The Nature  Boy

Commentary: My $200,000 Debt Should Not Disqualify Me For Governor of Georgia

21 posts in this topic

This is why the democratic party if falling so badly. This is their candidate for governor this year in GA. She wants to raise Taxes, restrict gun ownership and sandblast stone mountain. Yet she owes 50K in back taxes, and has 170K in credit card debit despite making good money most of her life. Probably the most unelectable candidate they have ever run in Ga.  Maybe when she goes down in flames they will blame in on the russsians

http://fortune.com/2018/04/24/stacey-abrams-debt-georgia-governor/

3 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

This is why the democratic party if falling so badly. This is their candidate for governor this year in GA. She wants to raise Taxes, restrict gun ownership and sandblast stone mountain. Yet she owes 50K in back taxes, and has 170K in credit card debit despite making good money most of her life. Probably the most unelectable candidate they have ever run in Ga.  Maybe when she goes down in flames they will blame in on the russsians

Isn't Georgia where that rep pulled down his pant's and said the N word as a way to stop terrorist attacks. Did you guys legalize marijuana and not tell anyone?

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

3 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Isn't Georgia where that rep pulled down his pant's and said the N word as a way to stop terrorist attacks. Did you guys legalize marijuana and not tell anyone?

If we legalized weed, I am sure my writing style may improve 

5 hours ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

In all seriousness though, I agree with the assertion in the title. Debt alone shouldn't disqualify her from running. It's hard to say anyone is unelectable nowadays, given some of the people we have actually seen elected.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Debt shouldn't disqualify someone from running for office. However as a voter you should ask yourself if you are okay voting for someone who is irresponsible with money. If they can't manage their own money they can't manage your money and I personally wouldn't vote for a person like this.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

3 hours ago, jg121783 said:

Debt shouldn't disqualify someone from running for office. However as a voter you should ask yourself if you are okay voting for someone who is irresponsible with money. If they can't manage their own money they can't manage your money and I personally wouldn't vote for a person like this.

Did you read the article? 

It was from school. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Did you read the article? 

It was from school. 

" I owe the IRS over $50,000 in deferred tax payments (I am currently on a repayment plan) and hold more than $170,000 in credit card and student loan debt."

It wasn't all from school, it just started with school debt. 

10 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

" I owe the IRS over $50,000 in deferred tax payments (I am currently on a repayment plan) and hold more than $170,000 in credit card and student loan debt."

It wasn't all from school, it just started with school debt. 

Which probably started from having such a large school payment. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Did you even read my post? I just said it started with the school debt :P I just corrected you on the fact that it wasn't the ONLY debt she had. 

Filed: Timeline
55 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Making poor (more than you can afford) school choices is a personal thing.  That's why Americans have credit in the first place, they want more than they can afford.

Also, one can work while going to college to offset debt.  

Most of her student debt was paid off when she started practicing law in 1999. Also had nothing to do with her not paying taxes.

https://www.glamour.com/story/stacey-abrams-200000-in-debt

I managed to pay off the credit card when I started practicing law in 1999."

1 hour ago, Satisfied said:

Making poor (more than you can afford) school choices is a personal thing.  That's why Americans have credit in the first place, they want more than they can afford.

Also, one can work while going to college to offset debt.  

Maybe bachelors debt, not graduate debt.

Sometimes its not feasible to work and go-to grad school due to other priorities in life. 

Law school is notorious for having low placement rates, forcing students to sit on that debt for a few years. 

Edited by Keith & Arileidi