Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, AlexisCC said:

so now this is what i check to see when it reaches the embassy? or is there anything that can be done in advance now that i have the case number?

I would email the consular section at PristinaVISAS@state.gov. Ask for the Packet 3 letter and what the procedures are for scheduling the interview. I have some information but that bit I am lacking. Once you find out what is required and if you do get the P3 can you let me know the procedures for scheduling and also can you scan a copy of the P3 and PM it to me here on VJ? Sorry to say, I don't have much on Kosovo but would like to compile some more information for others who come behind you that I can help with that information. Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Ogk7YFNQl-6R2pfwLP4K7g2jPZu15Ll/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Duplicate

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

232 days later and we're approved!!! 😍😍😍 Of course, that's just the website, who knows when the NOA2 will actually come in the mail.

Anyone else here London embassy? I've heard good things, so fingers crossed.

Question: Is the number that will be on my NOA2 different than my USCIS number? In other words, if the physical letter hasn't turned up in 10 days, am I ok to start calling NVC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nora S said:

232 days later and we're approved!!! 😍😍😍 Of course, that's just the website, who knows when the NOA2 will actually come in the mail.

Question: Is the number that will be on my NOA2 different than my USCIS number? In other words, if the physical letter hasn't turned up in 10 days, am I ok to start calling NVC?

I’m London embassy too! Sounds like it’s a very quick and easy interview for most so I’m hopeful!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I would email the consular section at PristinaVISAS@state.gov. Ask for the Packet 3 letter and what the procedures are for scheduling the interview. I have some information but that bit I am lacking. Once you find out what is required and if you do get the P3 can you let me know the procedures for scheduling and also can you scan a copy of the P3 and PM it to me here on VJ? Sorry to say, I don't have much on Kosovo but would like to compile some more information for others who come behind you that I can help with that information. Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Ogk7YFNQl-6R2pfwLP4K7g2jPZu15Ll/view?usp=sharing

Thank you so much for this and Will do! this is a little confusing for me bc usually Kosova uses Skopje as the embassy but when I got my case number the beginning letters were for prishtina...and from what I understand there was an embassy being made like 2 years ago in prishtina but I’m not sure if it can be used or if it’s even completed yet. So those beginning letters threw me off a bit now. I thought they would be the letters of the embassy you’re going for the interview. It’s difficult  bc there’s either not much information on kosovo or it’s pretty outdated for K1 visa. Is the information you provided current or from a few years back?

I-129F Submitted: 16 January 2018 NOA1 Received: 26 January 2018 NOA2 Received: 02 August 2018 | NVC Received: 16 August 2018 | Consulate Received: 07  SEP 2018 | Medical: 24 SEP 2018 | Interview: 28 SEP 2018 | VISA in Hand: 23 OCT 2018 | POE: 10 NOV 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 270

1 hour ago, AlexisCC said:

Thank you so much for this and Will do! this is a little confusing for me bc usually Kosova uses Skopje as the embassy but when I got my case number the beginning letters were for prishtina...and from what I understand there was an embassy being made like 2 years ago in prishtina but I’m not sure if it can be used or if it’s even completed yet. So those beginning letters threw me off a bit now. I thought they would be the letters of the embassy you’re going for the interview. It’s difficult  bc there’s either not much information on kosovo or it’s pretty outdated for K1 visa. Is the information you provided current or from a few years back?

Fresh off the website for US Embassy Kosovo. My recommendation is to search out others who are processing from Kosovo and compare notes. Here is how you find them.

There are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them. Also, there is another place you can go and follow others who are processing the same time you are and for the same Embassy. Go to the blue ribbon at the top of this page and select "portals". Scroll down the left-hand side of the page till you get to VJ "your country's name" Timelines. Just below it you'll see "K-1" so you select it and out pops a window with others from your country.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, Nora S said:

The NOA2 number is what is referred to as the WAC number and it's really used for much. The letter may get to you around that time but don't bank on it. That's why most are calling NVC after a few weeks. Once NVC has your file then give it about 10 days and begin calling.

Currently it's been taking about 2 weeks for USCIS to send the file to NVC. Then it's been taking about 2-3 weeks for NVC to assign the case number. Then it's taking another 2-3 week depending on the Embassy to receive your case. Your mileage may vary!

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, Nora S said:

2 hours ago, nikki1992 said:

I’m London embassy too! Sounds like it’s a very quick and easy interview for most so I’m hopeful!

Here is what is needed for the interview.

P3 instructions for the UK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M92AwztXRnkFw6xwUF0ZlntJ6D4-eK2E/view?usp=sharing

Embassy Page

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/tourism-visitor/required-documents/

London Portal here on VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Kingdom&cty=London

There are experts over in the sub -forum for your country located here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/ where others from your country are processing or they are there after they have finished with everything and can guide you on their experience. A TON of information and help there.

First of all, if you haven’t already done so, make sure you complete your DS-160 and request your police certificate.  Now that you have your case number, you can call Knightsbridge to schedule your medical exam.  You’ll need to give them your case number when you schedule your appointment.  Once you have your exam scheduled, DS-160 completed and have everything else that you need for your interview, complete the Notification of Applicant Readiness Form and when your NVC case status changes to “In-transit” you can go to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv to create an account and schedule an interview.  Make sure that you allow at least 5 working days between the date of your medical exam and the date of your interview or risk the results from the exam not arriving in time.  For your interview go here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv/  or call here 442074867822

U.S. Embassy London is pleased to inform you that we have received an approved petition in support of your

fiancée) or K3/4 visa application. Please refer to our website at https://uk.usembassv.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/ for detailed instructions on preparing for your visa interview and scheduling the appointment.

In accordance with 9 FAM 41.81 PN3.2, please find:

•        One copy of the petitioner's approved Form I- 129F, together with any criminal background information (including information on protection orders) that USCIS has gathered on the petitioner and any information that USC1S has provided regarding prior Form 1-129F filings by the petitioner.

•        One copy of USCIS's pamphlet, "Information on the Legal Rights Available to Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence in the United States and Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa.

Issuance of a K visa is not guaranteed. A Consular Officer will evaluate your case and make a final determination

You are advised not to make any travel plans until you receive your visa.

Should you need to communicate with the Embassy regarding your case, please provide your case number exactly as

it is listed below.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/tourism-visitor/required-documents/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Joining the August club, we were approved today. I'm so happy!

K1

2018-02-09: I-129F sent

2018-02-15: NOA1

2018-08-16: NOA2

2018-10-11: Interview 

2018-10-19: Visa received

2018-12-06: US entry

2018-12-15: Wedding

AOS/EAD/AP

2019-02-26: Filed

2019-03-05: NOA

2019-06-12: Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751)

Potomac Service Center

2021-05-07: Filed

2021-05-12: NOA

2021-08-26: Biometrics

2023-03-11: 48-month extension letter received

2024-02-07: RFE 

2024-02-14: Response to RFE received

2024-02-15: I-751 approved

Citizenship (N-400)

2024-04-02: Filed

2024-04-03: NOA

Biometrics reused

2024-08-08: Interview (Approved same day)

2024-08-17: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Got NOA2 on August 4th, called NVC today to check for a case number... They said I should call back in 6 weeks... I know it's still early but I'm guessing 6 weeks is a giant exaggeration to ward off hoards of phone calls every day? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
43 minutes ago, tayae said:

Got NOA2 on August 4th, called NVC today to check for a case number... They said I should call back in 6 weeks... I know it's still early but I'm guessing 6 weeks is a giant exaggeration to ward off hoards of phone calls every day? 

I just called them, and they told me something very similar. :(

All I had to give them when I called was our WAC number.  From what I can tell, the CEAC number that they ask for on their automated system is from the DS-160, correct?  Would my fiancee have to file that, or would I?  I thought we couldn't file the DS-160 without a case number from NVC.

NVC confirmed that they received our case on August 15 (NOA2 date August 3).  Said it would take up to 8 weeks to get a different case number, and I should call back in 3-4 weeks to get that case number and invoice ID.  Even more concerning, they gave me no timetable for when our visa package would reach Sydney. :( Not a good thing to tell someone who has a scheduled wedding on December 1.

(Edit: I don't know if this matters, but the number I used was 1-603-334-0700, option 1, then option 7.)

But based on what a lot of other people here have said, it doesn't really take 8 weeks.  What should we do next?

Silly side note: I really wonder why they didn't put the NVC near an airport that has more direct access to international cargo routes.  Philadelphia or Atlanta would have been good, but Portsmouth, NH?? :D

Edited by microcebus

June 2016: We started writing to each other

June-July 2017: Met in person in the US for our first anniversary

December 2017 - January 2018: Met again in the US and got engaged

01/09/2018: I-129F sent to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox via FedEx

01/16/2018: Received NOA1 (NOA1 notice date: 01/11/2018)

June-July 2018: Met in person in Singapore and Australia for our second anniversary

08/03/2018: Notice date on our NOA2 (updated in USCIS's new website on August 6)

08/15/2018: Our case reached NVC

08/22/2018: Received NVC case number

09/04/2018: Our package left NVC (arrived 9/11, and she sent packet 3 that day)

09/20/2018: Received packet 4; scheduled interview

10/30/2018: Interview - told that we're approved!  Now waiting to receive the visa...
11/27/2018: Port of Entry at BWI

12/1/2018: Our wedding!

12/8/2018: Filed AoS on the way to our honeymoon (12/8-15/2018)
6/~7/2019: EAD and AP approved
09/25/2019: AOS interview in Orlando -- approval and green card!

Next step, June 2019: Filing I-751

Note: My wife is a Singaporean.  She moved to Australia before we met and got permanent residency there.

57 minutes ago, tayae said:

Currently it's been taking about 2 weeks for USCIS to send the file to NVC. Then it's been taking about 2-3 weeks for NVC to assign the case number. Then it's taking another 2-3 week depending on the Embassy to receive your case. Your mileage may vary!

15 minutes ago, microcebus said:

I just called them, and they told me something very similar. :(

All I had to give them when I called was our WAC number.  From what I can tell, the CEAC number that they ask for on their automated system is from the DS-160, correct?  Would my fiancee have to file that, or would I?  I thought we couldn't file the DS-160 without a case number from NVC.

NVC confirmed that they received our case on August 15 (NOA2 date August 3).  Said it would take up to 8 weeks to get a different case number, and I should call back in 3-4 weeks to get that case number and invoice ID.  Even more concerning, they gave me no timetable for when our visa package would reach Sydney. :( Not a good thing to tell someone who has a scheduled wedding on December 1.

(Edit: I don't know if this matters, but the number I used was 1-603-334-0700, option 1, then option 7.)

But based on what a lot of other people here have said, it doesn't really take 8 weeks.  What should we do next?

Silly side note: I really wonder why they didn't put the NVC near an airport that has more direct access to international cargo routes.  Philadelphia or Atlanta would have been good, but Portsmouth, NH?? :D

CEAC number can't be generated till after you receive your case number. I think that the automated system is asking some entirely different then what you are there for so ignore it. You register after receiving your case number at CEAC.gov. This then allows you to begin following your case throughout the K-1, AOS and ROC.

They can't predict with any certainty how long it's gong to take to assign a case number. The human factor along with work load dictates when a case number is assigned. Timetable to Sydney is problematic also for other reasons. They really don't care that you have a wedding scheduled. I've looked and there is no where that you can request a certain approval date so you can schedule your wedding.

What you should do next is wait. Give it a few more days and then call again. If nothing, give a few more days. You're driving yourself crazy with these high expectations. Not only you but most others here do the same. There is a process and you need to trust the process.

Funny thing is DHL, who fly's most of NVC's physical cases does fly out of Portsmouth airport. So location of a larger airport has it downfalls. Much rather see it coming from a small airport with relatively low traffic then Atlanta that can experience delays much much longer.

Ok. Before you spam me this is not to single you out because every month the majority of applicants, like you, are saying the same thing or near it. I'm here to help but I also point out that reality in this situation is going to be your best buddy. You can take that to the bank.

Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, tayae said:

You should still call back every couple of days, that’s just the response they tell people.  Truth is, you could be assigned a case number any day now 

2 hours ago, tayae said:

They say the same thing to everybody. Call again. I have seen people getting their case number a day or two after nvc receive it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.