2,949 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, JJ_1017 said:

Thank you @iwillsurvive 

my local office is Chicago 

it was received August 9th 2018

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

current processing times for I-485 in Chicago are 7 months, so you can roughly count 7 months after your I-360 approval. 

Edited by iwillsurvive

6 hours ago, Double said:

Has anyone used ‘Prima Facie’ to obtain SNAP/Food stamps? I’m in Texas and just got denied today because of my alien status. I tried to explain what the letter is for and the interviewer just wasn’t getting it. She kept asking for the expiry date on my I-94. I sent them a copy showing D/S and my receipt notice for I-485, but she wanted to see the approval/actual card.

sigh!

Iquess they dont know ..igot my food stamp using the prima facie.. You need to go the county

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

Was your I-485 approved? You can only apply for global entry at a US airport if you are a permanent resident or US citizen. 

Once you have your permanent resident card, it does not matter through which I- form you obtained it legally. 

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry

https://www.dhs.gov/trusted-traveler-programs

Agree. Global entry is good if you can get it. 

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, Double said:

Has anyone used ‘Prima Facie’ to obtain SNAP/Food stamps? I’m in Texas and just got denied today because of my alien status. I tried to explain what the letter is for and the interviewer just wasn’t getting it. She kept asking for the expiry date on my I-94. I sent them a copy showing D/S and my receipt notice for I-485, but she wanted to see the approval/actual card.

sigh!

https://www.yourtexasbenefits.com/wps/portal/hhsc/Member/InitiateScreeningWizard/!ut/p/a1/jZBRT4MwEMc_TV_pMZQQ34rLtkoYaqKwvixlFmgCLWk7mX56O54dem939_vndznMcIWZ4p-y5U5qxftrz-Lj_gW2O3IXZgVJH4HQNN-v03UEBXjgsABA_L98RLOY7grIkvv3jQfCvAhf8xXQP_MlZovI9YIZWFLMANwoAvgJs7bX9fyPA1F1lLSYGdEII0xwNn7cOTfaBwQIpmkKvvTZOHHhthZKNNLZ4KQHvxotglEbx3sEXWdPCHIx1MIg2HrQ8J6qRpfym5uP30ydtg5XNwV4HN4qkM9DmVjyA7GLi1U!/dl5/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/#Z7_7G481C80L010F0AQRMNQD730K3

This is the online application screening tool.

Heres another screening tool to see if you qualify for other  gov programs- (everyone should try this one)

https://www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-finder#benefits&qc=cat_1

Heres a phone number you can call and the texas site- https://yourtexasbenefits.hhsc.texas.gov/apply/how-to-apply

If you need help applying for benefits, call toll-free 2-1-1 or 1-877-541-7905. After you pick a language, press 2. Staff can help you Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

-------------

Every state has its own rules about what prima facie qualifies you for if anything.  Some states offer state funded programs in addition to the federally funded ones- so they have their own rules.

I have no idea if prima facie qualifies you for food or any other type of assistance in TX. Hopefully someone else in TX can reply and let you know if they got it.

But you can try the screening tools and/or call the number above and just ask.  There is also a link on the above website for community action centers that can help you apply.

Filed: Other Timeline
10 minutes ago, Milestone2017 said:

Hi Everyone. Does anybody know what is the category of abused spouse by USC in GC thru VAWA please? Thanks

With regards to that you can concurrently file 485,765 &131. You'll be issued a work permit and travel document whiles your case (360) is being processed and pending.

Once 360 is approved you'll wait for the normal processing times at your local uscis office.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Ingodshands94 said:

I’m a May 15th 2017 filler and I just receive an email saying my card is under production. This is for the I-360. Does this mean approval?? I can’t believe it. I’m so happy!! 

Congrats I just received the email of we are still reviewing you case am a June 19 2017 , may I will get it next month keeping the faith

1 hour ago, Ingodshands94 said:

I’m a May 15th 2017 filler and I just receive an email saying my card is under production. This is for the I-360. Does this mean approval?? I can’t believe it. I’m so happy!! 

Congratulations...your case is approved...

Gm VJ members i have a question ...How do i go about reporting a lawyer ? My lawyer sat abd waited 16 months with all extra evidence we gathered after filing april 2017.. now uscis sent me 4 pages of rfe with some things needed that i already gave my lawyer...this is her words ...if we submit everything what would we have sent in now when tge requested it....but to me if we did it correctly first why would uscis send an rfe... she have samples of how to do my affidatives and never showed me one instead sent in 3 affidatives from friends that was all rejected then when i ask her why she gonna be rude and say am difficult....now am stuck because one of my affidatives is dead ...one is in deporyation order and the other is upset because of the crappy work my lawyer did ....i need help writing affidatives from friends please anybody i would appreciate this .. 😪

5 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Gm VJ members i have a question ...How do i go about reporting a lawyer ? My lawyer sat abd waited 16 months with all extra evidence we gathered after filing april 2017.. now uscis sent me 4 pages of rfe with some things needed that i already gave my lawyer...this is her words ...if we submit everything what would we have sent in now when tge requested it....but to me if we did it correctly first why would uscis send an rfe... she have samples of how to do my affidatives and never showed me one instead sent in 3 affidatives from friends that was all rejected then when i ask her why she gonna be rude and say am difficult....now am stuck because one of my affidatives is dead ...one is in deporyation order and the other is upset because of the crappy work my lawyer did ....i need help writing affidatives from friends please anybody i would appreciate this .. 😪

Who rejected the affidavits of your friends? And why?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.