2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, ISA_willdoit said:

Dear Sandra

My spouse was US citizen

My green card is approved last week

Can I bring my kids abroad to US .. No visa number ? No priority for them ?

My kids names written in i-360 approval

Thanks

Yes you can bring your children,there is no priority number for your children ,you need to file form l-824.Please read the l824 instruction .

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ilo said:

I have also heard some people who came on k-1 (fiance visa) gets green card without interview, but I don't know how true.

90% of people who came to the U.S with K1 visa don’t have interview, but if the person for example entered with K1 visa, got married and filed VAWA, the person will be subjected to the Vawa Law, the case won’t be adjudicated taking into consideration the K1 visa.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Good morning, finally after waiting for almost 3 months i received the first letter from Vermont saying that they have my application (form i797c, notice of action)

On the website it is showing that i should get another letter with more things that will need to be done.... also it is saying that i will need to go for biometrics but this would be later and they will notify me

As i understood the next step is to patiently wait :) 

38 minutes ago, sandranj said:

90% of people who came to the U.S with K1 visa don’t have interview, but if the person for example entered with K1 visa, got married and filed VAWA, the person will be subjected to the Vawa Law, the case won’t be adjudicated taking into consideration the K1 visa.

Ok, thank you so much @sandra, you such a great person.👍

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
46 minutes ago, NiceGuyXLE said:

Good morning, finally after waiting for almost 3 months i received the first letter from Vermont saying that they have my application (form i797c, notice of action)

On the website it is showing that i should get another letter with more things that will need to be done.... also it is saying that i will need to go for biometrics but this would be later and they will notify me

As i understood the next step is to patiently wait :) 

if i may ask when did you file form for EAD?did you file alone or with other documents?please can you share ur timeline?thanks.

50 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Your attorney submitted already the response , you can’t answer the RFE without submitting the original RFE request along with the answer and you can’t submit after the 87 days  allowed.

The attorney should provide the client a copy of the answer but we don’t have to show the client the answer before submitting and we don’t need the client approval to submit or not,you signed form G28 then the attorney is representing you and you should trust her/him, if you don’t trust your attorney then you should fire him/her.

@sandranj  thanks for your reply.

Just last query !

1) Can I send evidances ( to Vermont center with 5 page RFE on top of it )  by myself without firing my attorney by mentioning that my attorney did not replying my mails or calls for the time being(As I want to keep my attorney as backup and to receive my mails).IF YES , Does VAWA adjudicator will consider evidances sent by me or Not ?

and I can not hire new attorney which will take its own time and would be costly during this circumstances.

hello everyone...

I need some encouragement, I'm completely lost...

I am currently a F-1 status student (valid i20 till 2021), and I've been married to my USC husband for 2 years and 1 month. 

Not going into a lot of details we went through with my husband over these years, because it hurts to remember, I just can say that there was a huge change from a person who I fell in love with to a person who did a lot of verbal and psychological abuse to me (calling me and people from my country names, mocking my accent,  calling me fat, boring, "not fun", stupid etc, prohibiting to go out with friends even for coffee, controlling my location, my social media, breaking my phone, yelling about me talking to my mom in my language over the skype), posting abusive pictures on his media with bad abusive jokes about wife, posting pictures of devil signs, of drugs, taking all money without asking from our joint account that was supposed to be used for paying bills, making me ask for money my friends and employer for advances. There was one episode after which I'm still suffering from nightmares, and panic attacks, when he was under some substances influence and grabbed our cat by her neck and was yelling at me, that he'll throw the cat out of the window just like he can throw me away from this country if I don't do what he wants. He didn't harm our cat but he threw her against the floor that much that she was since then afraid of him aproaching, she would hide behind the couch and would come out to eat only when he was asleep or gone. That time I was ready to call police but didn't  because he told me they won't believe me, as he would totally tell them that I am a user and cheater that got caught by him and now tries to lie, he also yelled that he would report me as an immigrant that did a fraud marriage to him for papers. He was against me enrolling into US college, didn't want to support that idea because he thought that I won't be able to work and we are gonna have less money plus the college expenses. He was so mad about my decision that he started to not showing up home, and when I tried to stand my ground and told him I still was going to enroll he just disappeared from home since end of August. I know that he is around, living with his mom at her address, because he used our joint account to pay some small stuff and I can see it on the statement. His correspondence stopped coming into our mail, so I'm afraid he changed his driver license back to his mom's address (he lived there before we moved in together). I got the AOS interview invitation in October (after 14 months of waiting) and tried to contact him to ask what are we going to do, but he basically told me that he has "another girl" and that she doesn't want him to go to the interview with me. What an irony to receive that kind of news just around our second anniversary date... I'm frustrated, I still can't get that it is happening to me for real, that this relationship is doomed. Before this I thought that maybe he will cool down, and accepts the fact of my going to college, and will come back home. I wrote here about the negative sides of the relationship but we also had a very good moments, like every couple, and I still remember a sweet and loving man I fell in love with from the beginning. I'm feeling broken inside, betrayed, not needed. I became isolated from my friends while I was with him, some of them stopped contacts with me because I would ask for money to fix my husband's problems and some of them got their own families, so I'm left alone right now, I don't have anyone to talk to. I felt so depressed that I started noticing that I don't have a wish for taking care of myself, like washing my hair, taking shower or eat, I started seeing a counselor in my college, I am meeting with her weekly, and it helps a little but still sometimes I feel panicking about my future.

I went to see an immigration lawyer, he said I might want to look into vawa but it will be hard to prove, since no police reports. 

I don't know now, since we missed the interview appointment, what is my situation?

is my i20 cancelled? is my dream to graduate from college doomed as well as my marriage? clearly, there's no hope in my relationship any more, My husband made himself very clear.

I don't want anything any more at this point, I just don't want to lose my mind.

sorry for a lot of letters, but my soul is screaming right now and it is helpful to write it all out

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lithuania
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

if i may ask when did you file form for EAD?did you file alone or with other documents?please can you share ur timeline?thanks.

i submited the i360 package august 9, recently october 10th i recieved the first letter saying that they received my package 

sandranj, iwillsurvive, Damara and other collaborators please help me understand the following:

As we all know, people in the Vawa process, regardless of whether they have a Prima Facie or Work Permit, do not have defined migratory status, it is also known that the new administration considers it a crime to have exceeded the time of stay in the USA allowed by their tourist visas.
I have heard of cases in which ICE arrests people who have never had any crime or pending deportation order.
I understand that if a person who is in the process Vawa is detained he can request before a judge that they allow him to finish the pending Vawa process and almost always this request is granted by the judge, although this entails a lawyer cost.
Given that USCIS and other institutions have all the personal information (address, phone, email, etc.) of the Vawa applicants, I wonder the following: How big is the possibility that ICE will arrest a person who is in the Vawa process? even if it has no crime or deportation order?
Thanks for your comments….

30 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

sandranj, iwillsurvive, Damara and other collaborators please help me understand the following:

As we all know, people in the Vawa process, regardless of whether they have a Prima Facie or Work Permit, do not have defined migratory status, it is also known that the new administration considers it a crime to have exceeded the time of stay in the USA allowed by their tourist visas.
I have heard of cases in which ICE arrests people who have never had any crime or pending deportation order.
I understand that if a person who is in the process Vawa is detained he can request before a judge that they allow him to finish the pending Vawa process and almost always this request is granted by the judge, although this entails a lawyer cost.
Given that USCIS and other institutions have all the personal information (address, phone, email, etc.) of the Vawa applicants, I wonder the following: How big is the possibility that ICE will arrest a person who is in the Vawa process? even if it has no crime or deportation order?

From my understanding, you are not expected to travel out of the US without uscis authorization while you have a pending case, because if you do it will be considered that you have abandoned your case. In this case, I believe ICE will not just go about looking for an immigrant with a genue pending case if the person hasn't committed any criminal offense.

Edited by Ilo

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

It’s almost non existent the chance that out of the blue they come to arrest someone without a criminal record,. My best friend, who is a U.S Citizen, since August she is trying to have her daughter’s boyfriend deported, he battered the girl (she is a minor), my friend called ICE twice, I called once and we spoke with ICE and they didn’t bother to show up then you have an idea how they work.But of course there is always a chance they can show up and arrest an illegal alien.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

mehn you need to chill some of you post alot of crazy stuffs that really get everyone worried in this forum🙄🙄🙄i don’t know where you always get your ideas from please stop this and allow us wait for our response in one peace 🤦🏽‍♀️

Hello! Hope everyone is having a good day. I have a question. Even the law office has received 3 mail about my case ( the one that they receive my documents, denied my fee waiver and biometrics for i360) when I check my case online only show that they waived fees for i360 (evidently this is by default).. So why on internet doesn't show any of the other mails?

Timeline
59 minutes ago, neimovirna said:

hello everyone...

I need some encouragement, I'm completely lost...

I am currently a F-1 status student (valid i20 till 2021), and I've been married to my USC husband for 2 years and 1 month. 

Not going into a lot of details we went through with my husband over these years, because it hurts to remember, I just can say that there was a huge change from a person who I fell in love with to a person who did a lot of verbal and psychological abuse to me (calling me and people from my country names, mocking my accent,  calling me fat, boring, "not fun", stupid etc, prohibiting to go out with friends even for coffee, controlling my location, my social media, breaking my phone, yelling about me talking to my mom in my language over the skype), posting abusive pictures on his media with bad abusive jokes about wife, posting pictures of devil signs, of drugs, taking all money without asking from our joint account that was supposed to be used for paying bills, making me ask for money my friends and employer for advances. There was one episode after which I'm still suffering from nightmares, and panic attacks, when he was under some substances influence and grabbed our cat by her neck and was yelling at me, that he'll throw the cat out of the window just like he can throw me away from this country if I don't do what he wants. He didn't harm our cat but he threw her against the floor that much that she was since then afraid of him aproaching, she would hide behind the couch and would come out to eat only when he was asleep or gone. That time I was ready to call police but didn't  because he told me they won't believe me, as he would totally tell them that I am a user and cheater that got caught by him and now tries to lie, he also yelled that he would report me as an immigrant that did a fraud marriage to him for papers. He was against me enrolling into US college, didn't want to support that idea because he thought that I won't be able to work and we are gonna have less money plus the college expenses. He was so mad about my decision that he started to not showing up home, and when I tried to stand my ground and told him I still was going to enroll he just disappeared from home since end of August. I know that he is around, living with his mom at her address, because he used our joint account to pay some small stuff and I can see it on the statement. His correspondence stopped coming into our mail, so I'm afraid he changed his driver license back to his mom's address (he lived there before we moved in together). I got the AOS interview invitation in October (after 14 months of waiting) and tried to contact him to ask what are we going to do, but he basically told me that he has "another girl" and that she doesn't want him to go to the interview with me. What an irony to receive that kind of news just around our second anniversary date... I'm frustrated, I still can't get that it is happening to me for real, that this relationship is doomed. Before this I thought that maybe he will cool down, and accepts the fact of my going to college, and will come back home. I wrote here about the negative sides of the relationship but we also had a very good moments, like every couple, and I still remember a sweet and loving man I fell in love with from the beginning. I'm feeling broken inside, betrayed, not needed. I became isolated from my friends while I was with him, some of them stopped contacts with me because I would ask for money to fix my husband's problems and some of them got their own families, so I'm left alone right now, I don't have anyone to talk to. I felt so depressed that I started noticing that I don't have a wish for taking care of myself, like washing my hair, taking shower or eat, I started seeing a counselor in my college, I am meeting with her weekly, and it helps a little but still sometimes I feel panicking about my future.

I went to see an immigration lawyer, he said I might want to look into vawa but it will be hard to prove, since no police reports. 

I don't know now, since we missed the interview appointment, what is my situation?

is my i20 cancelled? is my dream to graduate from college doomed as well as my marriage? clearly, there's no hope in my relationship any more, My husband made himself very clear.

I don't want anything any more at this point, I just don't want to lose my mind.

sorry for a lot of letters, but my soul is screaming right now and it is helpful to write it all out

Considering what you posted here you have a Vawa case.  The attorney who gave you information about Vawa doesn’t understand anything about Vawa . 

You  didn’t  show up to attend the interview then after 30/60 days  you will receive a letter saying they denied your AOS, and then when filing VAWA submit a new AOS,just submit a new l485 if you know your Aos was denied.

You need a psychological evaluation done and if you have a diagnose of depression and/or PTSD due to the abuse suffered then you can file l360 , you don’t need a police report to have a Vawa petition approved .

6 minutes ago, Ylx said:

Hello! Hope everyone is having a good day. I have a question. Even the law office has received 3 mail about my case ( the one that they receive my documents, denied my fee waiver and biometrics for i360) when I check my case online only show that they waived fees for i360 (evidently this is by default).. So why on internet doesn't show any of the other mails?

Uscis website is not reliable.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.