2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

@Florecita_BellaCheck out pages 34-37 in this link re- police clearance issues.https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/documents/document_gathering_for_self-petitioning_under_the_violence_against_women_act.pdf

FOR ALL VAWA APPLICANTS-

Here are 3 helpful guides-

1. Basic Checklist : For those who already have a decent amount of knowledge and just need a guide to follow and check off-pdf http://www.tahirih.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/VAWA-Application-Document-Checklist.pdf

2. Preparation assistance-pdf  - this has indepth explanations about what proof you need. Covers every thing from proof for different types of abuse claimed to what to include in your affidavit- https://www.lsc.gov/sites/default/files/LSC/pdfs/11. Appendix X BB CHP Self-Petitioning.pdf

3.Help with gathering documents-word doc (if anyone needs it as a pdf I can convert it and give you a link)- reviews ways to show various things like good faith, residence, status, abuse etc. https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/documents/document_gathering_for_self-petitioning_under_the_violence_against_women_act.pdf

1 hour ago, Damara said:

@Florecita_BellaCheck out pages 34-37 in this link re- police clearance issues.https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/documents/document_gathering_for_self-petitioning_under_the_violence_against_women_act.pdf

FOR ALL VAWA APPLICANTS-

1. Basic Checklist : For those who already have a decent amount of knowledge and just need a guide to follow and check off-pdf http://www.tahirih.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/VAWA-Application-Document-Checklist.pdf

2. Preparation assistance-pdf  - this has indepth explanations about what proof you need. Covers every thing from proof for different types of abuse claimed to what to include in your affidavit- https://www.lsc.gov/sites/default/files/LSC/pdfs/11. Appendix X BB CHP Self-Petitioning.pdf

3.Help with gathering documents-word doc (if anyone needs it as a pdf I can convert it and give you a link)- reviews ways to show various things like good faith, residence, status, abuse etc. https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/documents/document_gathering_for_self-petitioning_under_the_violence_against_women_act.pdf

Thanks Damara for the information, but it seems to me that the information you sent me does not refer to the case I specifically stated.
The case that I presented is the following:
A person who has a valid identity document (ID), needs a letter of good moral conduct from a state or country where the institution that issues the letter (Back grund Check, Police Clearance, etc.) only emits them with fingerprints and Name that appears on the applicant's ID, but USCIS is requesting a Police Clearance (No letters from friends or family) with a different name from the one on your ID.
Example:
If a person is called Elena del Alba Matos Rosario, but she in the package (I-360) that filed in USCIS sent some document with the name of it written in an abbreviated form (Elena D. Matos Rosario), USCIS asks for a letter of good moral conduct (Police Clearance) for that name but in the state where Elena lives (NJ) the police do not deliver said letter, who delivers it is the court of justice of that state and only emit it under the traces and the name of Elena as it appears written in her ID (Elena del Alba Matos Rosario).
What can be done in that case?
Thanks for your comments…

Edited by Florecita_Bella

Hi everybody I hope you guys are having a blessed day  I have a question I just sent my vawa case and gave my appointment for fingerprint next week. Im consider to place myself in a shelter and wondering if being a shelter is would be considered a public charge or if they Place me later in affordable housing that would be considered like a public charge.

because I'm scared if I apply for this kind of stuff later on this is going to hurt my case and they see myself like I would be a public charging would be deny my green card..thank you

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, Damara said:

FOR ALL VAWA APPLICANTS-

Florecita and Damara all 3 sites are not updated. Many information in all sites are not used anymore in VAWA cases, such as we do not submit G325A anymore, we do not submit to Vawa Unit and many other things, I am not going to write one by one here . If the person doesn't have an attorney then he/she should hire one or find a pro bono attorney, do not follow these links.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Thanks Damara for the information, but it seems to me that the information you sent me does not refer to the case I specifically stated.
The case that I presented is the following:
A person who has a valid identity document (ID), needs a letter of good moral conduct from a state or country where the institution that issues the letter (Back grund Check, Police Clearance, etc.) only emits them with fingerprints and Name that appears on the applicant's ID, but USCIS is requesting a Police Clearance (No letters from friends or family) with a different name from the one on your ID.
Example:
If a person is called Elena del Alba Matos Rosario, but she in the package (I-360) that filed in USCIS sent some document with the name of it written in an abbreviated form (Elena D. Matos Rosario), USCIS asks for a letter of good moral conduct (Police Clearance) for that name but in the state where Elena lives (NJ) the police do not deliver said letter, who delivers it is the court of justice of that state and only emit it under the traces and the name of Elena as it appears written in her ID (Elena del Alba Matos Rosario).
What can be done in that case?
Thanks for your comments…

When you complete the form from the state, it asks for any alias (other names)  Also when you get your fingerprints done, they also ask you for alias (other names) that is when you list your current name, maiden name, and any other names that you have used.  

Elena del Alba Matos Rosario is very different than Elena D. Matos Rosario and can be viewed as two different people.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

22 minutes ago, TOVE said:

Hello everyone! My EAD application is outside normal processing time, I applied at the end of May did finger prints at the beginning of july! 

how should I inquire?

Should I make an info pass? Call a number? Please suggest something I am really desperate:(

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

This page has a link for you to follow. Select I-765 and VSC and then there will be a link to where you can inquire. 

6 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

This page has a link for you to follow. Select I-765 and VSC and then there will be a link to where you can inquire. 

Hello Iwillsurvive, I did that and this is what is shows me when I submitted my inquiry! 

Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time. Further information about recent processing times can be viewed on the uscis.gov webpage.

according to the processing time table I am outside pro times!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

My i485 interview is scheduled for Nov 13th at San Francisco office. I have a few questions if someone who has already attended can answer

1) List of documents I need to take 

2) My medical report I submitted did not have Gnorrhea tested, i may probably need to get a new one done. I guess in any case I have to do it, since the previous one was submitted when i filed Vawa in Sept 2016. So it may have already expired. 

3) I was laid off from work last month, I am looking for my next job. Does anyone know if that will have any impact on the interview, if the officer will ask anything. I can take all my previous paystubs. 

4) Anything else I need to know. 

I know some of you may ask my timeline. Here it is 

VAWA filed Sept 2016

Vawa approved Nov 2017, but didn’t receive notice. Did infopass and I got approval notice in Jan 2018 saying my case was recently approved. 

My case was transferred to local office on April 4 2018

and my interview is scheduled for Nov 13th 

53 minutes ago, Desert Storm said:

My i485 interview is scheduled for Nov 13th at San Francisco office. I have a few questions if someone who has already attended can answer

1) List of documents I need to take 

2) My medical report I submitted did not have Gnorrhea tested, i may probably need to get a new one done. I guess in any case I have to do it, since the previous one was submitted when i filed Vawa in Sept 2016. So it may have already expired. 

3) I was laid off from work last month, I am looking for my next job. Does anyone know if that will have any impact on the interview, if the officer will ask anything. I can take all my previous paystubs. 

4) Anything else I need to know. 

I know some of you may ask my timeline. Here it is 

VAWA filed Sept 2016

Vawa approved Nov 2017, but didn’t receive notice. Did infopass and I got approval notice in Jan 2018 saying my case was recently approved. 

My case was transferred to local office on April 4 2018

and my interview is scheduled for Nov 13th 

1) -Take a valid ID (driver’s license or passport)

- Appointment notice

- All originals for copies that were submitted (birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate if you are divorced)

- Medical in sealed envelope

I personally took all original notices they had ever sent me, current and previous passports with all previous entry stamps and visas and my attorney also had a piece of paper with all changes that have occurred since I-485 was filed (addresses, employment, marital status, etc.). 

2. You need a new medical. 

3. Being in between jobs will not have an affect on your interview most likely. Just be prepared to prove you have enough savings to get by and will not need public assistance and/or that you are applying for jobs. 

Good evening everyone I have a very serious question please if someone was going or is going trough the same to express his or hers opinion?

My lawyers is thinking of filing a lawsuit for a my delayed case it has ben 3 years and then some. My question is is that a good or a bad idea, can that backfire and can they just because on that to deport me or deny my vawa case?

please if anyone has gone trough the same situation to advise or to tell hers or his story, I’m so nervous and scared. 

I want to say thank you to all of you, keep yourself safe and don’t lose hope. 

9 minutes ago, MimoMinkov said:

Good evening everyone I have a very serious question please if someone was going or is going trough the same to express his or hers opinion?

My lawyers is thinking of filing a lawsuit for a my delayed case it has ben 3 years and then some. My question is is that a good or a bad idea, can that backfire and can they just because on that to deport me or deny my vawa case?

please if anyone has gone trough the same situation to advise or to tell hers or his story, I’m so nervous and scared. 

I want to say thank you to all of you, keep yourself safe and don’t lose hope. 

you know your case better than anyone - do you have abuse evidence and marriage in faith ? describe more abt why you think its taking 3y

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.