2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
19 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Could you please explain to me what is 9c EWI VAWA?
Thank you and please forgive the ignorance.

Sorry for any confusion

9C EWI VAWA is not a category or process but just several abbreviations strung together instead of typing each out. 

In the above situation the immigrant (his sister) has an approved 360 (VAWA). Its time for her 485 interview and she has a 9C bar which usually makes a person inadmissible so no 485 approval. BUT VAWA self-petitioners can apply for a waiver if they can demonstrate a connection between the abuse suffered and the activity that triggered the bar like EWI - entering w/o inspection. So they need an attny that is familiar with this- 9C+EWI+VAWA

2 hours ago, Damara said:

Sorry for any confusion

9C EWI VAWA is not a category or process but just several abbreviations strung together instead of typing each out. 

In the above situation the immigrant (his sister) has an approved 360 (VAWA). Its time for her 485 interview and she has a 9C bar which usually makes a person inadmissible so no 485 approval. BUT VAWA self-petitioners can apply for a waiver if they can demonstrate a connection between the abuse suffered and the activity that triggered the bar like EWI - entering w/o inspection. So they need an attny that is familiar with this- 9C+EWI+VAWA

Okay. Thank you very much..

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, betelgeuse said:

who are moderators on this forum? ty

http://www.visajourney.com/search/?&type=core_members&joinedDate=any&group[4]=1&group[21]=1&group[10]=1&group[14]=1&group[19]=1&group[20]=1

You can hit the report button on any post (top corner) and a box comes up where you can enter why you are submitting a report. Any mod can respond to your report. If you want the main person on VJ for something serious/illegal/technical problem use the contact us button on the bottom of the page to mail directly to Capt Ewok. Or you can directly message any of the mods on the link above. 

Edit to add- If you have an issue with content reach out to the the people linked above. If its just to move something or edit something you can contact any of these mods under the title 'organization'. They move stuff around to keep it neat.

http://www.visajourney.com/search/?&type=core_members&joinedDate=any&group[4]=1&group[9]=1

Edited by Damara
add info

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 7/27/2018 at 8:12 AM, sandranj said:
On 7/27/2018 at 6:00 AM, Totoro_J said:

USCIS still can deny your 485, even you have a pending VAWA with PF. The decision is depending on your Interview Officer to deny your case on spot or hold it until your VAWA is adjudicated.

There is no filling fee for VAWA. You can file a new 485/765/131 (Fees may applied)  with VAWA if abuser is US Citizen.There is no Law stating that USCIS can't deny the AOS until final adjudication of the VAWA petition. There is a memorandum instructing the Immigration officers to wait for the final adjudication, but their decision is discretionary,they can put the AOS on hold or not.

I have a pending adjustment and my vawa was approved a year ago. I have a criminal processing case for hit and run where I was teaching someone to drive and she get in an accident and run away. I reported to the police and they charge us both for felony hit and run. My question is should I redraw my I 485 and wait for the criminal case to process before I refile or just wait for interview. I did some research in the uscis website and it doesn’t state that as a bar for adjustment. What should I do?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
1 hour ago, FocusedFemale said:

Hi Guys, I got approved for my green card on the spot today. Below is my timeline :

25 July 2016: Submitted EAD renewal application 

2   Aug 2106: Filed for divorce 

16 Aug 2016: Abusive spouse withdrew petition, email notifications. 

23 Aug 2016: Decision  Notice in mail, with option to appeal or leave country.

14 Sep 2106: Mailed I360, I485, I765

19 Sep 2016: Receipt notice- I360 fee waived 

23 Sep 2016: Receipt in mail, along with     original documents for I485, I765 (insufficient fees). I thought the single I912 was good for all the applications.

27 Sep 2016: Prima Facie letter 

15 Oct 2016: EAD expired, last day at work.

20 Oct 2016: Decision notice - declined EAD (filed before divorce).

19 Jan 2017: resubmitted I485, I765, I131, with new medical results and respective fee waiver forms.

23 Jan 2017: Fees waived on all applications (saw this after I received physical notice with receipt numbers)

02 Feb 2017: Receipt notices in mail. 

01 March 2017: We ordered your new card

03 March 2017: Notice received in mail

06 March 2017: We mailed your new card.

08 March 2017: Card received.

25 March 2017: Notice of Action - Biometrics 

01 April 2017: Biometrics appointment letter received in mail. 

Since then, I have sent applications for Prima Facie extension. 

Nov 2017 : RFE, Good moral character, background check from country. I wasn’t in the US 3yrs when I filed VAWA.

Jan 10, 2018: Sent RFE response, along with Prima Facie Extension application. (I didn’t think to apply for EAD renewal at the time...not good...I didn’t understand it wasn’t based on a valid Prima Facie, but a pending I-485)

Jan 11, 2018: Notice Of RFE receipt

Feb 20, 2018: Realized my mistake with my EAD, quickly sent in application, with letter asking it be expedited. 

Feb 20, 2018: Contacted Senator’s Office for assistance. 

Feb 28, 2018: Update On I-360 case....”Initial Review”. It said they received correspondence. I suppose they were contacted by the Senator’s office....because I already received notice when I responded to RFE for background check. Plus, the I-360 wouldn’t update because of the receiving my EAD renewal application, right? 

Feb 28, 2018: All my documents expired. I am now out of a job...no one to blame but myself. I just pray I get my new EAD soon. 

Mar 10, 2018: Notice: Fees waived for I-765

Mar 12, 2018: I-360 Petition Approval Notice!!! 

August 14-25 Interview letter sent out and received.

September 11 - Interview date. 

🙏🏿UPDATE🙏🏿

September 11 -Green card approved!!

✳️I arrived too early (Detroit office), and I got called in almost exactly at 8:00am. My P.O. was really nice and cheerful. She took my picture, finger prints and took my passport, along with my interview letter. She asked me about my address, name, d.o.b. and when I arrived (I confirmed).

She did not mention the new I-693, so I mentioned it, and she said yes, she need it. 

She commended me on doing a really good job of doing my filings on my own. I said I was going to become an attorney now, then and we both laughed. 

She asked me the yes or no questions, and noted my speeding ticket. 

She asked about my current job, but didn’t take the proof like the interview letter asked. We talked about working in retail and the mood was very relaxed. 

She did not ask me at all about the abuse or asked me why I overstayed my visitor visa. 

She then told me that everything looks great and if her security checks come back clear at the end of the day, then I should expect my green card in two weeks. 

I asked her if she could stamp my passport with the travel authorization, and she said that was for people who wanted to travel immediately. She then said “Let me just run it now, it only takes 2 seconds”.

We chatted about my job and Macy’s discounts until it was done, and she said “all the checks came back okay, so you can expect your green card in the mail in about two weeks!”. 

I cried a little. The journey was long and stressful. The end of this week, would make it two full years since I started my VAWA journey. Praise be to God from whom all blessings flow. 

I hope this helps. Go in with a smile, be cheerful, relax, but don’t say too much. When asked the yes or no questions, it helps to say “no, sir, or no, ma’am”.  

I have not gotten an update since the interview, but I’m not worried, because I haven’t received any notices since my vawa approval on March. 

Thanks to everyone who prayed for me or wished me well. I am praying for you too. 

Congratulation Dear

2 hours ago, FocusedFemale said:

Hi Guys, I got approved for my green card on the spot today. Below is my timeline :

23 Sep 2016: Receipt in mail, along with     original documents for I485, I765 (insufficient fees). I thought the single I912 was good for all the applications.

19 Jan 2017: resubmitted I485, I765, I131, with new medical results and respective fee waiver forms.

23 Jan 2017: Fees waived on all applications (saw this after I received physical notice with receipt numbers)

Nov 2017 : RFE, Good moral character, background check from country. I wasn’t in the US 3yrs when I filed VAWA.

Jan 10, 2018: Sent RFE response, along with Prima Facie Extension application. (I didn’t think to apply for EAD renewal at the time...not good...I didn’t understand it wasn’t based on a valid Prima Facie, but a pending I-485)

Feb 20, 2018: Realized my mistake with my EAD, quickly sent in application, with letter asking it be expedited. 

Feb 28, 2018: Update On I-360 case....”Initial Review”. It said they received correspondence. I suppose they were contacted by the Senator’s office....because I already received notice when I responded to RFE for background check. Plus, the I-360 wouldn’t update because of the receiving my EAD renewal application, right? 

Feb 28, 2018: All my documents expired. I am now out of a job...no one to blame but myself. I just pray I get my new EAD soon. 

🙏🏿UPDATE🙏🏿

✳️I arrived too early (Detroit office), and I got called in almost exactly at 8:00am. My P.O. was really nice and cheerful. She took my picture, finger prints and took my passport, along with my interview letter. She asked me about my address, name, d.o.b. and when I arrived (I confirmed).

She did not mention the new I-693, so I mentioned it, and she said yes, she need it. 

She commended me on doing a really good job of doing my filings on my own. I said I was going to become an attorney now, then and we both laughed. 

She asked about my current job, but didn’t take the proof like the interview letter asked. We talked about working in retail and the mood was very relaxed. 

She did not ask me at all about the abuse or asked me why I overstayed my visitor visa. 

She then told me that everything looks great and if her security checks come back clear at the end of the day, then I should expect my green card in two weeks. 

I asked her if she could stamp my passport with the travel authorization, and she said that was for people who wanted to travel immediately. She then said “Let me just run it now, it only takes 2 seconds”.

We chatted about my job and Macy’s discounts until it was done, and she said “all the checks came back okay, so you can expect your green card in the mail in about two weeks!”. 

I cried a little. The journey was long and stressful. The end of this week, would make it two full years since I started my VAWA journey. Praise be to God from whom all blessings flow. 

I hope this helps. Go in with a smile, be cheerful, relax, but don’t say too much. When asked the yes or no questions, it helps to say “no, sir, or no, ma’am”.  

I have not gotten an update since the interview, but I’m not worried, because I haven’t received any notices since my vawa approval on March. 

Thanks to everyone who prayed for me or wished me well. I am praying for you too. 

Congratulations, that’s amazing. Thanks for sharing your blessing. 

26 minutes ago, staypositive said:

Hey guys. Does anyone know which month they are adjudicating right now (I-360)? Thank you!

Seems like they are working on May 2017 (some officers will be faster or slower but that seems to be what people on this forum are reporting). It is taking around 16.5 months right now according to the USCIS processing times website, so that is pretty exact. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, FocusedFemale said:

🙏🏿UPDATE🙏🏿

your post brought tears to my eyes. God is good. Hopefully I hear about my application soon. I am so happy for you!!!

3 hours ago, bebetho said:

your post brought tears to my eyes. God is good. Hopefully I hear about my application soon. I am so happy for you!!!

Thank you so much!!!!! Keep praying and  remain positive. God will see you through, like He did me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.