2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Damara said:

I believe if you applied for EAD on the VAWA form (checking the box that you want EAD on approval) it takes apx 30 days to get it after approval. Keep an eye on your online updates. It will show when its mailed.

Ok thanks a lot!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey guys . Hope you all are well. 

I got my VAWA approval but 13 days later I got an online update that “

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on July 17, 2018. 

Is this a normal process? Does this mean my VAWA journey is not over yet?

Your answers are appreciated. 

Thank you 🙏  

Edited by Mnmnm

5 minutes ago, Mnmnm said:

Hey guys . Hope you all are well. 

I got my VAWA approval but 13 days later I got an online update that “

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on July 17, 2018. 

Is this a normal process? Does this mean my VAWA journey is not over yet?

Your answers are appreciated. 

Thank you 🙏  

They are bad at online updates. I still get those updates in my DHS account for my EAD that I have had for half a year now and for my VAWA that was approved in May (for which I have th approval letter). No need to worry. They are just messy. 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

They are bad at online updates. I still get those updates in my DHS account for my EAD that I have had for half a year now and for my VAWA that was approved in May (for which I have th approval letter). No need to worry. They are just messy. 

Thank you @iwillsurvive. That’s such a relief to know. 😊

hello Sandra, hope you are doing well, i just have a quick question, i got my vawa approved on 2017 and traveled to my country this year, i have been working for a well known person and i have to travel with them, in the last trip they mentioned about applying for global entry, which would make it quicker in the lines and they don’t hVe to wait for me to get checked. i am just wondering if it would be a burden to be a vawa approved, or if this could affect my citizenship, in general i just would like your thoughts on this,if you have time i would really appreciate it

9 hours ago, lunalunera said:

hello Sandra, hope you are doing well, i just have a quick question, i got my vawa approved on 2017 and traveled to my country this year, i have been working for a well known person and i have to travel with them, in the last trip they mentioned about applying for global entry, which would make it quicker in the lines and they don’t hVe to wait for me to get checked. i am just wondering if it would be a burden to be a vawa approved, or if this could affect my citizenship, in general i just would like your thoughts on this,if you have time i would really appreciate it

Was your I-485 approved? You can only apply for global entry at a US airport if you are a permanent resident or US citizen. 

Once you have your permanent resident card, it does not matter through which I- form you obtained it legally. 

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry

https://www.dhs.gov/trusted-traveler-programs

Edited by iwillsurvive

Has anyone used ‘Prima Facie’ to obtain SNAP/Food stamps? I’m in Texas and just got denied today because of my alien status. I tried to explain what the letter is for and the interviewer just wasn’t getting it. She kept asking for the expiry date on my I-94. I sent them a copy showing D/S and my receipt notice for I-485, but she wanted to see the approval/actual card.

sigh!

Edited by Double

2 hours ago, Jesus1982 said:

Hi Everyone!!!!!!!

Looking for an experience Lawyer on VAWA, I'm in the state of Florida 

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!!!

Hello! Law office of Juan Madrid with no doubt. He’s my lawyers and they have done everything  properly so far. Also they have like an internal system which always update you regarding processing times and things they’re doing with your case this is their number ‭3053715702‬. Tell them that Alejandro sent you so you should get discount. Hope I’m helping you I’m february 2018 Filler 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Double said:

Has anyone used ‘Prima Facie’ to obtain SNAP/Food stamps? I’m in Texas and just got denied today because of my alien status. I tried to explain what the letter is for and the interviewer just wasn’t getting it. She kept asking for the expiry date on my I-94. I sent them a copy showing D/S and my receipt notice for I-485, but she wanted to see the approval/actual card.

sigh!

Denied of what?

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Donjuan98 said:

Hi, i heard someone from july 2017 has the case approved im from june 2017 and nothing did someone has news about june 2017 fillers?

I’m mid May 2017 and I have not received anything 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, Double said:

sigh!

I never used my prima facie but I do agree that local aid office workers doesn’t know much about it. What you can maybe do is look at their own website then print and highlight where it says you may use prima facie to get benefits. Or speak to a case manager who may have more knowledge. Best of luck to u!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.