2,949 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ilyanyc said:

you know your case better than anyone - do you have abuse evidence and marriage in faith ? describe more abt why you think its taking 3y

My marriage was in good fate his parents can testify and I know that it was I didn’t marry someon just for the fun of it for me marragebis secret and only happens once when you really love someone a and yes about the abused evidence I have so much it is said. Even now in 2 months I have a court date because he violated the restraining order and is facing criminal charges.

and I filed my case on September 2015 that’s why I’m saying it has ben 3 years and I’m still pending. 

5 minutes ago, MimoMinkov said:

My marriage was in good fate his parents can testify and I know that it was I didn’t marry someon just for the fun of it for me marragebis secret and only happens once when you really love someone a and yes about the abused evidence I have so much it is said. Even now in 2 months I have a court date because he violated the restraining order and is facing criminal charges.

and I filed my case on September 2015 that’s why I’m saying it has ben 3 years and I’m still pending. 

did you get ead ?

2 minutes ago, aquila said:

@MimoMinkov did you try contacting your senator or congressman? In my opinion filing a lawsuit against the USCIS might be unpredictable in the outcome. It's hard to tell. 

no and i know that's my worried 

On 10/30/2018 at 4:03 PM, iwillsurvive said:

I think you are misunderstanding how it works. You already have your EAD under category C9. C9 means you have a pending I-485 and allows you to work while waiting for your VAWA approval. Category C31 means you did not file I-485 and have to wait to work until VAWA is approved. Then you get EAD under C31 along with your VAWA approval. 

You don’t need category C31 since you have always had a pending I-485. 

Your VAWA process is done. Your next step will be the transfer of your I-485 and then you will have to wait for your interview notice. 

Actually, I was in a similar situation, pending i485 held in abeyance and a renewed C9 EAD expiring in December, I was, however, sent an EAD under C31 when my VAWA was approved.

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, MimoMinkov said:

no and i know that's my worried 

did you put in all necessary evidences birth certificate of your spouse and marriage certificate,,what are the documents you submitted for your Vawa

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

1) -Take a valid ID (driver’s license or passport)

- Appointment notice

- All originals for copies that were submitted (birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate if you are divorced)

- Medical in sealed envelope

I personally took all original notices they had ever sent me, current and previous passports with all previous entry stamps and visas and my attorney also had a piece of paper with all changes that have occurred since I-485 was filed (addresses, employment, marital status, etc.). 

2. You need a new medical. 

3. Being in between jobs will not have an affect on your interview most likely. Just be prepared to prove you have enough savings to get by and will not need public assistance and/or that you are applying for jobs. 

Thanks @iwillsurvive

Morning guys trust you doing fine .

i still need your help,this is the second time Vermont returned my i765 category c9 form even with fee waiver form attached .

my first i765 was returned because it has noi914(the fee waiver ).

my question now is that should I include the money order for the form i765 form which is 410$ and resend it as I previous attached i914(fee waiver for not financial stable).

hope sending the fee when I previously claim am not financially buoyant won’t affect my pending application in the quest of getting a EAD .

please@ everyone@iwillsurvive@sandraj, your advise will surely be appreciated 

thanks in anticipation 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, Ylx said:

Hi everybody I hope you guys are having a blessed day  I have a question I just sent my vawa case and gave my appointment for fingerprint next week. Im consider to place myself in a shelter and wondering if being a shelter is would be considered a public charge or if they Place me later in affordable housing that would be considered like a public charge.

because I'm scared if I apply for this kind of stuff later on this is going to hurt my case and they see myself like I would be a public charging would be deny my green card..thank you

Shelters are not considered public charge, public housing for victims of domestic violence is not considered public charge either. The new changes in Immigration Law will not affect vawa applicants.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

When you complete the form from the state, it asks for any alias (other names)  Also when you get your fingerprints done, they also ask you for alias (other names) that is when you list your current name, maiden name, and any other names that you have used.  

Elena del Alba Matos Rosario is very different than Elena D. Matos Rosario and can be viewed as two different people.  

If the  person for example has any document or bill with different name then the person should find the Law/policy where she lives stating that the police will not issue a police clearance with a different name than the person's name showing in the ID/Passport/DL etc.

1 hour ago, Bryan12 said:

i still need your help,this is the second time Vermont returned my i765 category c9 form even with fee waiver form attached .

my question now is that should I include the money order for the form i765 form which is 410$ and resend it as I previous attached i914(fee waiver for not financial stable).

hope sending the fee when I previously claim am not financially buoyant won’t affect my pending application in the quest of getting a EAD .

thanks in anticipation 

Timeline
12 hours ago, MimoMinkov said:

Good evening everyone I have a very serious question please if someone was going or is going trough the same to express his or hers opinion?

My lawyers is thinking of filing a lawsuit for a my delayed case it has ben 3 years and then some. My question is is that a good or a bad idea, can that backfire and can they just because on that to deport me or deny my vawa case?

please if anyone has gone trough the same situation to advise or to tell hers or his story, I’m so nervous and scared. 

I want to say thank you to all of you, keep yourself safe and don’t lose hope. 

Usually we, attorneys, before filing the "writ of mandamus" we submit a letter to all agencies (Secretary, U.S. Department of Homeland Security; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service Center, Director, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, FBI, U.S. Attorney Office) informing our  intent to file a complaint for writ of mandamus due  to the unreasonably delay, if the  applications is not adjudicated within 30 days.Usually the "threat" works and USCIS adjudicates the application right after receiving the letter.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Bryan12 said:

thanks in anticipation 

They returned the first time because you did not submit the I-912,probably you are not filling the I-912 correct or not submitting enough proof showing that you are unable to pay the fees, did you submit your bank statement and all bills that you have to pay montly?(rent,food commute,phone,utility bill).

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

Hello Sandra could you please advise me on what to do

I applied for EAD under I485 C9 at the end of May and did fingerprints in July and still waiting with no updates.

I am outside normal processing times according to the USCIS web sight and I every time I try to submit and inquiry it tells me that I am within normal processing times and can not submit an inquiry at this time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.