2,949 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Ingodshands94 said:

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy this accomplishment. You deserve it. Tuesday i received and email that my card was under production for I-360 which probably means my case is approved. I'm still jumping like crazy today!! 

Thank you and I'm so happy for you as well! This is the only venue we have where we can freely express our joys and sentiments even we are strangers to each other. . I've been living in hibernation. Nobody knows in my real world and my new friends what I've gone through. I prefer it that way. Because I believe I am reborn. It's peaceful. 

Congratulations to all approvals. I have a quick question, I left my spouse when I was 3 to 4 months pregnant but when I had the baby I decided not to add his name on birth certificate  because I didnt need anything that would remind me of him. Now I am trying to respond to RFE how can I convince uscis I had a child for him? Any response will be greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

You said you submitted I485 for your daughter,, your daughter CANT adjust statues  because she lives abroad and she will come to the U.S as a DERIVATIVE. You can submit form l284 now but as I said before USCIS will adjudicate her case just after your AOS approval. You   will have ahead at least two more years to have your daughter in the  U.S, because AOS adjudication is taking one year and  in some local offices even 16 months plus one year more for the l824.

Thanks a lot again Sandranj.

I mean that i only had submitted I485 for my son that is living with me in US and for me along vawa, not yet for my daughter in abroad. I will only fill I-824 for her as you mentioned abow after i have got approval notice in hand.

Yes, i have 2 years to wait for seeing my daughter. 

I see in the USCIS processing timeline for 824 in only 2-5 months for my local. 

Have a good day to you and all the guys. 

Edited by Hanna Bui

5 hours ago, sandranj said:

If you didn’t submit the AOS yet then file form l824 for your daughter along with your AOS.

If you submitted your AOS you still can file l824 for your daughter but in both cases USCIS will take action in her case just AFTER  your green card is approved.

I only submited her birth certification and all my VAWA documents with my REF respond based on the notification in Vermont REF request. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ilo said:

Congratulations to all approvals. I have a quick question, I left my spouse when I was 3 to 4 months pregnant but when I had the baby I decided not to add his name on birth certificate  because I didnt need anything that would remind me of him. Now I am trying to respond to RFE how can I convince uscis I had a child for him? Any response will be greatly appreciated. 

If his name is not in the child's birth certificate you won't convince USCIS the child is his child, no mater how hard you will try,USCIS adjudicates the petitions based on proof , an assertion itself isn't really a proof of anything. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
4 hours ago, Milestone2017 said:

I am 2017 filer. Praying for everyone who are still waiting. So happy! Yours will come out soon! 

20180830_085841.jpg

Congrats are you still gonna send your child back home? Please do not, you are almost there, I miss my daughter

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
31 minutes ago, sandranj said:

If his name is not in the child's birth certificate you won't convince USCIS the child is his child, no mater how hard you will try,USCIS adjudicates the petitions based on proof , an assertion itself isn't really a proof of anything. 

I stand by what I posted but if you want to try to convince them, despite a child is not a proof of bonafide marriage, gather affidavits from your mother/sibling and some  friends stating they knew about the pregnancy and they have knowledge that the child is your husband's child but  because all abuse you endured  you decided not to add his name in the child's birth certificate. You should describe your Courtship in details, mention about the proposal, wedding and your daily interaction with your husband etc. I am an attorney, If you don't have an attorney and if you want me to help you, I can't promise they will approve your case, just send me a pm ok. I will help you without charging you any attorney fee.

Edited by sandranj

16 minutes ago, sandranj said:

I stand by what I posted but if you want to try to convince them, despite a child is not a proof of bonafide marriage, gather affidavits from your mother/sibling and some  friends stating they knew about the pregnancy and they have knowledge that the child is your husband's child but  because all abuse you endured  you decided not to add his name in the child's birth certificate. You should describe your Courtship in details, mention about the proposal, wedding and your daily interaction with your husband etc. I am an attorney, If you don't have an attorney and if you want me to help you, I can't promise they will approve your case, just send me a pm ok. I will help you without charging you any attorney fee.

Thank you so much!!!!! I appreciate your advice 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, Milestone2017 said:

I am 2017 filer. Praying for everyone who are still waiting. So happy! Yours will come out soon! 

20180830_085841.jpg

Congrats!!! God is good🙏🏻 

What month did you file?

On 8/1/2018 at 1:17 PM, Anna2018 said:

What can i do if i do not have an original marriage certificate for a vawa petition? I have a photocopie of the original...but my husband has the original. He will not under any circumstances give it to me either. We were marriage in Europe....would be extremely hard to get another one, if i could even get one at all.

Please advice. Thank you

Anna2018 Your case is very similar to mine. You can get copies of Marriage and birth certs from the Europe quite easily.  Go online and order them.  Do it now as they will take a while to arrive.  Also I suggest you get a police certificate from the UK (if that is where you lived last) from https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx.

I also had friends send copies of my wedding invite and wedding photos by mail.  They can attest to the marriage also.  If you rented in the UK get a copy of the lease with both your names on it sent to you.  If you owned, the lawyer who did your paperwork will have some copy of the paperwork or your mortgage company.  Joint bank accounts statements are useful from the UK. 

For your statement don't forget to talk about how you are of good moral character and give examples (evidence is good too).  I was truthful and didn't gild the lily..  I had no reason to.  I was helped by a number of people at a domestic abuse shelter.  You don't need to stay there to get their seervices.  They will refer you to all sorts of people.  I didn't have time to get a lawyer because the clock was ticking for me.  You must find a lawyer.  Try places like Catholic Charities or Lutheran Services too.  

I am sorry you had the experience that you did.  The coming weeks and months won't be easy either.  Doing the affidavit was painful.  By all accounts my husband was a sadist.  I did have some limited evidence of the abuse, not much.  I never thought anyone would ever believe me.  My VAWA petition was approved last month without any RFEs and I cried for a whole day.

Just tell the truth and be honorable.  Get help fast so you don't do this on your own.

Good luck!

PM me if you need help with UK or even European stuff.

My VAWA was approved, thank God.  My I485 has been transferred to the National Benefits Center, Lee's Summit, MO:

1 I can't find their processing times -- I can find every other center but them.  Does anyone know their processing times?

2 Will I be expected to go for an interview there?  It is totally in a different State and very far from me.

Edited by MsBoo
ommision

20 minutes ago, MsBoo said:

Anna2018 Your case is very similar to mine. You can get copies of Marriage and birth certs from the Europe quite easily.  Go online and order them.  Do it now as they will take a while to arrive.  Also I suggest you get a police certificate from the UK (if that is where you lived last) from https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx.

I also had friends send copies of my wedding invite and wedding photos by mail.  They can attest to the marriage also.  If you rented in the UK get a copy of the lease with both your names on it sent to you.  If you owned, the lawyer who did your paperwork will have some copy of the paperwork or your mortgage company.  Joint bank accounts statements are useful from the UK. 

For your statement don't forget to talk about how you are of good moral character and give examples (evidence is good too).  I was truthful and didn't gild the lily..  I had no reason to.  I was helped by a number of people at a domestic abuse shelter.  You don't need to stay there to get their seervices.  They will refer you to all sorts of people.  I didn't have time to get a lawyer because the clock was ticking for me.  You must find a lawyer.  Try places like Catholic Charities or Lutheran Services too.  

I am sorry you had the experience that you did.  The coming weeks and months won't be easy either.  Doing the affidavit was painful.  By all accounts my husband was a sadist.  I did have some limited evidence of the abuse, not much.  I never thought anyone would ever believe me.  My VAWA petition was approved last month without any RFEs and I cried for a whole day.

Just tell the truth and be honorable.  Get help fast so you don't do this on your own.

Good luck!

PM me if you need help with UK or even European stuff.

Thank you for your advise..i really appreciate it! I am kinda pressed for time here too!! got so much to get together...and i am not in a very good state of mind right now either so it makes things even harder to accomplish. Congratulations on your VAWA!!! I hope mine will be as successful. Did you get therapy and the psychological evaluation?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.