Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Teyci said:

Hello everyone! Our  NVC status  is ready (dates changed 3 times : 10 Sept >>14 Sept>> 17 Sept) ..whew ..i dont have any idea why ?&*#@

Was it because we are under K1/K2?

Well moving forward, I just  hope  for our packet 3 to arrive  soon..(praying it will  be this week!!!) 

So while waiting, we paid for our MRV fee and started to fill in DS 160 application.  

However,  I need inputs on the following items below.  Forgive me as its really  silly, but can't afford to make mistakes now..so here are they:

1. My fiance works as IT consultant under the  Medical//Health industry in US.  So under Fiance Occupation drop down list, theres no IT Consultant, But there is Medical/ Health and Computer Science.  So which one should I choose?

2. I dont know any relatives of mine living in US.  However, recently learned that my cousin entered US in Aug , 2018 under K1 visa.  So,  we have to declare that I have relative/s in US ? 

Also,  my sister is currently in US under tourist/business visa  ,  should I declare that as , I have immediate family in US?  She's  leaving the US by Nov and will be back to NZ where she resides

@Greenbaum  please shed some light here?

Thanks in advance!

1. if he's an IT consultant his occupation is in Computer science not health care.

2. If your cousin entered the US in Aug 2018 under K1 visa she is living in the US so yes you have to declare her.

Maybe @Greenbaum can help with wether or not to declare your sister.

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Chair_force1 said:

Has anyone’s status changed to “in transit” today?  Mine is still at NVC 🤔😡

Mine has changed today.  in transit!!! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Aanastasiia said:

“In Transit”!

NOA2 - Aug 15

Case # - Sept 5

A little bit more pain with changing embassies - and things finally will go forward🙏🏻

Why the change? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Case is now in transit !!

luckily for me I’m all organised, just need to pay the MRV fee. I’ll do that when the case status is “Ready”.

so exciting !

Edited by angusdonald13

Timeline
2 hours ago, Teyci said:

Hello everyone! Our  NVC status  is ready (dates changed 3 times : 10 Sept >>14 Sept>> 17 Sept) ..whew ..i dont have any idea why ?&*#@

Was it because we are under K1/K2?

Well moving forward, I just  hope  for our packet 3 to arrive  soon..(praying it will  be this week!!!) 

So while waiting, we paid for our MRV fee and started to fill in DS 160 application.  

However,  I need inputs on the following items below.  Forgive me as its really  silly, but can't afford to make mistakes now..so here are they:

1. My fiance works as IT consultant under the  Medical//Health industry in US.  So under Fiance Occupation drop down list, theres no IT Consultant, But there is Medical/ Health and Computer Science.  So which one should I choose?

2. I dont know any relatives of mine living in US.  However, recently learned that my cousin entered US in Aug , 2018 under K1 visa.  So,  we have to declare that I have relative/s in US ? 

Also,  my sister is currently in US under tourist/business visa  ,  should I declare that as , I have immediate family in US?  She's  leaving the US by Nov and will be back to NZ where she resides

@Greenbaum  please shed some light here?

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations on your case being ready. 

1. Computer science

2. The relative the DS 160 is asking for are close relatives.  Father, mother and siblings. So count your cousin out. But since you said your sister is in the US on a tourist visa,  I think you should include her. 

3 minutes ago, angusdonald13 said:

Case is now in transit !!

luckily for me I’m all organised, just need to pay the MRV fee. I’ll do that when the case status is “Ready”.

so exciting !

You can pay the MRV fee at any point, you do not need to wait for the status to be "Ready". 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've noticed the "Case last updated" date on the CEAC tracker change a few times since last week - Does this mean someone is working on our case?

P3 PLEASE GET HERE ASAPPPPPP

Edited by SR_CAN

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
38 minutes ago, SEF said:

You can pay the MRV fee at any point, you do not need to wait for the status to be "Ready". 

Maybe a dumb question but how can I do that?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi All! We went to "In Transit" today as well. The message below it I found confusing. Do we ignore it like we ignored the message that talked about it being at NVC? Also - when do we receive an email or packet or anything?

"Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Our case changed to in transit today!!!!

My fiance called and tried to schedule a medical appointment today in Amsterdam, but the people told him to wait until the case was received by the embassy.  I guess he'll try to call again tomorrow and say it's now in transit, and hopefully be able to schedule the medical.  

Also, is there  anything else we should be doing? We've prepared pretty much all of our documents already.  

We have not filled out the DS160.  Partly because I'm not sure where to even do that... Can someone shed some light on that?

Also, I'm confused about the whole waiting for "packet 3" to arrive from the Amsterdam embassy.  Will this be delivered by mail to my fiance in the Netherlands?  Or email?  Anyone have any clue on this?

Thanks in advance.  :) SO excited.

14 minutes ago, Moon&Stars said:

Hi All! We went to "In Transit" today as well. The message below it I found confusing. Do we ignore it like we ignored the message that talked about it being at NVC? Also - when do we receive an email or packet or anything?

"Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

You can ignore that.  That's for other types of immigrant visas :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Moon&Stars said:

yes, just ignore! by tomorrow you can try to log into the website and see if you can already schedule the interview! that is how it works for brazil! :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bure said:

Why the change? 

Things are pretty bad in Moscow, people spending months trying to schedule appointments which will take place also in months... So we recently learned there is a possibility to change the embassy if another country is ready to take you. Moscow certainly doesn’t mind, it has lines for a year ahead...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
26 minutes ago, rebnoe said:

Our case changed to in transit today!!!!

My fiance called and tried to schedule a medical appointment today in Amsterdam, but the people told him to wait until the case was received by the embassy.  I guess he'll try to call again tomorrow and say it's now in transit, and hopefully be able to schedule the medical.  

Also, is there  anything else we should be doing? We've prepared pretty much all of our documents already.  

We have not filled out the DS160.  Partly because I'm not sure where to even do that... Can someone shed some light on that?

Also, I'm confused about the whole waiting for "packet 3" to arrive from the Amsterdam embassy.  Will this be delivered by mail to my fiance in the Netherlands?  Or email?  Anyone have any clue on this?

Thanks in advance.  :) SO excited.

You can ignore that.  That's for other types of immigrant visas :)

I am also Dutch, just like your Fiance, and I was able to do my medical exam with just having my casenumber. So if you call again tomorrow tell them you have a casenumber. They want proof of that so did you ever got an email saying that your case was assigned a casenumber? Because that email is enough proof. 

If I understood everything correctly than the packet 3 will be send to your Fiance. The packet will ask you to send the Embassy a copy of your passport and a copy of the DS-160 confirmation page (saying that you filled it in and you paid the fee). Maybe it will ask for more documents but you will find that out once receiving the packet 3.

After you’ve send the documents back to the Embassy you will receive Packet 4 which is allowing you to schedule your interview. 

Maybe there is some information missing in my explanation so just google around and check VJ :) 

Edited by B-B

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.