2,949 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, haven’t been on this page since feb/March. I’ve been so engrossed with work and traveling. I had my GC interview in February. Still waiting to hear from them about my approval. It’s been a longgggg wait. Hoping that some good news will come my way soon. I wish everyone the very best this new month. 

15 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Hello everyone,
I'm going to send Form I-485 and I want to know what I need to do the medical tests.
Questions:
1. Do I have to send the medical examinations together with Form I-485?
2. What do I need to go to the USCIS-authorized doctor to do the medical exams?
3. Do I need a letter from USCIS requesting medical exams or can I go for the medical exams myself?
thanks for your help

1. No you don’t have to send them together. You can just take the sealed envelope you get from the doctor to your interview. The medical is only good for a year, so I would wait until after your VAWA is approved and your I-485 is transferred to your local office to get it done. 

2. If you have a list from your physician with all your vaccinations, you can take that as proof. I would recommend getting any vaccinations from your doctor prior to going to your medical as your insurance typically covers vaccinations at your primary care physician but most insurances don’t cover any of the costs at the medical. 

3. No, they will not send you anything. You can just make an appointment and go. Just keep in mind that the medical is only good for 12 months and USCIS will make you retake it if it is expired before your interview. 

1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

1. No you don’t have to send them together. You can just take the sealed envelope you get from the doctor to your interview. The medical is only good for a year, so I would wait until after your VAWA is approved and your I-485 is transferred to your local office to get it done. 

2. If you have a list from your physician with all your vaccinations, you can take that as proof. I would recommend getting any vaccinations from your doctor prior to going to your medical as your insurance typically covers vaccinations at your primary care physician but most insurances don’t cover any of the costs at the medical. 

3. No, they will not send you anything. You can just make an appointment and go. Just keep in mind that the medical is only good for 12 months and USCIS will make you retake it if it is expired before your interview. 

Thanks iwillsurvive for your help and great cooperation!

Edited by Florecita_Bella

On 7/29/2018 at 8:58 AM, Roms2017 said:

Sorry for what u have been through Dear you can file vawa u have a case base on psychological abuse, mental abuse is very dangerous get therapie done talk to friends who knows about the abuse to write a statement on it for you, gather proof that u guys living, share bills or family phone plan, taxes,cards you or he offered, pictures.

Lets us knows once gathering those proof.

We help each other and advice here in oder to win that fight.

God bless u

Thank you!

I guess i will start gathering these proofs. Can i select my own psychologist?  Or do i get appointed to go see one?

On 7/30/2018 at 7:58 AM, Double said:

The ONLY advice I have for you is this:

you have a good foundation for a strong case. Take your time and prepare a solid true declaration/statement. Even it it requires three months of a solid TRUE  statement. Think through every detail of your day to day life with this person and pen it down! Don’t worry about the police report thing too much especially if you don’t have it. The psych evaluation should help too. 

Good luck!!

Thank you for your advice! 

I will definitely do my very best and gather as much documents as i can for people who review vawa cases. Hopefully my case will be approved. And in regards to a psych evaluation...do i find my own psychologist? Do i tell them that it is for a vawa case... not too sure how that part works.

What can i do if i do not have an original marriage certificate for a vawa petition? I have a photocopie of the original...but my husband has the original. He will not under any circumstances give it to me either. We were marriage in Europe....would be extremely hard to get another one, if i could even get one at all.

Please advice. Thank you

17 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Hello everyone,
I'm going to send Form I-485 and I want to know what I need to do the medical tests.
Questions:
1. Do I have to send the medical examinations together with Form I-485?
2. What do I need to go to the USCIS-authorized doctor to do the medical exams?
3. Do I need a letter from USCIS requesting medical exams or can I go for the medical exams myself?
thanks for your help

'https://my.uscis.gov/findadoctor

38 minutes ago, Totoro_J said:

My case was approved today!!!

Special thanks to @sandranj for your help and suggestion, and for people here support me through your positive posts and PMs.

My timeline as follow:

Apr-05-2017 : i-360 packet @ Vermont Center

Apr-21-2017 : Receipt Date for i360

May-26-2017 : Prima Facie received

May-31-2017: i485, 765, 131 @ Vermont Center

Jun-12-2017: Receipt Notice for 485, 765 and 131

Jul-10-2017: More recent abuse evidence sent to Vermont.

Aug-15-2017: Combo card EAD/AP in hand.

Apr-30-2018: 765/131 Renewal packet sent.

Jun-01-2018: EAD/AP combo card (c09) mailed.

Jun-04-2018: Card in hand.

Jul-20-2018: i-360 Card Production

Jul-27-2018: EAD Card (c31) in hand

Aug-01-2018: i-360 Approved! No single RFE.

About my vawa package,  over 120 pages, including:

- Marriage certificates.

- My 2 pages personal statement.

- 2 other statements from family member, who witnesses the abuse.

- Wedding pictures, family events pictures.

- Joint bank account statements

- Patient note from licensed counselor in domestic violence. I attended 7 sessions over 4 months.

- And other documents for good moral character.

Now I am waiting for AOS interview.

Good luck to everyone still have pending application and congratulation to recent approvals! Thank you!

Congrats 

Hello everyone!
I entered the USA legally, with a B1 / B2 visa and I have the entry stamp in my passport, but I do not have my Form I-94 and the one that appears on the CBP Web does not correspond to my last entry to the United States. I want to send my I-485 based on my I-360 pending approval, but the processing time for Form I-102 (Processing Time for Application for Replacement / Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document (I-102) at Vermont Service Center ) delay 4.5 months.

On the other hand, now USCIS has a new rule that says that the cases that are received by USCIS after September 11 in case of a possible error, inconsistency or lack of information in the forms, USCIS may deny the case without being forced to request the corresponding RFE.
I understand that people who entered the USA illegally and are approved by Form I-360 can obtain I-485.
My former lawyer sent the Form I-360 without sending the I-94, just attach a copy of my visa and the entry stamp.
In the instructions of Form I-485 it says:

“If you cannot produce this primary evidence, and DHS has no record of the admission or parole, USCIS will presume that you came into the United States without admission or parole.

You may, however, provide secondary evidence (records maintained in the ordinary course of business by any individual or organization other than DHS) to support your claim that you were admitted or paroled.

If no secondary evidence is available, you may submit separate written statements, signed under penalty of perjury under United States law, from yourself and from any other individuals who have personal knowledge of the circumstances of your claimed admission or parole. Any statement should explain in detail when and where you came into the United States; what travel documents you had, if any; whether you showed them to the immigration inspector; any questions the immigration inspector asked; and any other details about your claimed admission or parole.”

Question:
1. Can I send my I-485 without sending I-94, just attaching a copy of the visa and the entry stamp without fear of being denied?

Thank you all for your opinions!

Edited by Florecita_Bella

Hello all,

I am going through therapy sessions to overcome my PTSD.

Do we just need a letter that we attended 7 sessions or do we need a detailed description of each session/time/date/ other keen details for every session?

I am going through therapy. I have medical insurance.

My hospital just give me appointment confirmation of each session, they will not provide any detailed description. I have prescriptions to show the medicines I am using.

Please suggest.

@sandraj

Filed: Other Timeline

I have received a rfe to show the evidence of phycological abuse. I did not send in the phycological evaluation report initially. I have one now. In rfe they state that I need to send a letter from doctor with details. So is my evaluation good enough or do I have to send the details from each session. 

My phycologist was not aware how to make the evaluation so he reffered me  to other phycologist and attended 4 session with him.  But my primary phycologist I attended 14 session in last 1 year. 

So my question is do I send evaluation and the individual session report or the evaluation is enough. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Hanna Bui said:

Updated processing timeline from USCIS:
Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), 16 Months to 21 Months

the date went back, right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.