2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 minutes ago, TOVE said:

Hello Sandra could you please advise me on what to do

I applied for EAD under I485 C9 at the end of May and did fingerprints in July and still waiting with no updates.

I am outside normal processing times according to the USCIS web sight and I every time I try to submit and inquiry it tells me that I am within normal processing times and can not submit an inquiry at this time

Contact your congress person to inquire on your behalf.

40 minutes ago, Par.Hast said:

Hello everyone, 

Is there any official reference to state that Form I-360, I-485, & I-765 can be filled concurrently; and also the category of the I-765? 

I have some difficulties to ask my lawyer to file my I-765 concurrently and also to file under category (c)(9). 

Thank you1

I suggest you change your attorney. They seem to have no idea about VAWA and might not be the best representation for your case. You want your attorney to be an expert. Also, you pay them, so they have to do what you ask of them. 

Category C09 is for everybody that has a pending I-485, which allows you to work while waiting for USCIS to adjudicate your I-360. 

Filing I-360 automatically makes you eligible to adjust status (AOS=I-485). If your attorney doesn’t even know this, fire them. 

54 minutes ago, Par.Hast said:

Hello everyone, 

Is there any official reference to state that Form I-360, I-485, & I-765 can be filled concurrently; and also the category of the I-765? 

I have some difficulties to ask my lawyer to file my I-765 concurrently and also to file under category (c)(9). 

Thank you1

If your spouse is a USC, then your attorney doesn't know anything,follow @iwillsurvive advice if you want a good outcome. But if your spouse is a green card holder, you can only file I-765 (c31) along with i-360 which you will receive after vawa is approved.

Edited by Ilo

22 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

I suggest you change your attorney. They seem to have no idea about VAWA and might not be the best representation for your case. You want your attorney to be an expert. Also, you pay them, so they have to do what you ask of them. 

Category C09 is for everybody that has a pending I-485, which allows you to work while waiting for USCIS to adjudicate your I-360. 

Filing I-360 automatically makes you eligible to adjust status (AOS=I-485). If your attorney doesn’t even know this, fire them. 

Thank you for your reply! In case of concurrently filling, is there a filling fee for I-765? 

Edited by Par.Hast

6 minutes ago, Ilo said:

If your spouse is a USC, then your attorney doesn't know anything,follow @iwillsurvive advice if you want a good outcome.

Yes, He is, and I already have EAD Card through marriage change of status, which I believe it automatically ceased by DV and divorce 

Edited by Par.Hast

My Attorney messed up my  RFE response of VAWA.I made all annexures and documents and she missed to send all the evidances.

She also did not let me see the final package which she prepared to send to USCIS, as she lingered everything till last minute on deadline to respond to RFE.

Now she is not responding my mails.

What should I do , I fear if I will fire her, then hire new immigration attorney and then new attorney will take its own time to understand the case, because  my case has 2 years of history and around 1200 pages of USCIS forms + VAWA evidances + divorce mess+ court transcripts.

I am struck with crazy legal system.😌😢😭, and feeling lot of anxiety.

What if I fire my attorney, and send all package again of 1200 pages , what VAWA officer will think ? It will delay the RFE decision ?

Any good idea , please let me know. ?

26 minutes ago, Par.Hast said:

Do you know how is the process of canceling an attorney which is already an assigned lawyer based on G-28 for USCIS case?

How should I notify USCIS? 

You should let your attorney know you no longer want him or her to represent you, however , you will have to write a notarized letter to uscis informing them you are withdrawing your attorney from your case and update your mailing address. If you think your attorney can represent you well then you may want to keep him/her, I only suggested firing because it is a mess if an attorney does not understand Vawa process, that's to say he can not deal with whatever may come up. You do not have to pay for I-765 if filled together with i-485.

Edited by Ilo

8 hours ago, sandranj said:

They returned the first time because you did not submit the I-912,probably you are not filling the I-912 correct or not submitting enough proof showing that you are unable to pay the fees, did you submit your bank statement and all bills that you have to pay montly?(rent,food commute,phone,utility bill).

Thanks so much Sandra for the reply.

i did not submit any proof,my lawyer just fill the I-912 stating that am not financially stable without any proof.

i guess the reason for them rejecting the second time.

Now that I know do you think I can send the 410 fee for the i765 as I can afford it for now.

Hope it’s will not give the notion that am financially capable by sending the 410fee for the i765.

thanks 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
57 minutes ago, gur said:

My Attorney messed up my  RFE response of VAWA.I made all annexures and documents and she missed to send all the evidances.

She also did not let me see the final package which she prepared to send to USCIS, as she lingered everything till last minute on deadline to respond to RFE.

Now she is not responding my mails.

What should I do , I fear if I will fire her, then hire new immigration attorney and then new attorney will take its own time to understand the case, because  my case has 2 years of history and around 1200 pages of USCIS forms + VAWA evidances + divorce mess+ court transcripts.

I am struck with crazy legal system.😌😢😭, and feeling lot of anxiety.

What if I fire my attorney, and send all package again of 1200 pages , what VAWA officer will think ? It will delay the RFE decision ?

Any good idea , please let me know. ?

DO NOT SUBMIT documents that you submitted before ,it’s even written in the RFE.

14 minutes ago, Ilo said:

You should let your attorney know you no longer want him or her to represent you, however , you will have to write a notarized letter to uscis informing them you are withdrawing your attorney from your case and update your mailing address. If you think your attorney can represent you well then you may want to keep him/her, I only suggested firing because it is a mess if an attorney does not understand Vawa process, that's to say he can not deal with whatever may come up. You do not have to pay for I-765 if filled together with i-485.

Thank you for your reply! 

Should I still pay the fee if Form I-485 is already submitted?

3 minutes ago, sandranj said:

DO NOT SUBMIT documents that you submitted before ,it’s even written in the RFE.

then What to do Sandra, I do not know what my attorney sent. and she messed up the stuff. 

what is the best way , keep patience to wait for the disaster  or fire ?☹️

Can You please send any link or document, how to  send Evidance to USCIS 

1. punch the A4 print outs From top, as i have seen in my attorneys office or  from left sides. ?

2. any other rules to attach the documents ?

11 minutes ago, Par.Hast said:

Thank you for your reply! 

Should I still pay the fee if Form I-485 is already submitted?

It's in uscis website that if you already submitted form i-485 and paid the fee, you can still submit I-765 without paying the fees but you must include the i-485 receipt notice along with the i-765 showing you have a pending i-485.

Edited by Ilo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.