2,949 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Ilo said:

From my understanding, you are not expected to travel out of the US without uscis authorization while you have a pending case, because if you do it will be considered that you have abandoned your case. In this case, I believe ICE will not just go about looking for an immigrant with a genue pending case if the person hasn't committed any criminal offense.

Thank you for your comment!!

25 minutes ago, sandranj said:

It’s almost non existent the chance that out of the blue they come to arrest someone without a criminal record,. My best friend, who is a U.S Citizen, since August she is trying to have her daughter’s boyfriend deported, he battered the girl (she is a minor), my friend called ICE twice, I called once and we spoke with ICE and they didn’t bother to show up then you have an idea how they work.But of course there is always a chance they can show up and arrest an illegal alien.

Thank you for your comment!!

4 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Considering what you posted here you have a Vawa case.  The attorney who gave you information about Vawa doesn’t understand anything about Vawa . 

You  didn’t  show up to attend the interview then after 30/60 days  you will receive a letter saying they denied your AOS, and then when filing VAWA submit a new AOS,just submit a new l485 if you know your Aos was denied.

You need a psychological evaluation done and if you have a diagnose of depression and/or PTSD due to the abuse suffered then you can file l360 , you don’t need a police report to have a Vawa petition approved .

Thank you so much for response!

Do you know how I can get a psychological evaluation? I started seeing a counselor just recently when I started feeling that I can't deal with everything by myself. 

Also do you know if my i20 is going to be cancelled when they deny my i485?

thank you again for all the information, I feel that I found here much more than when I went to ask a lawyer

2 minutes ago, neimovirna said:

Thank you so much for response!

Do you know how I can get a psychological evaluation? I started seeing a counselor just recently when I started feeling that I can't deal with everything by myself. 

Also do you know if my i20 is going to be cancelled when they deny my i485?

thank you again for all the information, I feel that I found here much more than when I went to ask a lawyer

Ask your counseler if they know how to write a psychological evaluation. Typically domestic violence counselors or psychologists trained in domestic violence counseling are your best bet. You will need to attend at least 5-7 sessions and your evaluation needs to be in-depth explaining the abuse you suffered, your diagnosis (anxiety, depression, PTSD, ...) and therapy plan. 

1 hour ago, Kleenex12 said:

mehn you need to chill some of you post alot of crazy stuffs that really get everyone worried in this forum🙄🙄🙄i don’t know where you always get your ideas from please stop this and allow us wait for our response in one peace 🤦🏽‍♀️

Hi @Kleenex12, @Florecita_Bella I think her worries are not crazy stuff the PM-602-0050, said and quote "This PM updates the policy for issuing NTAs in the following categories of cases where the 
individual is removable:.."Cases in which an applicant will be unlawfully present in the United States when the 
petition or application is denied." .. 

For example I came here with a tourist visa 4 years ago. I got married and filed VAWA. evidently I. Overstayed.  That put me in the category of unlawfully present. 

So with all due respect be also respectful with other people worries. Because for example I have the same worry.

So the question as I overstayed and i485 (AOS) is denied this could be a situation where we can be in front of NOA? And possible deportation. so I think is valid our concern .

Thank you. Have a lovely day

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kleenex12 said:

mehn you need to chill some of you post alot of crazy stuffs that really get everyone worried in this forum🙄🙄🙄i don’t know where you always get your ideas from please stop this and allow us wait for our response in one peace 🤦🏽‍♀️

Kleenex you are right, anytime i read her post it is like too much Anxiety which is not good, she gotta be strong and wait for approval keep thinking positive not negative mind

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

Ask your counseler if they know how to write a psychological evaluation. Typically domestic violence counselors or psychologists trained in domestic violence counseling are your best bet. You will need to attend at least 5-7 sessions and your evaluation needs to be in-depth explaining the abuse you suffered, your diagnosis (anxiety, depression, PTSD, ...) and therapy plan. 

The psychologist should mention what you wrote above plus  a little bit about the person background, onset of the problem, number of therapy sessions, tests performed (BAI/BDI) and referral,if any

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Ylx said:

Hi @Kleenex12, @Florecita_Bella I think her worries are not crazy stuff the PM-602-0050, said and quote "This PM updates the policy for issuing NTAs in the following categories of cases where the 
individual is removable:.."Cases in which an applicant will be unlawfully present in the United States when the 

For example I came here with a tourist visa 4 years ago. I got married and filed VAWA. evidently I. Overstayed.  That put me in the category of unlawfully present. 

So with all due respect be also respectful with other people worries. Because for example I have the same worry.

So the question as I overstayed and i485 (AOS) is denied this could be a situation where we can be in front of NOA? And possible deportation. so I think is valid our concern .

But if you overstayed and your I485 is denied what do u expect Dears?

the deportation process will begin, it's always been like that for years so it should not been an Anxiety or worry.

Better start thinking to have a backup plan to success than having anxiety killing us.

please

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Ylx said:

What is the point to do adjustment of status if they going to deny your I485 base on overstayed visa?

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Roms2017 said:

What is the point to do adjustment of status if they going to deny your I485 base on overstayed visa?

@Roms2017 seriously the things people post here and the fear they instill in some of us makes you think you have no chance even when you didn’t commit any crime,they keep posting all kinds of information that can cause you heart attack.Im so scared each time i login here

1 hour ago, Ylx said:

Thank you Ylx for your understanding; With respect to aggressive opinions and out of context, I do not bother to feed that wrong attitude, because in the end we all want the same, although many people forget that.
Sometimes I think that many people in the forum just want to hear approval dates and everything related to their personal interests forgetting that all cases are not the same and each one has different nuances.
For example: if someone was never denied an I-485 prior to submitting Vawa, our concern will seem absurd, but if you notice, several of the people in the forum most qualified in immigration issues responded kindly to my concern.
I take the opportunity to apologize if someone offended my question, although I understand that no response should be offensive since we are all sailors from the same boat and we must remain united.
I understand that one of the functions of this forum is to know the reality of our situations to know how we could face them. It seems a bit dramatic and out of place to say that people could suffer a heart attack simply by knowing the reality to which several of us could be exposed, in fact daily many people in this forum write really alarming situations and nobody says that the anxiety is going to cause a heart attack, if true, I suggest to people with physical problems not to read this forum, because here it is mainly people who have been victims of domestic violence and those issues could cause a cardiac infarction.
I invite everyone to identify with the needs of others and continue with the teachings of the most knowledgeable in this forum as for example are Sandranj, Damara, iwillsurvive, among others, who without obligation spend hours answering our concerns without receiving anything to change.
Hugs to all….

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Roms2017 said:

You are misunderstanding the NTA intent.

A Vawa applicant will not be deported because he//she  overstayed . VAWA Law is different fron family based application. Uscis was not deporting Vawa applicants who had the AOS denied but now it seems that anyone who had the AOS denied will receive a notice to appear in Court.

5 minutes ago, sandranj said:

A Vawa applicant will not be deported because he//she  overstayed . VAWA Law is different fron family based application. Uscis was not deporting Vawa applicants who had the AOS denied but now it seems that anyone who had the AOS denied will receive a notice to appear in Court. 

Hello sandranj, If I was denied the I-485 that I had dare to marry (I-130) and now I sent to USCIS the I-360 and a new I-485, do you think that they sent me to appear before a judge in the court without import that I now have a new I-485 pending approval?
Thanks for your usual collaboration!

Timeline
1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Thank you Sandranj for the correction

On 8/1/2018 at 3:00 PM, Totoro_J said:

My case was approved today!!!

Special thanks to @sandranj for your help and suggestion, and for people here support me through your positive posts and PMs.

My timeline as follow:

Apr-05-2017 : i-360 packet @ Vermont Center

Apr-21-2017 : Receipt Date for i360

May-26-2017 : Prima Facie received

May-31-2017: i485, 765, 131 @ Vermont Center

Jun-12-2017: Receipt Notice for 485, 765 and 131

Jul-10-2017: More recent abuse evidence sent to Vermont.

Aug-15-2017: Combo card EAD/AP in hand.

Apr-30-2018: 765/131 Renewal packet sent.

Jun-01-2018: EAD/AP combo card (c09) mailed.

Jun-04-2018: Card in hand.

Jul-20-2018: i-360 Card Production

Jul-27-2018: EAD Card (c31) in hand

Aug-01-2018: i-360 Approved! No single RFE.

About my vawa package,  over 120 pages, including:

- Marriage certificates.

- My 2 pages personal statement.

- 2 other statements from family member, who witnesses the abuse.

- Wedding pictures, family events pictures.

- Joint bank account statements

- Patient note from licensed counselor in domestic violence. I attended 7 sessions over 4 months.

- And other documents for good moral character.

Now I am waiting for AOS interview.

Good luck to everyone still have pending application and congratulation to recent approvals! Thank you!

are you male or female? did you finish your AOS intw?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.