2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
Just now, Ilo said:

I don't think there's any problem with the documents as uscis will request if they need more, they probably abandoned the file by mistake.

yea you may be right...

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ilo said:

Go by her advice, she is an attorney.

so if someone hasnt lived here up to three years i need to get police clearance for good moral and conduct from my country.i got here last year may 2017

28 minutes ago, paulbuzayor01 said:

so if someone hasnt lived here up to three years i need to get police clearance for good moral and conduct from my country.i got here last year may 2017

YOU need police clearance from all places you lived in for 6 or more months 3 years prior to filing I-360. So if you haven’t submitted VAWA yet, you will need police clearance from every country and US state you lived in from November 2015 until now. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ilo said:

Yes, you will get one from your home country and get one from here aswell.

thank you so much ...please me and my wife live in a room ..we only rent a room and we pay 500 ..but our landlord gives us receipt..how did you lease go..how did your lease go did u also live in a room too

1 minute ago, paulbuzayor01 said:

thank you so much ...please me and my wife live in a room ..we only rent a room and we pay 500 ..but our landlord gives us receipt..how did you lease go..how did your lease go did u also live in a room too

You should get a notarized letter from your Landlord along with your recipt stating you both rented (lived or are living there) as husband and wife .

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ilo said:

You should get a notarized letter from your Landlord along with your recipt stating you both rented (lived or are living there) as husband and wife .

okay thank you so much

11 hours ago, Ilo said:

It does not need to be active, in my case we both had auto insurance policy for 6months period, and I left my spouse 3months into the policy, but uscis sent me a rfe on bonafide marriage stating that the insurance policy was insufficient because there was not prove that the policy was paid for during the period it stated, so I had to get a letter from the insurance company  confirming the policy was maintained for that period. So try to gather or keep proof that the account was maintained incase you are asked. Sometimes they want proof that the account was maintained for a period of time, but it doesn't matter how long.

Thank you very much.

I have online account for the policies that shows month on month payments and bank statements that shows deduction with the name of insurance companies on it.

Timeline
1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

YOU need police clearance from all places you lived in for 6 or more months 3 years prior to filing I-360. So if you haven’t submitted VAWA yet, you will need police clearance from every country and US state you lived in from November 2015 until now. 

thanks so much brother i really appreaciate your kindness on this forum..i wanna ask that can we still file Vawa after dec 7..cause i heard that they wanna reauthorize it..is it gonna stop people from applying from Vawa??cause i just wanna start...and i would like to tell me what to do on this case..i already submitted i130,i485 and i765 ..but they havent made decision..my wife is really threatening me that she will get me deported ..she spits on me sometimes when we argue..she dnt sleep the room we rent ..she sleeps outside ..she goes out with another man,i even even caught her with a man in my room before..she told me that was his first lover that disvirgined her..that day i got so mad..she slapt me and spat on my face,she has broken my phone twice,there was a day we were coming from her sisters house we were at the bus stop she slapt me cause i was advising her not to fight a lady,,she fights people i even have the video..sometimes the police arrests her for fight,now she even blocked my number..i still even forgave her yet she still didnt stop...she keeps threatening me everytime that she will call the cops for me to get me deported ..she said shes not going to the interview..and my application has been submitted already..what can i do..am so confused,,,and i heard Vawa needs to be reauthorize please advise me on what to do..

hello Sandra 

USCIS mistakenly sent my GC to my old I-485 attorney  who filed it 3 years back !!

although 

i confirmed with my IO during interview NOT TO send her as she withdraw herself from my representing me.

and i gave my IO my address and he confirmed writing it in RED !!

i don't understand how come they did that ...  and what are my options with this attorney if she refused to hand it  ( i paid her in full by then )

note 

she is a friend of my abuser :(

thanks 

Edited by ISA_willdoit
missed word

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
28 minutes ago, ISA_willdoit said:

hello Sandra 

USCIS mistakenly sent my GC to my old I-485 attorney  who filed it 3 years back !!

although 

i confirmed with my IO during interview NOT TO send her as she withdraw herself from my representing me.

i don't understand how come they did that ...  and what are my options with this attorney if she refused to hand it  ( i paid her in full by then )

note 

thanks 

There is no option, just go and pick up your GC, you already paid her anyway.

It is illegal for her to hold your mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
Just now, Roms2017 said:

There is no option, just go and pick up your GC, you already paid her anyway.

It is illegal for her to hold your mail.

32 minutes ago, ISA_willdoit said:

hello Sandra 

although 

note 

thanks 

Dont make an appointment with her otherway she will tell your abuser you are coming; just show up to the office if not tell her to mail it to you to a save mailing address

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.