2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Hi guys! Its been a long time since I last wrote in this forum. 

Hi Sandra! I am happy to know that you are still here!

Last couple of years had been really rough for me. I was in ER 3 times because of frequent panic attacks. Was subscribed with high blood pressure medications as well as some antidepressants. Words can not describe what I've been through during that time. It was hell, an absolute hell.  

Well, I filed my N-400 (citizenship) based on INA 319(a) recently. I joined August 2018 thread here, on VJ and found that online N-400 filings generally go smooth and easy, unlike I-485's that VAWA applicants file with VSC.  I guess I was wrong. At least in my case not everything has started as easy as it should be. So 10 days after initial filing I still didn't receive any kind of correspondence from USCIS. No NOA, no biometrics appointment, nothing. And I knew that this was wrong because other August N-400 filers were receiving their NOA's and had their biometrics scheduled within 2-3 days. So I called the 800 customer service number and spoke with Level 2 agent. For some reason they were not able to locate my application, like it didn't exist at all. They also told me that all further inquires should be addressed to VAWA Unit at VSC and they were not sure if VAWA applicants are allowed to file N-400 online. I was shocked.  

Hopefully you guys can help me with an advice here. Did I screw up by filing for citizenship online instead of sending the application to VSC? I did some research and couldn't find anything to prove that crazy theory but my recent conversation with USCIS officer over the phone makes me feel that something is wrong here. 

20 minutes ago, Desert Storm said:

Anyone with i360 approved, have received  i485 interview date. Seems like i485 is also heavily backlogged. 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

You can check processing times for your local office here. Every local office has different processing times. Use your VAWA approval date to count from. Seems like most offices take 6-12 months. 

On 8/29/2018 at 9:05 AM, Double said:

Thanks for the detailed reply. I used the benefits link and answered the questionnaire. It includes food stamps and utility assistance. I was approved for utility assistance yesterday through 211. I’ll re-apply for food stamps in case I meet a more knowledgeable interviewer or I may just hop from one food pantry to the next till I get my EAD. It’s been so for me rough financially.

Hey my EAD RFE was for clarification of my name ☺ it was my last name. I just provided a copy of my passport as it said they needed either my passport or my birth certificate. I got the rfe Monday, and I send it that same day. They got it probably on Friday, but they have not change my status online. I would keep y'all update it, whenever I receive my approval for EAD or the card. I'm so excited, but I been so busy with school, I would probably not gonna be able to work full time. I want to at least be able to work as a cna part time since I'm pursuing a health care degree... 😀 Hope you get your EAD soon!

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Valerie899 said:

I think I read somewhere its category IB6 if you applied on the states and IB1 if you applied overseas. 

Please is this your first EAD application ?and when did you apply ?thanks

Have a long weekend to all the guys.

I have a question, pls clarified for me, thanks in advance.

On my approval notice I360 it shows my priority day by the day i filled I485 that was denied (May, 2016). My abuser is USC.

I think they would notify on the Notice by the date of my I360 filled (December, 2016).

How will this priority date affect on my pending I485 and the schedule for getting GC interview?

Edited by Hanna Bui

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Hanna Bui said:

Have a long weekend to all the guys.

I have a question, pls clarified for me, thanks in advance.

On my approval notice I360 it shows my priority day by the day i filled I485 that was denied (May, 2016). My abuser is USC.

I think they would notify on the Notice by the date of my I360 filled (December, 2016).

How will this priority date affect on my pending I485 and the schedule for getting GC interview?

You do not have a priority date since your spouse was a USC. (if your spouse was an lpr also youd have a priority date).

Not having a priority date means a # slot  is available for you immediately when your case is ready- you dont have to wait for a date to become current for the 485 to start processing.

38 minutes ago, Valerie899 said:

Really? I thought it was ib6 🤔 so I must have had that backwards. 

https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-statistics/lawful-permanent-residents/ImmigrantCOA

This is the official list. My I-360 says IB1 even though from the list it would seem that if you are adjusting status, it would be IB6. I just assume all I-360’s will be IB1. 

Filed: Timeline
On 8/31/2018 at 7:02 PM, Dodgertown said:

Hi guys! Its been a long time since I last wrote in this forum. 

Hi Sandra! I am happy to know that you are still here!

Last couple of years had been really rough for me. I was in ER 3 times because of frequent panic attacks. Was subscribed with high blood pressure medications as well as some antidepressants. Words can not describe what I've been through during that time. It was hell, an absolute hell.  

Well, I filed my N-400 (citizenship) based on INA 319(a) recently. I joined August 2018 thread here, on VJ and found that online N-400 filings generally go smooth and easy, unlike I-485's that VAWA applicants file with VSC.  I guess I was wrong. At least in my case not everything has started as easy as it should be. So 10 days after initial filing I still didn't receive any kind of correspondence from USCIS. No NOA, no biometrics appointment, nothing. And I knew that this was wrong because other August N-400 filers were receiving their NOA's and had their biometrics scheduled within 2-3 days. So I called the 800 customer service number and spoke with Level 2 agent. For some reason they were not able to locate my application, like it didn't exist at all. They also told me that all further inquires should be addressed to VAWA Unit at VSC and they were not sure if VAWA applicants are allowed to file N-400 online. I was shocked.  

Hopefully you guys can help me with an advice here. Did I screw up by filing for citizenship online instead of sending the application to VSC? I did some research and couldn't find anything to prove that crazy theory but my recent conversation with USCIS officer over the phone makes me feel that something is wrong here. 

It seems anyone can file online unless you are doing a fee waiver and something else, I forget- but checking box E and saying other with the ina code you referred to above should be allowed to file online. I know of some people on here who did the n400 based on the vawa but they all filed in mail cause online wasnt out yet. Dont know anyone doing this currently on VJ..

I did see a lot of mention online about recommending to send a statement with your n400 saying how you were eligible and to include specific memos (if you want the memo links) So it seems USCIS is having some difficulty knowing how to accept these still. If you mail- you would mail based on where you live- theres no special instruction to send to Vermont. You may just have to wait and see if you get the packet back (so I guess an electronic rejection?) or if it takes a bit but gets accepted. 

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

Yes! It's under c9 category. Its my first EAD application, they received it on July 9. I had biometrics on august 8 and recently on the 24 I received an RFE regarding my last name. ☺ 

Thanks dear 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Damara said:

You do not have a priority date since your spouse was a USC. (if your spouse was an lpr also youd have a priority date).

Not having a priority date means a # slot  is available for you immediately when your case is ready- you dont have to wait for a date to become current for the 485 to start processing.

So does that mean once you've an approved 360, you can be scheduled for 485 interview anytime? Please correct me if misunderstanding the whole process.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.