2,949 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

hello @sandranj and @iwillsurvive please i need ur help.So i filed for my green card in october 2018 after my vawa was approved in july 2018.So my priority date was august 2016 so i was told i could only file green card when it’s current which was in october 2018.So please i check on the processing time line and it says they are working on october 2016 cases,so when can i expect to receive an interview notice?please just estimate and tell me so that i can start putting my things together.thanks alot!

When you look at the processing times website for your local office, there will be a time range, i.e. 12-16 months, use the first number in the time range and add it to October 2018.

dear all 

my priority date should be which one ?

date i filed my i-485 / i-130 to my US abuser .. 02/2016

or date i filed my i-360 ... 11/2016

or date i-360 approved  ... 03/2018

written on my i-360 approval and i-485 approval... priority date  02/2016 ...

although i read everywhere it should be 11/2016  date i filed i-360 properly 

need to file i-824 to bring my kids from abroad .. so which date i use in i-824 application 

thanks 

2 minutes ago, ISA_willdoit said:

dear all 

my priority date should be which one ?

date i filed my i-485 / i-130 to my US abuser .. 02/2016

or date i filed my i-360 ... 11/2016

or date i-360 approved  ... 03/2018

written on my i-360 approval and i-485 approval... priority date  02/2016 ...

although i read everywhere it should be 11/2016  date i filed i-360 properly 

need to file i-824 to bring my kids from abroad .. so which date i use in i-824 application 

thanks 

You only have a priority date if your abusive spouse is a permanent resident. If your spouse is a US citizen, you don’t need to wait for a priority date/visa number to become current as there are always visa numbers available for spouses of US citizens. 

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

When you look at the processing times website for your local office, there will be a time range, i.e. 12-16 months, use the first number in the time range and add it to October 2018.

thanks alot dear.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

thanks alot dear.

please @iwillsurvive i don’t understand what you mean by i should use the first number in the time range!Iets say its 9-12 months can you please add that for me and tell me?thanks alot.

45 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

please @iwillsurvive i don’t understand what you mean by i should use the first number in the time range!Iets say its 9-12 months can you please add that for me and tell me?thanks alot.

If you tell me what your local office is, I can do the math for you. It’s easy. Use the first number in the time range. So if it says 9-12 months, use 9 months. If you filed I-485 in October 2018, then it’s October 2018 + 9 months. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

If you tell me what your local office is, I can do the math for you. It’s easy. Use the first number in the time range. So if it says 9-12 months, use 9 months. If you filed I-485 in October 2018, then it’s October 2018 + 9 months. 

ok thanks alot!Menh so i will have to wait till june next year?😪😪😪😪

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, ISA_willdoit said:

to bring my kids abroad .. no priority date in i-824 ? i know for me no priority date to file i-485 ... but for me to bring them still no priority date ?

Your kids will be able to come to the U.S AFTER your green card is approved, then if your husband is a Green card holder then there is a priority date for you and once you receive your GC then you can bring your children to the U.S.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kleenex12 said:

Use the calculator posted bellow.

https://www.mygcvisa.com/calculator/

Choose option F2A-spouse.

@sandranj and Senior members, I am going to take a bold steps, can I send some evidence to Vermont center for my VAWA RFE response, While having an immigration attorney on record. As my attorney is not responding and I have lost trust on her. 

Q1 : Will USCIS consider my response as valid response and USCIS will accept additional evidances or Do I have to fire my attorney first to take the control on my case. 

Earlier she did too many mistakes in application and RFE response and never shown me what she sent to USCIS. 

Q2: Is it normal behavior that Immigration attorney do not show the final response ( evidence)  what they are sending to VAWA Vermont center ?

Q3: Where my mails will go if I will fire my immigration attorney. 

On 10/30/2018 at 11:04 AM, Tiffy88 said:

@staypositive i think we are experiencing the same problem... my C31 EAD was issued on the 22. I got the card today October 30th. I thought i was getting the approval notice.. not sure when that will happen.

So i recieved an update that my vawa has been approved.. 

Timeline  

I filed my I-360, 1-484 I-765 in may 2017. 

Receive my receipt notice in June 2017 

Did my Biometrics in JULY 2017 

Got my Prima Facie in December 2017, June 2018.

Also got my EAD Aug 2017, and July 2018

Card production Oct 23 2018. Recieved EAD C31  Oct 30.  

Recieved update Nov 2 2018 my Vawa has approved. 

I didn't recieved any RFE

Is it a possibility that they can send my GC without me going for a interview?

Edited by Tiffy88

5 minutes ago, Tiffy88 said:

So i recieved an update that my vawa has been approved.. 

Timeline  

I filed my I-360, 1-484 I-765 in may 2017. 

Receive my receipt notice in June 2017 

Did my Biometrics in JULY 2017 

Got my Prima Facie in December 2017, June 2018.

Also got my EAD Aug 2017, and July 2018

Card production Oct 23 2018. Recieved EAD C31  Oct 30.  

Recieved update Nov 2 2018 my Vawa has approved. 

I didn't recieved any RFE

Is it a possibility that they can send my GC without me going for a interview?

The chances of that are very slim. The majority of people have to go to an interview. There are very few random cases where there is no interview. But the interview is no big deal. It’s just going over the I-485 form again. It’s just a formality in most cases. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.