2,949 posts in this topic

Only the DHS website was updated. I received the notices now! Amen!!!! What a relief! Thank you, Lord!!!!

53B9D53F-90CC-4C15-862E-59B0CD2BF1BF.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, FocusedFemale said:

Only the DHS website was updated. I received the notices now! Amen!!!! What a relief! Thank you, Lord!!!!

53B9D53F-90CC-4C15-862E-59B0CD2BF1BF.jpeg

Congrats!!!!

5 hours ago, staypositive said:

Congratulations, that’s amazing. Thanks for sharing your blessing. 

Thank you 🙏🏿 

PS: I also had gotten public benefits, including cash. The P.O., said “You mentioned you had received public benefits.” I said “Yes.” She wrote something and just moved on to the next question. She spent no time on it. 

I don’t know if it had helped, that while filling out my fee waiver forms for EAD, I mentioned how sorry I was for having to take it. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, CantWaitNoMore said:

I have a pending adjustment and my vawa was approved a year ago. I have a criminal processing case for hit and run where I was teaching someone to drive and she get in an accident and run away. I reported to the police and they charge us both for felony hit and run. My question is should I redraw my I 485 and wait for the criminal case to process before I refile or just wait for interview. I did some research in the uscis website and it doesn’t state that as a bar for adjustment. What should I do?

Without seeing your criminal charges I can't give my opiniao,please mention here exactly the charges code and your sentence. Despite being a felony it might not be considered a crime of moral turpitude.You will need a waiver to overcome the crime that you commited.

Timeline
On 9/10/2018 at 2:49 PM, Roms2017 said:

If u don't have I-94, maybe i am not sure the applicant need to file for a waver to remove the illegal entry base on vawa approval letter.

If the person entered without inspection the person  just need to inform  USCIS about it Vawa petitioners don't need a waiver for illegal entry.

Timeline
On 9/8/2018 at 12:45 PM, greenteacookie said:

I need advice applying for citizenship, my greencard was based off VAWA. My greencard validity starts Jan 21, 2016 , according to the rules applied for VAWA, I can apply within 3 years of residency... When should I start the application? What other documents would I need to submit along with N-400 form? The instructions for N-400 does not include the self petitioner like me, I want to make sure I am doing it right...

Note: I am also getting married this october.. my legal name will be changed. Should I apply my citizenship based on my marriage or should I apply based on VAWA?

If your former husband is a U.S Citizen you need to be a resident permanent for at least  3 years in order tO apply for Citizenship ,  if he is a green card holder then you use the 5 years rule.

Timeline
On 9/5/2018 at 2:15 PM, JonShai said:

I am new on this forum and looking for advice:

PD: Dec 17,2017

NOA: I-485, I-765, I-360 1/8/18

RFE: Good moral character 2/2/18

Bio: 2/6/18

Response to RFE: 3/5/18

Prima Facie received: 3/25/18

No EAD!!!!! Please advice what I can do to request one. I did a request by phone and was sent a letter from uscis that because of the nature of the case they are unable to respond to online or phone inquiries. 

My lawyer and I sent them a letter in May and one in August and nothing yet.

I also went to an infopass in August and nothing!!!!

Your lawyer can call Vawa unit in Vermont and inquire about your l485, you can contact your congressperson as well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
55 minutes ago, sandranj said:

If the person entered without inspection the person  just need to inform  USCIS about it Vawa petitioners don't need a waiver for illegal entry.

Thank you for the correction.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Damara said:

Sorry for any confusion

9C EWI VAWA is not a category or process but just several abbreviations strung together instead of typing each out. 

In the above situation the immigrant (his sister) has an approved 360 (VAWA). Its time for her 485 interview and she has a 9C bar which usually makes a person inadmissible so no 485 approval. BUT VAWA self-petitioners can apply for a waiver if they can demonstrate a connection between the abuse suffered and the activity that triggered the bar like EWI - entering w/o inspection. So they need an attny that is familiar with this- 9C+EWI+VAWA

If she entered without inspection once and left and re-entered again then she has the PERMAMENT BAR, to overcome the bar she must stay outside of the US for 10 years before applying  the waiver, if she entered just once without inspection she won’t have a problem regarding admissibiiity.

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, sandranj said:

If she entered without inspection once and left and re-entered again then she has the PERMAMENT BAR, to overcome the bar she must stay outside of the US for 10 years before applying  the waiver, if she entered just once without inspection she won’t have a problem regarding admissibiiity.

Hello Sandra,how are you?hope you are doing great!Please I need your help!My Vawa was approved on July 31st 2018 so I applied for work permit on August 28th 2018 till now I haven’t heard from them!So I was supposed to adjust status and I was told my priority date is not current which August 2016 so I wish to know if they use August 2016 as my priority will they schedule my interview soon?,do you know when it will be current?thanks a lot for reading!God bless you!

19 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

Hello Sandra,how are you?hope you are doing great!Please I need your help!My Vawa was approved on July 31st 2018 so I applied for work permit on August 28th 2018 till now I haven’t heard from them!So I was supposed to adjust status and I was told my priority date is not current which August 2016 so I wish to know if they use August 2016 as my priority will they schedule my interview soon?,do you know when it will be current?thanks a lot for reading!God bless you!

Did you apply for EAD under category c31 (based on approved VAWA)? 

If yes, it has only been two weeks since you applied. You need to be a little bit more patient than that unfortunately. They probably haven’t even started writing your receipt notice yet. 

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Did you apply for EAD under category c31 (based on approved VAWA)? 

If yes, it has only been two weeks since you applied. You need to be a little bit more patient than that unfortunately. They probably haven’t even started writing your receipt notice yet. 

Yes I did under c-31 thanks a lot for your response!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.