2,949 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2018 at 4:34 PM, Damara said:

https://www.yourtexasbenefits.com/wps/portal/hhsc/Member/InitiateScreeningWizard/!ut/p/a1/jZBRT4MwEMc_TV_pMZQQ34rLtkoYaqKwvixlFmgCLWk7mX56O54dem939_vndznMcIWZ4p-y5U5qxftrz-Lj_gW2O3IXZgVJH4HQNN-v03UEBXjgsABA_L98RLOY7grIkvv3jQfCvAhf8xXQP_MlZovI9YIZWFLMANwoAvgJs7bX9fyPA1F1lLSYGdEII0xwNn7cOTfaBwQIpmkKvvTZOHHhthZKNNLZ4KQHvxotglEbx3sEXWdPCHIx1MIg2HrQ8J6qRpfym5uP30ydtg5XNwV4HN4qkM9DmVjyA7GLi1U!/dl5/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/#Z7_7G481C80L010F0AQRMNQD730K3

This is the online application screening tool.

Heres another screening tool to see if you qualify for other  gov programs- (everyone should try this one)

https://www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-finder#benefits&qc=cat_1

Heres a phone number you can call and the texas site- https://yourtexasbenefits.hhsc.texas.gov/apply/how-to-apply

If you need help applying for benefits, call toll-free 2-1-1 or 1-877-541-7905. After you pick a language, press 2. Staff can help you Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

-------------

Every state has its own rules about what prima facie qualifies you for if anything.  Some states offer state funded programs in addition to the federally funded ones- so they have their own rules.

I have no idea if prima facie qualifies you for food or any other type of assistance in TX. Hopefully someone else in TX can reply and let you know if they got it.

But you can try the screening tools and/or call the number above and just ask.  There is also a link on the above website for community action centers that can help you apply.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I used the benefits link and answered the questionnaire. It includes food stamps and utility assistance. I was approved for utility assistance yesterday through 211. I’ll re-apply for food stamps in case I meet a more knowledgeable interviewer or I may just hop from one food pantry to the next till I get my EAD. It’s been so for me rough financially.

Edited by Double

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hy folks. USCIS Ombudsman  schedulled a teleconference 09/06/2018 at 3pm to discuss about the USCIS policy regarding denials instead of issuing  RFE and Noid.If you want to participate in the teleconference  you can register here  https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDHS/bulletins/2090859

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi guys! I filed I 360, 485 concurrently in Vermont in March 2017. I360 approved in September 2017 and transferred October 2017 to the San Diego field office. Since then no action has been taken on my case. Is someone else in a similar situation ??? Why does it take soooooooo long

6 minutes ago, CantWaitNoMore said:

Hi guys! I filed I 360, 485 concurrently in Vermont in March 2017. I360 approved in September 2017 and transferred October 2017 to the San Diego field office. Since then no action has been taken on my case. Is someone else in a similar situation ??? Why does it take soooooooo long

You are still within normal processing times for San Diego. So nothing to do but wait at this time.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tortmaster said:

You are still within normal processing times for San Diego. So nothing to do but wait at this time.

I’m outside normal processing time because the San Diego field office is currently adjusting cases that were submitted in March 16th. My case was submitted March 06,2017 though. Do they start counting the time after the case transfer from Vermont or the initial concurrent filing date is considered for the AOS

1 hour ago, CantWaitNoMore said:

I’m outside normal processing time because the San Diego field office is currently adjusting cases that were submitted in March 16th. My case was submitted March 06,2017 though. Do they start counting the time after the case transfer from Vermont or the initial concurrent filing date is considered for the AOS

They count from when it was transferred. The field office could not work on it before your vawa was approved so date of concurrent filing doesn't count.

Timeline

When filing concurrently which I did, they supposed to consider the date the application was filed initially through Vermont. Just thinking about it, it wouldn’t make any sense to file concurrently if they consider they date it was transferred. What’s the advantage of filing concurrently then.

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline

You mean that your 1-360 was approved in  in six months??

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
52 minutes ago, CantWaitNoMore said:

That was long. Do you get AOS interview date at the same time

Not yet,I will file in October when my priority date will be current cus my abusive spouse was a lpr

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

When filing concurrently which I did, they supposed to consider the date the application was filed initially through Vermont. Just thinking about it, it wouldn’t make any sense to file concurrently if they consider they date it was transferred. What’s the advantage of filing concurrently then.

The local office will count from the day that your file reached the local office, they do not count  when you filed VAWA. The advantage to file  concurrently  is to be able to get a work pemit if the person decides to apply for I-765,nothing else.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

Not yet,I will file in October when my priority date will be current cus my abusive spouse was a lpr

Good luck on that. They’re taking a long ### time  to adjucate 485 now 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.