2,949 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Milestone2017 said:

I was just about to write my timeline yesterday about my new combo card on delivery (my 3rd so far since marriage in 2016),  when sms and email alert said my 360 approved! I was shouting with joy and laughter in my room like I was crazy. Crying and laughing and kept looking on my online update if it was real and kept refreshing my browser. Oh God, Praise Be the Lord Almighty! I couldn't contain my happiness. Couldn't sink in into my system.

All the hardwork have paid off. No RFE. 4 prima facie's since March 2017.  I feel vindicated from the false accusations of my ex. I am so much humbled by the graces of God.

This journey transformed my life because so many good hearted people out there, most of them strangers are willing to help. God sent them to me to guide me in the right direction. I am giving my best to do the same.

May this inspire everyone here who are waiting for their approval. As I was also inspired and this forum helped me a lot in gathering materials for my vawa journey. Thank you also to Sandra who keeps helping.  

Keep up the faith!

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy this accomplishment. You deserve it. Tuesday i received and email that my card was under production for I-360 which probably means my case is approved. I'm still jumping like crazy today!! 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, Hanna Bui said:

Hello guys.

Pls help me. I have some questions about my case:

I have a 15 years old daughter living aboard, i want to take her to US . What should  i do after i got vawa approval? And how long they allowed her to come to US with me? I haven't seen her 2.5 years. 

Thanks for your time.

If you didn’t submit the AOS yet then file form l824 for your daughter along with your AOS.

If you submitted your AOS you still can file l824 for your daughter but in both cases USCIS will take action in her case just AFTER  your green card is approved.

3 minutes ago, Ingodshands94 said:

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy this accomplishment. You deserve it. Tuesday i received and email that my card was under production for I-360 which probably means my case is approved. I'm still jumping like crazy today!! 

Congrats to you too! When did you file?

18 hours ago, Ingodshands94 said:

@sandranj can you please give your opinion on traveling abroad with an AP with an approved I-360 and pending I-485???

I traveled with my Combo card, NYC Airport, came back no problem. 

1 hour ago, Milestone2017 said:

I was just about to write my timeline yesterday about my new combo card on delivery (my 3rd so far since marriage in 2016),  when sms and email alert said my 360 approved! I was shouting with joy and laughter in my room like I was crazy. Crying and laughing and kept looking on my online update if it was real and kept refreshing my browser. Oh God, Praise Be the Lord Almighty! I couldn't contain my happiness. Couldn't sink in into my system.

All the hardwork have paid off. No RFE. 4 prima facie's since March 2017.  I feel vindicated from the false accusations of my ex. I am so much humbled by the graces of God.

This journey transformed my life because so many good hearted people out there, most of them strangers are willing to help. God sent them to me to guide me in the right direction. I am giving my best to do the same.

May this inspire everyone here who are waiting for their approval. As I was also inspired and this forum helped me a lot in gathering materials for my vawa journey. Thank you also to Sandra who keeps helping.  

Keep up the faith!

Congrats 

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

If you didn’t submit the AOS yet then file form l824 for your daughter along with your AOS.

If you submitted your AOS you still can file l824 for your daughter but in both cases USCIS will take action in her case just AFTER  your green card is approved.

Thank you Sandranj for your veryfication.

I had submitted AOS along VAWA and add the duplicated set for my daughter with REF depending on Vermont notification.

So i will fill I-824 after receiving approval notice.

In additional, i need to take more about 1 year to see her again. 

Edited by Hanna Bui

1 hour ago, Milestone2017 said:

I am 2017 filer. Praying for everyone who are still waiting. So happy! Yours will come out soon! 

20180830_085841.jpg

Congratulations 🎊

1 hour ago, Dharmaraj said:

Congrats 

Congratulations 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hanna Bui said:

Thank you Sandranj for your veryfication.

I had submitted AOS along VAWA and add the duplicated set for my daughter with REF depending on Vermont notification.

So i will fill I-824 after receiving approval notice.

In additional, i need to take more about 1 year to see her again. 

You said you submitted I485 for your daughter,, your daughter CANT adjust statues  because she lives abroad and she will come to the U.S as a DERIVATIVE. You can submit form l284 now but as I said before USCIS will adjudicate her case just after your AOS approval. You   will have ahead at least two more years to have your daughter in the  U.S, because AOS adjudication is taking one year and  in some local offices even 16 months plus one year more for the l824.

On 8/27/2018 at 11:57 AM, JJ_1017 said:

I never used my prima facie but I do agree that local aid office workers doesn’t know much about it. What you can maybe do is look at their own website then print and highlight where it says you may use prima facie to get benefits. Or speak to a case manager who may have more knowledge. Best of luck to u!

On 8/27/2018 at 7:24 AM, Double said:

Has anyone used ‘Prima Facie’ to obtain SNAP/Food stamps? I’m in Texas and just got denied today because of my alien status. I tried to explain what the letter is for and the interviewer just wasn’t getting it. She kept asking for the expiry date on my I-94. I sent them a copy showing D/S and my receipt notice for I-485, but she wanted to see the approval/actual card.

sigh!

I am using it for food stamps and medical in the state of California I totally agree with JJ_1017 the workers do not know how to deal with our situation. 

the worker I went to was very confused as why am applying and am not a citizen or permanent resident she had to make a lot of phone calls to understand.

All you have to show them is the I-360 and prima facia not the I-485.

Also if you have children or pregnant you are eligible to cash aid in addition to the food stamps and medical. Feel free to send me a private message for more details:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.