2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ingodshands94 said:

@sandranj can you please give your opinion on traveling abroad with an AP with an approved I-360 and pending I-485???

I also have the combo card for work permit and travel documents. I do not advise you to travel with it. It’s not 100% guaranteed like a green card. Imigration laws are complicated now. Don’t take any chance

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ilo said:

@sandra please I would like to know if my mom write a letter regarding her knowledge about our marriage and why she thinks it was bona-fide, will uscis consider it since she lives in my country,she never visited the US but she was always talking with my spouse on phone, if yes must it be notarized? Thanks

I don’t think so. Even if she was in the US that won’t qualify your bona fide. You need joint bank account, insurance and anything you guys have on both names. Apartment lease agreement , car insurance etc... You can ask a pastor to give you a letter instead of your mom. Or maybe HER mom if she doesn’t mind

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 hours ago, missymd said:

Hi Czzr, l remember you, we were on this thread around the same time. I got my GC in 2015. It's time for me to file my citizenship but I'm kinda freaking out about this whole going on about medical assistance and food stamps. I used those for my daughter way back. I wonder if it will be an issue.

@missymdIf it was for your daughter then you should be fine, because its her receiving the benefits not you. I received food stamps with my prima facie for 3 months and it was not an issue when i submitted the N-400. Good Luck! let me know if you need help,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, sandranj said:

Congratulations man. I still have in my living room your  art painting gift.

I remember making that painting!

It makes me happy that its in your living room :) 

I hope all is well! 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ingodshands94 said:

@sandranj can you please give your opinion on traveling abroad with an AP with an approved I-360 and pending I-485???

Legally speaking the AP doesn’t guarantee reentry,  but several visa journey members travelled abroad using AP and  reentered without any problem.If you were arrested then I suggest you not to travel until you get your green card.

In case you have any problem when reentering DO NOT SIGN any document without seeing an attorney.

Edited by sandranj

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Legally speaking the AP doesn’t guarantee reentry,  but several visa journey members travelled abroad using AP and  reentered without any problem.If you were arrested then I suggest you not to travel until you get your green card.

In case you have any problem when reentering DO NOT SIGN any document without seeing an attorney.

@sandraj are you able to get messages as yet.  

Hello guys.

Pls help me. I have some questions about my case:

I have a 15 years old daughter living aboard, i want to take her to US . What should  i do after i got vawa approval? And how long they allowed her to come to US with me? I haven't seen her 2.5 years. 

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Hanna Bui

Hi Everyone, below is my timeline so far: ️UPDATE

25 July 2016: Submitted EAD renewal application 

2   Aug 2106: Filed for divorce 

16 Aug 2016: Abusive spouse withdrew petition, email notifications. 

23 Aug 2016: Decision  Notice in mail, with option to appeal or leave country.

14 Sep 2106: Mailed I360, I485, I765

19 Sep 2016: Receipt notice- I360 fee waived 

23 Sep 2016: Receipt in mail, along with     original documents for I485, I765 (insufficient fees). I thought the single I912 was good for all the applications.

27 Sep 2016: Prima Facie letter 

15 Oct 2016: EAD expired, last day at work.

20 Oct 2016: Decision notice - declined EAD (filed before divorce).

19 Jan 2017: resubmitted I485, I765, I131, with new medical results and respective fee waiver forms.

23 Jan 2017: Fees waived on all applications (saw this after I received physical notice with receipt numbers)

02 Feb 2017: Receipt notices in mail. 

01 March 2017: We ordered your new card

03 March 2017: Notice received in mail

06 March 2017: We mailed your new card.

08 March 2017: Card received.

25 March 2017: Notice of Action - Biometrics 

01 April 2017: Biometrics appointment letter received in mail. 

Since then, I have sent applications for Prima Facie extension. 

Nov 2017 : RFE, Good moral character, background check from country. I wasn’t in the US 3yrs when I filed VAWA.

Jan 10, 2018: Sent RFE response, along with Prima Facie Extension application. (I didn’t think to apply for EAD renewal at the time...not good...I didn’t understand it wasn’t based on a valid Prima Facie, but a pending I-485)

Jan 11, 2018: Notice Of RFE receipt

Feb 20, 2018: Realized my mistake with my EAD, quickly sent in application, with letter asking it be expedited. 

Feb 20, 2018: Contacted Senator’s Office for assistance. 

Feb 28, 2018: Update On I-360 case....”Initial Review”. It said they received correspondence. I suppose they were contacted by the Senator’s office....because I already received notice when I responded to RFE for background check. Plus, the I-360 wouldn’t update because of the receiving my EAD renewal application, right? 

Feb 28, 2018: All my documents expired. I am now out of a job...no one to blame but myself. I just pray I get my new EAD soon. 

Mar 10, 2018: Notice: Fees waived for I-765

Mar 12, 2018: I-360 Petition Approval Notice!!! 

Praise be to God!!!! 

UPDATE

August 14-25 Interview letter sent out and received.

September 11 - Interview date. 

Please keep me in your prayers. I will share my experience as soon as I get out of it. 

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, FocusedFemale said:

23 Sep 2016: Receipt in mail, along with     original documents for I485, I765 (insufficient fees). I thought the single I912 was good for all the applications.

19 Jan 2017: resubmitted I485, I765, I131, with new medical results and respective fee waiver forms.

23 Jan 2017: Fees waived on all applications (saw this after I received physical notice with receipt numbers)

Nov 2017 : RFE, Good moral character, background check from country. I wasn’t in the US 3yrs when I filed VAWA.

Jan 10, 2018: Sent RFE response, along with Prima Facie Extension application. (I didn’t think to apply for EAD renewal at the time...not good...I didn’t understand it wasn’t based on a valid Prima Facie, but a pending I-485)

Feb 20, 2018: Realized my mistake with my EAD, quickly sent in application, with letter asking it be expedited. 

Feb 28, 2018: Update On I-360 case....”Initial Review”. It said they received correspondence. I suppose they were contacted by the Senator’s office....because I already received notice when I responded to RFE for background check. Plus, the I-360 wouldn’t update because of the receiving my EAD renewal application, right? 

Feb 28, 2018: All my documents expired. I am now out of a job...no one to blame but myself. I just pray I get my new EAD soon. 

Praise be to God!!!! 

UPDATE

Please keep me in your prayers. I will share my experience as soon as I get out of it. 

Sounds good, more hope for some of us still waiting. Please I'd suggest you go in with a new medical if you can. They might ask for new one since the old one from September 2016 will be out of date.

Thanks and congrats.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
12 hours ago, Hanna Bui said:

Hello guys.

Pls help me. I have some questions about my case:

I have a 15 years old daughter living aboard, i want to take her to US . What should  i do after i got vawa approval? And how long they allowed her to come to US with me? I haven't seen her 2.5 years. 

Thanks for your time.

I need to know about this too because I have daughter too,and I was wondering if I can put in her paperwork after i360 approval

I was just about to write my timeline yesterday about my new combo card on delivery (my 3rd so far since marriage in 2016),  when sms and email alert said my 360 approved! I was shouting with joy and laughter in my room like I was crazy. Crying and laughing and kept looking on my online update if it was real and kept refreshing my browser. Oh God, Praise Be the Lord Almighty! I couldn't contain my happiness. Couldn't sink in into my system.

All the hardwork have paid off. No RFE. 4 prima facie's since March 2017.  I feel vindicated from the false accusations of my ex. I am so much humbled by the graces of God.

This journey transformed my life because so many good hearted people out there, most of them strangers are willing to help. God sent them to me to guide me in the right direction. I am giving my best to do the same.

May this inspire everyone here who are waiting for their approval. As I was also inspired and this forum helped me a lot in gathering materials for my vawa journey. Thank you also to Sandra who keeps helping.  

Keep up the faith!

7 hours ago, FocusedFemale said:

Praise be to God!!!! 

UPDATE

Hi.. Congrats. May ask where is your field office your going to do the interview? I am also waiting for interview notice. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.