2,949 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, MsBoo said:

My VAWA was approved, thank God.  My I485 has been transferred to the National Benefits Center, Lee's Summit, MO:

1 I can't find their processing times -- I can find every other center but them.  Does anyone know their processing times?

2 Will I be expected to go for an interview there?  It is totally in a different State and very far from me.

This is normal procedure. Your I-485 gets transferred to the National Benefits Center after I-360 approval. They check if things are missing for your I-485 and either send you an RFE or transfer your I-485 to your local office. You can see processing times for your local office on the USCIS website. Your interview will be held there. 

Hello everyone,I have one question ,help me please ,I was been America on apr-2016,but I didn’t Submit background check report to USCIS, when I filed I-360 on jan-2018, I was just in america 1year 8 month, 

1:so if everyone need submit background to USCIS if filed I-360? 

2: or only less 3 year in America when submit I-360 must be submit background check report?

3:where can be get this  background check report ? from my country or America ?

if from America ,what’s department can be give me this background check report ? 

Thank you so much .i am really don’t know where get this report 

apr-2016 come america 

sep-2016, Married 

Jan-2018 sent I-360 

mar-2018 sent I-485, I-765

42 minutes ago, Claudia16049 said:

Hello everyone,I have one question ,help me please ,I was been America on apr-2016,but I didn’t Submit background check report to USCIS, when I filed I-360 on jan-2018, I was just in america 1year 8 month, 

1:so if everyone need submit background to USCIS if filed I-360? 

2: or only less 3 year in America when submit I-360 must be submit background check report?

3:where can be get this  background check report ? from my country or America ?

if from America ,what’s department can be give me this background check report ? 

Thank you so much .i am really don’t know where get this report 

apr-2016 come america 

sep-2016, Married 

Jan-2018 sent I-360 

mar-2018 sent I-485, I-765

You need to submit police clearance from every place you lived at for 6+ months in the 3 years prior to filing I-360. 

If you filed VAWA in January 2018, you need to submit clearance from every place starting January 2015. 

Google Live Scan locations + state you live in to see where you can go to get your fingerprints taken electronically. Some police stations do it and then there are many other places that are certified live scan locations. They will then submit your electronic fingerprints to the state department and within a few weeks you will receive a letter that either states that you have not committed any crimes or a list of your crimes. 

Every country calls this police clearance process something else. I just googled it. I had to submit it for the US and 3 other countries. All of the processes were different but there will be a website if you google police clearance + your country that will explain what to do. 

Hi Guys This is my updated timeline so far. I Hope all of you guys are doing great!

Congratulations to all recent Approval!

Filed Vawa: July 1 2017 (Physical, Mental and Sexual Abuse)
Received: July 3, 2017
Returned: July 27, 2017 (Incomplete I360 Application form)
Filed again: July 28, 2017
Received: August 1, 2017
Notice Date: August 4, 2017
Received mail: August 12, 2017
My Name was Updated: August 16, 2017
Previous I-485 Transferred from another office of  Processing: September 1, 2017
EAD and AP Renewal Exp Feb 2018: November 3, 2017 
Additional Evidence of Abuse sent: November 3, 2017 
EAD and AP Renewal Received:November 6, 2017 
EAD and AP approved:November 24, 2017 (So Fast but Thank you!) 
EAD And AP Card Mailed: November 28, 2017 (letter received they used my first biometrics) 
EAD And AP Card Received in mail : December 2, 2017 (The start date is the approval date not the expiration date of the first card which is feb 2018) 

Travel to 3 different Countries: May 1-30 2018 using Advance Parole.  LAX port of entry.

EAD And AP Renewal: August 4, 2018

EAD and AP Card Production: August 30, 2018
  NO RFE SO FAR, NO PRIMA FACIE

Almost there guys just pray and have faith. If you have question just pm me. 

Edited by CASTIEL
incomplete information

3 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

You need to submit police clearance from every place you lived at for 6+ months in the 3 years prior to filing I-360. 

If you filed VAWA in January 2018, you need to submit clearance from every place starting January 2015. 

Google Live Scan locations + state you live in to see where you can go to get your fingerprints taken electronically. Some police stations do it and then there are many other places that are certified live scan locations. They will then submit your electronic fingerprints to the state department and within a few weeks you will receive a letter that either states that you have not committed any crimes or a list of your crimes. 

Every country calls this police clearance process something else. I just googled it. I had to submit it for the US and 3 other countries. All of the processes were different but there will be a website if you google police clearance + your country that will explain what to do. 

Thank you so much. I google found “identogo” can get Thisfingerprint. 

So your mean I must be from my country get Jan-2015 to Apr-2016 ( I been america date) police clearance report ,right ?

amd then from America get apr-2016 to Jan-2018 police clearance report ? (Jan-2018 field I-360)

How about oct-2015(I was traveling to new York Boston ,New Jersey about one month )if I need provide this traveling time police clearance report ?

Right now ,Uscis never asking me provide this report , I should be ready for future maybe they request it .

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, MsBoo said:

My VAWA was approved, thank God.  My I485 has been transferred to the National Benefits Center, Lee's Summit, MO:

1 I can't find their processing times -- I can find every other center but them.  Does anyone know their processing times?

2 Will I be expected to go for an interview there?  It is totally in a different State and very far from me.

Congratulations!!!! 🎉🎉🎉

When did you file?

I and my wife lived together and married for more than a year. We  applied for the AOS and now it’s scheduled for our first interview ( which is after after two weeks from now )and got notification that my ead is being produced. I am preparing  vawa case (by my self) because of some abuse. I am going to counselor and therapist for two months. And I also managed some evidence. I am not divorced and  My wife have not withdrawn the I-130.  ( but, I am not staying with her for the abuse ) I  have couple of questions:

1. What should I tell the immigration officer as my wife will not go with me and I am preparing the vawa case? 

2. Do I need to include any testimony of marriage from someone who was witness of the marriage? Because that person doesn’t know about the abuse. He can only type a letter for me that we were happy couple. 

3. I have typed 12 pages of self-statement. I need someone to read that if I am on the right track. 

19 hours ago, aquila said:

Sounds good, more hope for some of us still waiting. Please I'd suggest you go in with a new medical if you can. They might ask for new one since the old one from September 2016 will be out of date.

Thanks and congrats.

Thanks. I’m getting one done tmrw. 

16 hours ago, Shallovercome32 said:

Hi.. Congrats. May ask where is your field office your going to do the interview? I am also waiting for interview notice. 

Detroit 

2 hours ago, TexasVAWA said:

I and my wife lived together and married for more than a year. We  applied for the AOS and now it’s scheduled for our first interview ( which is after after two weeks from now )and got notification that my ead is being produced. I am preparing  vawa case (by my self) because of some abuse. I am going to counselor and therapist for two months. And I also managed some evidence. I am not divorced and  My wife have not withdrawn the I-130.  ( but, I am not staying with her for the abuse ) I  have couple of questions:

1. What should I tell the immigration officer as my wife will not go with me and I am preparing the vawa case? 

2. Do I need to include any testimony of marriage from someone who was witness of the marriage? Because that person doesn’t know about the abuse. He can only type a letter for me that we were happy couple. 

3. I have typed 12 pages of self-statement. I need someone to read that if I am on the right track. 

Based on my experience here are my inputs:

1.) I went by myself and told the IO about the abuse and that I was gathering evidences to file for VAWA. I requested the 485 to be held in abeyance. I was granted and given 84days to send proof of vawa receipt notice. 

2.) Yes. His testimony can help prove that you have a bonafide marriage which is one of the vital requirements of vawa petition.

3.) You can seek the help of vawa advocates in your area , or domestic violence shelters, counselors or pro bono lawyers. I searched online too.

10 hours ago, Claudia16049 said:

Thank you so much. I google found “identogo” can get Thisfingerprint. 

So your mean I must be from my country get Jan-2015 to Apr-2016 ( I been america date) police clearance report ,right ?

amd then from America get apr-2016 to Jan-2018 police clearance report ? (Jan-2018 field I-360)

How about oct-2015(I was traveling to new York Boston ,New Jersey about one month )if I need provide this traveling time police clearance report ?

Right now ,Uscis never asking me provide this report , I should be ready for future maybe they request it .

As I said before, you need to submit clearance of places where you LIVED at for SIX MONTHS or more starting 3 years prior to your I-360 filing date. 

If you submitted I-360 without police clearance, you will receive an RFE for it. Since you filed in January 2018, you will probably not hear anything until May 2019. It is best to request the police clearances now, so that you can respond to the RFE as fast as possible if you get one. 

From what you describe it sounds like you beed police clearance from your home country. If you only lived in one state since you moved to the US, then you only need clearance from that state. If you lived in multiple states for 6 months or more, then you need to request clearance from each of those states. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.