Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

And I bet you are getting the 6 week got to wait message!

Yup! But that didn't stop me lol they told me to call every day to check though, which I did. 😆

Friends since 2005

Went to HK together, became couple 11/23/2017

NOA 1: JANUARY 25 2018

NOA 2: AUGUST 7 2018

NVC RECEIVED: AUGUST 17 2018

NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: AUGUST 20 2018

CASE IN TRANSIT: SEPTEMBER 04 2018

CASE READY: SEPTEMBER 05, 2018

MEDICAL: SEPTEMBER 11 & 12, 2018

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 14, 2018 (RESCHEDULED BY USEM DUE TO TYPHOON)

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 18, 2018 APPROVED!!

VISA ISSUED: SEPTEMBER 20, 2018

VISA IN TRANSIT:  SEPTEMBER 24, 2018

VOH: SEPTEMBER 25, 2018

FLIGHT TO THE US: NOVEMBER 14, 2018

WEDDING: JANUARY 23, 2019

Adjustment of Status/EAD/AP

PACKET SENT TO USCIS: March 12, 2019 

RECEIVED DATE: March 14, 2019

NOA 1: March 18, 2019 

BIOMETRICS: May 7, 2019

3 hours ago, jbpshsu said:

Not much longer at least! I totally feel you on the last part, can't wait for the process to be over and she'll be here for good. Yes we are lucky her work allows her to take off chunks at a time, and I had plenty of miles saved up from work travel. I originally thought she could just fly here on her tourist visa and we get married. I should have known better...

That's visa fraud! :bonk: https://www.prideimmigration.com/marry-us-citizen-tourist-visa/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

And I bet you are getting the 6 week got to wait message!

Yup! But that didn't stop me lol they told me to call every day to check though, which I did. 😆

Friends since 2005

Went to HK together, became couple 11/23/2017

NOA 1: JANUARY 25 2018

NOA 2: AUGUST 7 2018

NVC RECEIVED: AUGUST 17 2018

NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: AUGUST 20 2018

CASE IN TRANSIT: SEPTEMBER 04 2018

CASE READY: SEPTEMBER 05, 2018

MEDICAL: SEPTEMBER 11 & 12, 2018

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 14, 2018 (RESCHEDULED BY USEM DUE TO TYPHOON)

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 18, 2018 APPROVED!!

VISA ISSUED: SEPTEMBER 20, 2018

VISA IN TRANSIT:  SEPTEMBER 24, 2018

VOH: SEPTEMBER 25, 2018

FLIGHT TO THE US: NOVEMBER 14, 2018

WEDDING: JANUARY 23, 2019

Adjustment of Status/EAD/AP

PACKET SENT TO USCIS: March 12, 2019 

RECEIVED DATE: March 14, 2019

NOA 1: March 18, 2019 

BIOMETRICS: May 7, 2019

3 hours ago, Tokenfreak said:

Cool!  Are you going back over there soon?  I'm planning on going back over there and attending the interview with my fiancee.  That's why I am ready to get our case number as we haven't seen each other in person since last November.

3 hours ago, jbpshsu said:

Thankfully she came back for a month in December and 3 weeks in May. I am going back September 1-16, going to Palawan and Hong Kong/Macau as well. Eventually I decided to just schedule a trip cause I needed to request off for work, and see how it fit in that schedule. At the very least I'll be able to hand deliver all the documentation. It's hard for me going about 4 months without seeing her, not sure how all of you go longer.

If you guys can be at the interview :wow: that would be so supportive to her. I attended my wife's interview and it was one of the most fascinating process's to see. They're hundred's who are there that day who are getting visa's for all sorts of reasons. The place is a mob house. There are two things you can expect, one they will let you stand in at the interview or they may ask you to take a seat while she is being interviewed. I wasn't able to stand with my K1 and 2 K2's but the CO was very nice and said hello and said that they appreciate when the partner is there (which I think means easy approval as you just proved that their is a relationship). While I was sitting I was near the last interview station and I listened to the CO interview a young women with a child. In the end and through all the questioning, she was denied. That CO was sharp as she uncovered that the child was not hers and that it was her sisters and she was trying to get a visa for both. Got caught and turned away. Lifetime ban!

So try and go you'll appreciate more of what you are going through when you see the crowd that is there and that is for just ONE day. It's like that every day.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

6 hours ago, Tokenfreak said:

So after we get the case number we can go ahead and schedule the interview and medical exam right?  We don't have to wait on the petition to arrive at the embassy first?  Just trying to prepare ourselves for the next step while we are waiting on the case number.  Also for Philippines the case # is the same as the MNL #?  Thanks

You need to trust the process. Remember all the links and information that I sent you. What does it say you can do? It says that once you have your case number you DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT for the file to arrive at USEM. Begin by paying the interview fee. Next schedule the appointment. Next complete the Medical. Next get CFO out of the way. Yes you can attend CFO without the passport. Just have to return once you have the passport with the visa to get the CFO sticker installed.

:clock: your wasting time.

P.S. I think I see your fiancé telling you that you and her can't do any of that till the file is a USEM and they notify you that your case is READY. WRONG. Hank and I have helped hundreds using this method. It will save you 30 to 45 days. Now if you want to wait just tell me to buzz off and I'll stop bothering you with what to do next and you won't have to second guess me. 

If you like some personal help just PM me with your questions. I'll even answer questions from your fiancé.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

NOA2 notice date Aug 6, and case was received by NVC today (8/17/2018). Not entered into the database yet though, so no case number yet.

5 minutes ago, nowayout203 said:

NOA2 notice date Aug 6, and case was received by NVC today (8/17/2018). Not entered into the database yet though, so no case number yet.

Probably won't have case number assigned for 10 business days. So calling now would be fruitless.

This is a website that is dedicated to those who are processing a visa from the US Embassy in China. I personally don't have a lot of knowledge so "buyer be where".

http://candleforlove.com/

From another VJ member who had first hand knowledge provided this information.

GUZ takes on average 30 days to deliver P3, it is not electronic.

I can tell you that P3 for GUZ is only 4 line items

1. DS-160 Confirmation Page

2. Copy of Passport Personal Page

3. 2 Passport style photos White Background, Well Lit, 50mm x 50mm

4. Return the P3 instructions page

#4 is what prevents people in China from getting a head start, they want the instructions page mailed back with the requested documents.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp#KVisaPetitions

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview. K visa applicants will be notified by the U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview.

An individual with an approved petition and a priority date that is current for processing (when applicable) is eligible to apply for an immigrant visa or K nonimmigrant visa. Immigrant visa applicants will be notified by either the National Visa Center (NVC)

And don't forget the help from other members here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/94-china/

And the Portal here on VJ for processing in China and what to expect

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=China&cty=Guangzhou

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 minute ago, JB yang said:

Me and my fiancee filed our i129f last jan.23 2018 but till now we are still waiting for our NOA2😕

Hang in there. There are still some January filers waiting for NOA2 approval.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Probably won't have case number assigned for 10 business days. So calling now would be fruitless.

Technically, today (or at latest, this upcoming Monday, depending on how you count) is the 10th business day from the 8/6 NOA2 date. But given recent trends, it looks like it's at most one business day between the date that NVC receives a case and the day the case number is assigned to it. NVC is officially saying they may need up to a week to enter all the received cases in the backlog.

8 minutes ago, nowayout203 said:

Technically, today (or at latest, this upcoming Monday, depending on how you count) is the 10th business day from the 8/6 NOA2 date. But given recent trends, it looks like it's at most one business day between the date that NVC receives a case and the day the case number is assigned to it. NVC is officially saying they may need up to a week to enter all the received cases in the backlog.

Count from when the NVC receives the case then the clock starts ticking not from NOA2.

I saw one case that was assigned a case number within one day of receipt by NVC. I read 8 different threads daily and that is the information that I'm seeing. I bookmark the pages and when I sign back on the next day I read backwards to the point that quit the day before.

If you can show me those who have gotten them in one day I will change my recipe. Till then I still advocate it takes approx. 10 business days from when NVC receives the case to assign a case number. BTW NVC in the 5+ years I have been on VJ has never had a 1 day track record. :thumbs:

And it was no problem to give you that information on processing through China. I hope it serves you well.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Count from when the NVC receives the case then the clock starts ticking not from NOA2.

I saw one case that was assigned a case number within one day of receipt by NVC. I read 8 different threads daily and that is the information that I'm seeing. I bookmark the pages and when I sign back on the next day I read backwards to the point that quit the day before.

If you can show me those who have gotten them in one day I will change my recipe. Till then I still advocate it takes approx. 10 business days from when NVC receives the case to assign a case number. BTW NVC in the 5+ years I have been on VJ has never had a 1 day track record. :thumbs:

I don't know how accurate this is, but it's been shared widely (and updated recently): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=606080062

Some received their case number on the same day that NVC received it. Others had to wait an extra day before getting a case number.

Edited by nowayout203

10 minutes ago, nowayout203 said:

I don't know how accurate this is, but it's been shared widely (and updated recently): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=606080062

Some received their case number on the same day that NVC received it. Others had to wait an extra day before getting a case number.

If you look at that spread sheet and look over at the column that says the "number of days from NOA2 to case number" is greater the 30-40 in most cases. The calculation for the case number being assigned is column "H".

There is something wrong with how they are calculating the case number assign date. Because why would 5 months of NOA 2 to NVC threads, like this one, would everyone be reporting 2-4 week waiting times for NVC to assign the number. Go to June 2018 NOA2 to NVC thread and start from the beginning and follow to the end and you will see that there is no one that will say they got their case number in one day.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

If you look at that spread sheet and look over at the column that says the "number of days from NOA2 to case number" is greater the 30-40 in most cases. The calculation for the case number being assigned is column "H".

There is something wrong with how they are calculating the case number assign date. Because why would 5 months of NOA 2 to NVC threads, like this one, would everyone be reporting 2-4 week waiting times for NVC to assign the number. Go to June 2018 NOA2 to NVC thread and start from the beginning and follow to the end and you will see that there is no one that will say they got their case number in one day.

I'm not really reading the calculated fields at face value. But if you look towards the end of the spreadsheet, and at the most recent additions (July-August, around row 548), columns F and G are the NVC received dates and NVC case number assigned dates (based on human input). Many of them are same day or 1 business day apart.

If you really wanted to take the calculated column H at face value, it's calculating the difference between the NOA2 date (column D) and the NVC case number assigned date (column G), in calendar days. Those that are still waiting for their case to be received at NVC based on the spreadsheet data will show the days elapsed since NOA2 in column E.

Edited by nowayout203

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Something makes me think that your 2-4 week waiting time reference is the elapsed time between the NOA2 date (the date when USCIS approved your petition) and the NVC case number assigned date. I believe that the time it takes for NVC to physically receive the approved petition from USCIS is the longest part of the wait (it's sent by ground, and possibly in batches). Considering California (USCIS) and Massachusetts (NVC) are on opposite ends of the continental US, most ground services quote an estimate of about 4-5 business days to ship things to/from.

Once NVC physically receives a case (quoted by others as the "NVC received date"), it doesn't seem to take long for them to enter the case into the system and assign a case number to it (the "NVC case number assigned" date).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.