KarenCee

Blessed Mother's Day

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

This Mother's Day is a special one. Not just because it's Mother's Day. Tomorrow will be exactly ONE YEAR since my beloved Joel flew home to me...forever. Mother's Day has always been one of gladness and sadness for me. This year I do have more to be happy about...but it doesn't negate the sad part. This is the second Mother's Day without my beloved Momma and the ninth one without my sweet boys Michael and Matthew, my angel boys.

For those who are mothers this will make sense. For those who aren't yet, if you choose to become a mother, you will understand someday. For those who aren't able or choose not to, this is probably how your own mother felt. For me...it is truth. Being a mom has been and shall always be the greatest accomplishment of my life. Please do not take this as a slight to you if you do not feel the same. I cannot expect, nor would I ever expect, anyone to feel the same as I and I certainly do not mean any offense to anyone by my words or by this Mother's Day message.

Before I was a Mom I never tripped over

toys or forgot words to a lullaby.

I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.

I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom - I had never been puked on,

pooped on, chewed on, peed on.

I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.

I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom I never held down a screaming child so doctors

could do tests. Or give shots.

I never looked into teary eyes and cried.

I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.

I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't

want to put them down.

I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't

stop the hurt.

I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.

I never knew that I could love someone so much.

I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom - I didn't know the feeling of having my heart

outside my body.

I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.

I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.

I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important

and happy.

Before I was a Mom - I had never gotten up in the middle of the night

every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.

I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the

wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.

I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Beatiful post Karen Cee... Thank you for sharing your most private thoughts and Happy Mother's Day to you!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

KarenCee, you absolutely treasure what is precious in your life. This is the 3rd Mother's Day in a row which has been bestowed upon me to keep this day in observance for 2 of my 3 daughters. My ex-wife, their mother, has selfishly decided to be with her boyfriend somewhere else. I felt bad for my girls when I went to get them from their mother's home yesterday. My youngest who is 10, told me that her mother came home from work, grabbed her things, and took off out the door to catch her flight without saying goodbye to her. My 12 year old told me that in her class, her and the other students had to make a Mother's Day gift. She told me it was a waste because her mother won't even be around to accept it. I told her that me being a father is limitless. If I have to do things for my girls that their mother won't do, I do it without hesitation. She asked me if I wanted the gift she made. I told her I would love and would be happy to accept it to display proudly in our home. ;)

Edited by altimixdj

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
KarenCee, you absolutely treasure what is precious in your life. This is the 3rd Mother's Day in a row which has been bestowed upon me to keep this day in observance for 2 of my 3 daughters. My ex-wife, their mother, has selfishly decided to be with her boyfriend somewhere else. I felt bad for my girls when I went to get them from their mother's home yesterday. My youngest who is 10, told me that her mother came home from work, grabbed her things, and took off out the door to catch her flight without saying goodbye to her. My 12 year old told me that in her class, her and the other students had to make a Mother's Day gift. She told me it was a waste because her mother won't even be around to accept it. I told her that me being a father is limitless. If I have to do things for my girls that their mother won't do, I do it without hesitation. She asked me if I wanted the gift she made. I told her I would love and would be happy to accept it to display proudly in our home. ;)

*sigh* Some of my students are being raised by their grandparents. We were having the classes make Mother's Day cards and such when one of my sweet kids came up to me and asked "what do I do, I live with my gramma...she's not really my mom?" I replied that to me, the person who loves you, gives you what you need to survive, cares about you and nurtures you...that person is your mother. To me, it is not genetics that alone make a mother. It's what is in the heart.

I should have stated in my original post...this could also be said of fathers as well. Maybe it should be stated "before I was a parent..."

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
*sigh* Some of my students are being raised by their grandparents. We were having the classes make Mother's Day cards and such when one of my sweet kids came up to me and asked "what do I do, I live with my gramma...she's not really my mom?" I replied that to me, the person who loves you, gives you what you need to survive, cares about you and nurtures you...that person is your mother. To me, it is not genetics that alone make a mother. It's what is in the heart.

I should have stated in my original post...this could also be said of fathers as well. Maybe it should be stated "before I was a parent..."

It's okay. You didn't need to change a word to what you originally wrote. I thought it was absolutely fine. After I read what you had written, it just weighed upon how my girl's must feel when their mother does this to them. It irritates me a little to know why their mother doesn't see in the same manner as the words you have originally wrote. Overall, it's sad and I do my best to keep my girl's spirits up! :thumbs:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Nice post Karen. I agree 100%. Being a mother is the most amazing thing ever to happen in anyone's life. Aw, kids are so sweet.

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007