2,949 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Roms2017 said:

UPDATE

August 9, 2018

Case Was Received At My Local Office

On August 09, 2018, we received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number EACXXXXX, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

WOWWW i  That transfer was fast

Nice!!!! Mine was fast like this too and on the same date!! Where is your local office? Mine is Chicago!! Good luck to u!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
12 minutes ago, JJ_1017 said:

Nice!!!! Mine was fast like this too and on the same date!! Where is your local office? Mine is Chicago!! Good luck to u!!

Thanks Dear same to you.

Local office is in New Jersey

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

Soo, I just got an RFE for my EAD which was received July 9 ... I was wondering if this could delay the EAD process and is this normal?  😟  Has anyone had the same issue.

What rfe are they asking you?

4 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

Soo, I just got an RFE for my EAD which was received July 9 ... I was wondering if this could delay the EAD process and is this normal?  😟  Has anyone had the same issue.

It will delay the EAD process because you need to respond and only then they can resume working on your I-765. The faster you respond, the faster they can process it. 

8 hours ago, Kleenex12 said:

What rfe are they asking you?

They only sent me the email! I received it today around 9 am that they were taking action on my case for the i-765 but it said that it was an RFE. I was confused since I havent seen people getting rfes for their EADs. I would probably get it Monday . I would update y'all on what is about 😀

6 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

It will delay the EAD process because you need to respond and only then they can resume working on your I-765. The faster you respond, the faster they can process it. 

Oh ok thanks ! 

10 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

Keep us in the loop. My EAD application was initially rejected due to using an expired form. I resent the application and just received the receipt notice.

I was kinda upset cos’ it pushed my timeline by 2 weeks, but they say patience is a virtue. I’m really hoping I don’t wait for 4 months like I’m reading on here. 

Just wanna get back to work! 😊

Timeline
1 hour ago, Double said:

Keep us in the loop. My EAD application was initially rejected due to using an expired form. I resent the application and just received the receipt notice.

I was kinda upset cos’ it pushed my timeline by 2 weeks, but they say patience is a virtue. I’m really hoping I don’t wait for 4 months like I’m reading on here. 

Hello everyone please I need help,who applied for EAD after Vawa approval and how long did it take for you to get it thanks!!

2 hours ago, Double said:

I will! 🤗 But how did you got a rejection? When did u submit the EAD form and which  one was it? On the USCIS website says "05/31/18. Starting 09/17/2018, we will only accept the 05/31/18 edition. Until then, you can use the 07/17/17 edition." I did submit the form from 2017. Would my rfe be about that ? 😐 

Edited by Valerie899
add more

7 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

I will! 🤗 But how did you got a rejection? When did u submit the EAD form and which  one was it? On the USCIS website says "05/31/18. Starting 09/17/2018, we will only accept the 05/31/18 edition. Until then, you can use the 07/17/17 edition." I did submit the form from 2017. Would my rfe be about that ? 😐 

Yea, your RFE is most likely about that. I submitted it in July and they still wanted the latest one for 5/31/2020. The 2017 form was rejected though I read online that they were accepting old forms. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, aquila said:

my ead and travel documentation renewal was received on July 2 and by the 31st my card was mailed to me. 

August 2, card was received.

Hey please I’m not talking about renewal,I’m talking first time EAD application,thanks for the info though 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.