2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
9 hours ago, Tony1912 said:

Does anyone whose i-360 approved in 2018 have their i-485 already scheduled?

Yes, me. Vawa approved early April and my interview date was July 16. However i moved to another state in june and they made a mistake scheduling me in my previous state lol. So they had to transfer my file to where I'm right now and im waiting on a new interview date

13 hours ago, Miracle28 said:

Yes, me. Vawa approved early April and my interview date was July 16. However i moved to another state in june and they made a mistake scheduling me in my previous state lol. So they had to transfer my file to where I'm right now and im waiting on a new interview date

What office was the one the you were schedule for the interview? I mean the state you moved from. That was a pretty quick adjudication. Was your I-485 filed before and then put on hold? or did you filed concurrently with I-360?

10 hours ago, escape said:

@Ingodshands94 Congratulations 🎊 No RFEs, May 15, that’s awesome! It gives the rest of us lots of hope! 

How many pages did you have on your psychological evaluations? How many sessions did you attend?

thank you! 

One of them was from a therapist at the shelter were I stayed and she just specifies that I had attended 2 therapy sessions nothing else. It was one page. The other one was more complete. It was issued by the head therapist of the DV intervention unit of my state. It was more like an explanation of the "symptoms" I had because of the abuse and an explanation of treatment. This one was about 3 pages. If you are looking into obtaining a psychological evaluation I would suggest you go to a DV organization and explain to them what you need. The counselors and therapists there are used to giving this type of evaluations and know what immigration asks. I went to like 4 different organization in 2 states (Florida and California) and they all provided this help for free. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline
18 hours ago, NiceGuyXLE said:

thanks, i know that after reading almost every part of VAWA in this forum, i need to be patient but damn after submitting  everything, im getting anxious for every piece of mail i get in the box

I will suggest to you to sign up with USPS "Informed Delivery" so every time a letter is scaned to go to your address USPS will send you an email with a scaned copy of the letter so you will know that you will be receiving in few days.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Ingodshands94 said:

What office was the one the you were schedule for the interview? I mean the state you moved from. That was a pretty quick adjudication. Was your I-485 filed before and then put on hold? or did you filed concurrently with I-360?

Filed concurrently and milwaukee/wisconsin

21 hours ago, NiceGuyXLE said:

Its been almost a moth since i sent them the package of docs for vawa, still no answer from them, does anyone know when or how fast they usually send at least some kind of notification that they received something...

Mind took close to 5 weeks b4 they sent me a receipt notice. Just be patient 

19 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

It depends. Sometimes they send it back to you and sometimes they transfer it. It seems like they will transfer your I-765 to Vermont if they already made the comment to use your old fingerprints. It will unfortunately just take longer because of the transfer. Even after your VAWA approval, you always have to file I-765 and I-131 with Vermont. 

Yes NBC accepted the case, send me a receipt and a week later a letter saying they will us my old fingerprints, than an online update said fingerprint verification completed.  I told my lawyer it has to be VSC, but lets hope the transfer move smooth and quick. thanks for the reply.  

On 9/6/2018 at 4:26 PM, FeDaniela said:

Hey  Guys

My Lawyer sent EAD Renewal to NBC not Vermont, I got the receipt already and also a letter that they will used my Old fingerprint to process.... I am so Upset (-__-)  right now.  She said my i485 still pending and i have not yet have my initial interview to put my i485 on hold. even thought I already have i360 receipt and prima facie letter,

My field office is NYC and is taking 12-16 months just to get an AOS interview, i Filed i485 on 10/5/17 no interview notice yet. I file i360 on 06/4/18 Receipt on 7/5/18 

Does NBC rerouted to Vermont or do I need to file a new EAD renewal to VERMONT please advise me. ??

Don't worry the same thing happened to me, my EAD was approved in 2 months. My lawyer first file on 6/13/2018 under c31 category, after reading experiences on the forum i called him and let him know that c31 is approved vawa, he did his findings and told me he was sorry, he then filed again in july to renew my old EAD that was denied due to the denial of my previous 485, he sent it to NBC instead of VC. I had two receipt numbers  one from NBC and One From VC. I did biometrics on 19 july. Both case status updated to finger print review completed.  on August 14 the case stutus from VC changed to your card is being produced. The one from NBC still remains at finger print review completed. I never received any notification that my case was transfered to VC. Yesterday my card was delived to my lawyer. I can't thank God enough, it has been a rough road.

1 minute ago, Allrounder said:

Don't worry the same thing happened to me, my EAD was approved in 2 months. My lawyer first file on 6/13/2018 under c31 category, after reading experiences on the forum i called him and let him know that c31 is approved vawa, he did his findings and told me he was sorry, he then filed again in july to renew my old EAD that was denied due to the denial of my previous 485, he sent it to NBC instead of VC. I had two receipt numbers  one from NBC and One From VC. I did biometrics on 19 july. Both case status updated to finger print review completed.  on August 14 the case stutus from VC changed to your card is being produced. The one from NBC still remains at finger print review completed. I never received any notification that my case was transfered to VC. Yesterday my card was delived to my lawyer. I can't thank God enough, it has been a rough road.

I don't understand you file 2 EAD Application one in NBC and the second one in Vermont?? 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/6/2018 at 2:08 PM, iwillsurvive said:

4 weeks is standard, sometimes it can take a couple weeks longer. This is normal. Took 6 weeks for me. 

Hi, if you had a work permit 

On 9/6/2018 at 2:08 PM, iwillsurvive said:

4 weeks is standard, sometimes it can take a couple weeks longer. This is normal. Took 6 weeks for me. 

Hi,

Suppose you had a work permit before you spouse withdrew his/her petition and the work permit has since expired.

Now,when you file for a work permit  under VAWA do you file as "a renewal" or "new one"?. 

Note: ( a new i-485) and i-765 will be filed concurrently.

On 9/6/2018 at 11:27 AM, JJ_1017 said:

I am still waiting for any type of update, the last one I got was that my I-485 was received at my local office 

JJ, I wished I had the news you now have. lol. Since my VAWA was approved I haven't heard anything. I got an alert that they touched my case which I assumed was the i485 but when I go online nothing. I requested a status update online, nothing. I did an infopass today to try to get an update had an experience that reminded me that I really hope to conclude this journey soon. The officer was snobby and had this look of disdain. He just took me ID and receipt and went to another room, (didn't check it on the pc at his desk) then came back and said case is still pending any further information we can only give to your attorney because your application is now based on VAWA and your attorney had asked that the i485 be held while the i360 is adjudicated. 

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Hello everyone!
Can someone please tell me what is the "Travel Document Number"? which is asked on I-360.
"Travel Document Number" is the number of the Tourist Visa?
Thanks for your help!

image.thumb.png.632a2a3fa7e8ace7e93f8a21e18b1813.png

Travel document number is your passport number !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.