please!

I feel like I have several websites to visit and sign up or fill forms out in...maybe I'm wrong...

I know I have to do the DS160 - have read you don't necessarily need a case number for it and it's good for one year but I haven't done anything yet.

I have to register an account to schedule both the VAC app and Interview and pay online at 

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/

What about the DS260? Online immigrant visa application and registration form? NOPE

AOS? Affidavit of Support? I-134 with supporting documentation.

Where do I find these forms? Google search will always find them for you.

Thank you guys for all your help wouldn't be able to do this stuff without VJ! 

xoxo

This is what I have been able to piece together. I only ask that you send me a copy of the DR Packet 3 letter. Just PM me on VJ and will go from there.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican%20Republic&cty=Santo%20Domingo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17b9Xxvd_YAgCenc65GwkdDDO5-3NytY3/view?usp=sharing

After waiting for "something" finally on August 3, 2018 the Embassy at Santo Domingo notified us by email that we that we could start filing DS-160 and scheduling  VAC  and Consulate Appointments.  As stated before in these forums the Santo Doming Embassy does not mail packet #3.  However we expected some kind of notification by "snail" mail but got the email instead.  Still in doubt that the package was received electronically since NVC sent it on July 24 and the info was updated on July 25 with status Ready.  Now the CEAC shows that the case was updated on August 6.

Since both medical exam providers  Consultorios de Visa and Servicios Médicos Consulares list the appointment sheet (Hoja de Cita)   as a prerequisite you must schedule your appointments on the ustraveldocs.com/do website.  In order to do that you need the DS-160 confirmation number.  

As stated in these forums be very VERY careful on creating your ustraveldocs (aka https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/applicanthome)  profile.  I won't spout the whole rant about the website.  Be mindful of two caveats: 1) Type the email exactly as it is.  One small typo will cause you not to receive anything since the profile will be created without the system validating the email first.  2)Never create more that one profile just to check out website user interaction.  I did both mistakes and had to call ustraveldocs and request that all 3 profiles (the first I created, the one with the typo in the email and the one with the correct email) be merged since I used the same beneficiary's data.  The system checks that and won't let you pay and schedule your appointments.  VAC appointment is on the last week of August and Embassy in mid September.  After we are done I will be updating our timeline.

Once we passed that hurdle we managed to fill and file DS-160 print in PDF the confirmation page.  We also printed in PDF the DS-160 already filled and filed.  By this week we hope to complete the medical and all requested documents. Know I will fill form I-134 as part of my files and wait patiently to meet again with my love 😍

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

56 minutes ago, SR_CAN said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for NVC to send your case to the embassy? I might have read something about NVC sending batches out every few weeks...Might have misread though 🙆‍♀️

Nope you read it right but some Embassy's get there cases electronically sent and that happens everyday but others still are under the old process of physical cases are sent to the Embassy via DHL every two weeks. Next shipment is scheduled 9/3 and if you miss that one it's 9/18.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Chair_force1 said:

Hey all, who knows the answer??  When filling out the affidavit of support, how long is the actually affidavit good for? 30 days, 40 days, etc?  Just wanted to know if it can expire while waiting on interview?

Six months. The much prefer them to be as close to the interview date when possible so if you had it for the interview about 30 to 45 days you would be fine.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

1. I would like to know if the new letter of intent for the interview will be addressed to USCIS or the consulate where the interview will be held? If the a letter of intent is needed for the interview it can be addressed to the Embassy where the interview will take place. If the letter is NOT a requirement, in other words if it is not listed in the P3 items needed for the interview, then there is no need to do when do will do.

2. Also my fiancée (the petitioner) has exceeded the 125% in the last two of the required 3 years ITR. I hope this will not be a problem because she didn't meet the 125% requirement in the first of the 3 years. It will not be a problem. Most Embassy's are more interested in the most current tax year filings (2017) then they are about 3 years worth. Again, review the P3 for the requirements. Why do when do will do? Have your fiancée get Tax Transcripts as they are about 2 pages long and the CO's much prefer this method. They can be downloaded for free right from the IRS website. Link is here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Thanks man!  I already have the tax transcript.  She got it online and sent to my email to print directly 

Just now, Bure said:

Thanks man!  I already have the tax transcript.  She got it online and sent to my email to print directly 

Then I'd have to say you are about ready for the interview. Funny thing is you'll probably be in front of the CO for 5 min tops. :thumbs: And don't forget to ask if you passed. :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

12 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

This is what I have been able to piece together. I only ask that you send me a copy of the DR Packet 3 letter. Just PM me on VJ and will go from there.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican%20Republic&cty=Santo%20Domingo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17b9Xxvd_YAgCenc65GwkdDDO5-3NytY3/view?usp=sharing

After waiting for "something" finally on August 3, 2018 the Embassy at Santo Domingo notified us by email that we that we could start filing DS-160 and scheduling  VAC  and Consulate Appointments.  As stated before in these forums the Santo Doming Embassy does not mail packet #3.  However we expected some kind of notification by "snail" mail but got the email instead.  Still in doubt that the package was received electronically since NVC sent it on July 24 and the info was updated on July 25 with status Ready.  Now the CEAC shows that the case was updated on August 6.

Since both medical exam providers  Consultorios de Visa and Servicios Médicos Consulares list the appointment sheet (Hoja de Cita)   as a prerequisite you must schedule your appointments on the ustraveldocs.com/do website.  In order to do that you need the DS-160 confirmation number.  

As stated in these forums be very VERY careful on creating your ustraveldocs (aka https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/applicanthome)  profile.  I won't spout the whole rant about the website.  Be mindful of two caveats: 1) Type the email exactly as it is.  One small typo will cause you not to receive anything since the profile will be created without the system validating the email first.  2)Never create more that one profile just to check out website user interaction.  I did both mistakes and had to call ustraveldocs and request that all 3 profiles (the first I created, the one with the typo in the email and the one with the correct email) be merged since I used the same beneficiary's data.  The system checks that and won't let you pay and schedule your appointments.  VAC appointment is on the last week of August and Embassy in mid September.  After we are done I will be updating our timeline.

Once we passed that hurdle we managed to fill and file DS-160 print in PDF the confirmation page.  We also printed in PDF the DS-160 already filled and filed.  By this week we hope to complete the medical and all requested documents. Know I will fill form I-134 as part of my files and wait patiently to meet again with my love 😍

Yes my friend I will def send you over anything I receive, thank you for your help like always xoxo

This is quite useful.... thank you

8 hours ago, Scott Br said:

Officially joining this group after receiving notification of NOA2 approval on Aug 28.  Look forward to all of your insight as I move forward to the next stage of this process.

I don't know if I have shared the process for USEM in Manila but I will post for you and anyone else that has an interview in the Philippines.

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get done. To smooth that trail for you I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps he includes the what, when and why to completing the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread are processing through another country they would be hard pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys, we received our NOA2 on August 29 - so excited to be joining you all here!

I’m a bit confused. Obviously the NVC won’t have our case yet as it’s literally just been approved, but is there anything we can do as of right now to make sure we can get our NVC number quickly?

ive seen somewhere you can email the NVC and request that they update you? Is this true, how do you do so and is it too early to do it now considering we only got approved on the 29th. Or are we simply waiting for two weeks to pass and then call every day until it’s ready? 

Thanks 🙂

19 hours ago, Plumley042 said:

@greenbaum - I'm the beneficiary (I-129f) aka the applicant (DS-160). 

We have our NVC case number, and now awaiting the file to be shipped to the US Consulate in Auckland, New Zealand.

I've changed address since we completed the I-129f. How do I notify NVC and/or the Auckland Consulate so that the P3 will be correctly mailed to me? Apologies if you've previously answered this query, but I haven't found anything in this thread, or others that I've looked through.

Thanks

@Greenbaum

1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

Contact both with your new address.

USCIS

https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

And the Embassy their in NZ

https://nz.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/auckland/contact-us/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Nate & Kylie said:

Hi guys, we received our NOA2 on August 29 - so excited to be joining you all here!

I’m a bit confused. Obviously the NVC won’t have our case yet as it’s literally just been approved, but is there anything we can do as of right now to make sure we can get our NVC number quickly?

ive seen somewhere you can email the NVC and request that they update you? Is this true, how do you do so and is it too early to do it now considering we only got approved on the 29th. Or are we simply waiting for two weeks to pass and then call every day until it’s ready? 

Thanks 🙂

After getting notified and receiving your NOA2 send an email to NVC asking for them to email both you and your fiancé if any updates occur. In the past they have replied when your case was received from USCIS, another when your case number has been assigned and when your case is being sent out to your Embassy without you having to make any further queries by phone. Here is where you send this information to:

Email address: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: Your receipt #

Body: Petitioner's Complete Name Birthday ; Beneficiary's Complete Name Birthday

Or use the online form

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

After getting notified and receiving your NOA2 send an email to NVC asking for them to email both you and your fiancé if any updates occur. In the past they have replied when your case was received from USCIS, another when your case number has been assigned and when your case is being sent out to your Embassy without you having to make any further queries by phone. Here is where you send this information to:

Email address: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: Your receipt #

Body: Petitioner's Complete Name Birthday ; Beneficiary's Complete Name Birthday

Or use the online form

Fantastic, thanks heaps. 

Our recipt number. Is that our WAC Number our case has, or is that a number on the hard copy NOA2 form that will be posted to my fiancé’s address? 

13 minutes ago, Nate & Kylie said:

Fantastic, thanks heaps. 

Our recipt number. Is that our WAC Number our case has, or is that a number on the hard copy NOA2 form that will be posted to my fiancé’s address? 

Receipt number on your NOA1 and NOA2. They are the same on both documents.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Nope you read it right but some Embassy's get there cases electronically sent and that happens everyday but others still are under the old process of physical cases are sent to the Embassy via DHL every two weeks. Next shipment is scheduled 9/3 and if you miss that one it's 9/18.

Our  NOA2  approval  letter  was  8/9.2018  and  we  got  our  case  number   only  9/30/2018  (thats  when  my  Fiance  called  NVC).

Checked NVC  status  and  it  says  "ät NVC"".

Question  :  any  chance ours  will go by  next  NVC  shipment  that is ,9/3 or  9/4 ?  or  likely  by  9/18 ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.