2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I need advice applying for citizenship, my greencard was based off VAWA. My greencard validity starts Jan 21, 2016 , according to the rules applied for VAWA, I can apply within 3 years of residency... When should I start the application? What other documents would I need to submit along with N-400 form? The instructions for N-400 does not include the self petitioner like me, I want to make sure I am doing it right...

Note: I am also getting married this october.. my legal name will be changed. Should I apply my citizenship based on my marriage or should I apply based on VAWA?

Filed: Timeline
22 hours ago, Military said:

JJ, I wished I had the news you now have. lol. Since my VAWA was approved I haven't heard anything. I got an alert that they touched my case which I assumed was the i485 but when I go online nothing. I requested a status update online, nothing. I did an infopass today to try to get an update had an experience that reminded me that I really hope to conclude this journey soon. The officer was snobby and had this look of disdain. He just took me ID and receipt and went to another room, (didn't check it on the pc at his desk) then came back and said case is still pending any further information we can only give to your attorney because your application is now based on VAWA and your attorney had asked that the i485 be held while the i360 is adjudicated. 

My wava was approved in May. its been over 4 months and so far no approval letter. Went for a infopass, officer said that the letter would be arriving within a month. So far no letter and no news.

10 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Hello everyone!
Can someone please tell me what is the "Travel Document Number"? which is asked on I-360.
"Travel Document Number" is the number of the Tourist Visa?
Thanks for your help!

image.thumb.png.632a2a3fa7e8ace7e93f8a21e18b1813.png

I left it blank and it was accepted. I only provided the I-94 and passport number.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:26 PM, FeDaniela said:

Hey  Guys

My Lawyer sent EAD Renewal to NBC not Vermont, I got the receipt already and also a letter that they will used my Old fingerprint to process.... I am so Upset (-__-)  right now.  She said my i485 still pending and i have not yet have my initial interview to put my i485 on hold. even thought I already have i360 receipt and prima facie letter,

My field office is NYC and is taking 12-16 months just to get an AOS interview, i Filed i485 on 10/5/17 no interview notice yet. I file i360 on 06/4/18 Receipt on 7/5/18 

Does NBC rerouted to Vermont or do I need to file a new EAD renewal to VERMONT please advise me. ??

I’m sure if someone has replied already, but O suggest you renew instead of applying for a NEW EAD cos’ it seems faster especially if they use your old biometric.

@Florecita_Bella and @Kleenex12 there is a separate entry for the passport number they are not the same. If you don't have other travel documents  leave it blank. I did not put anything for travel doc when I applied.

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

On 9/6/2018 at 7:57 AM, Tony1912 said:

Does anyone whose i-360 approved in 2018 have their i-485 already scheduled?

I do. Approved March 1, Interview date 9/11

Hi Guys, 

My interview is this coming Tuesday at 8am. In my letter, I was asked to take along two ADIT style photos (only if not previously submitted). I still went and got them taken.

Did anyone get the same request in their interview letter?

I was also asked to take documentation proving employment, length of tenure and hours worked each week. 

Other documents l requested:

•I-94

•Passport (if your passport is in your maiden name, please take your divorce decree and marriage certificate).

•Medical exam  (if not previously submitted. Still attend interview if you haven’t gotten it done.) 

I did mine early 2017, so I got another done, just in case they say it has expired. 

Also, is there anyone who just had an interview? How did it go? Did you attend with or without a lawyer? Did they ask about the abuse?

I am doing my best to be positive, but I can’t help feeling a bit nervous. Please keep me in your prayers.

55 minutes ago, FocusedFemale said:

Hi Guys, 

My interview is this coming Tuesday at 8am. In my letter, I was asked to take along two ADIT style photos (only if not previously submitted). I still went and got them taken.

I was also asked to take documentation proving employment, length of tenure and hours worked each week. 

•I-94

•Passport (if your passport is in your maiden name, please take your divorce decree and marriage certificate).

•Medical exam  (if not previously submitted. Still attend interview if you haven’t gotten it done.) 

I did mine early 2017, so I got another done, just in case they say it has expired. 

Also, is there anyone who just had an interview? How did it go? Did you attend with or without a lawyer? Did they ask about the abuse?

I am doing my best to be positive, but I can’t help feeling a bit nervous. Please keep me in your prayers.

Good luck 

16 minutes ago, Dharmaraj said:

Good luck 

Thank you. Did you use a lawyer? Did they ask you about the abuse? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, FocusedFemale said:

Hi Guys, 

•I-94

Why are they asking about documents proving employment?

9 hours ago, FocusedFemale said:

Hi Guys, 

•I-94

I understood that Vawa forgave illegal entry, I do not understand why they are asking for I-94.
Could someone with more experience explain why they are asking for I-94?
Thank you.........

9 hours ago, Milestone2017 said:

Goodluck and soon you will have your GC. Btw, when did you receive your notice of interview? Thanks. 

It was printed in 8/14, but I didn’t get it until 10 days later. 

5 hours ago, Vero92nica said:

Where is your local office?

good luck!

Detroit 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.