2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
23 minutes ago, digonyc said:

Hi everyone, 

i knew that my case was approved almost 6 months ago but just now i got a update on it. The news of the approval was on May 30th, a week later i received the EAD C31, but never received the approval letter, went for a infopass but nothing happened. 

On October 30, 2018, we approved your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, Receipt Number  We will mail your approval notice.

hello

i'm planning to apply for vawa but i'm not sure if I have enough pictures with my wife as evidence. I have less than 20 pictures including some of the wedding. She was the one that like to take most of the pictures with her phone, I don't think she'll share them with me. would that be a problem?

also, I just have a copy(scanned colored) of her birth certificate, would that be enough to proof she is a citizen? (it's just a copy) Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A case number has been anonymized, and several comments about it have been removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Timeline

My attorney has submitted my VAWA packet with all required documents and evidences  on 5th October and Vermont office has received it on 9th October. It's been more than 3 weeks now but still I haven't received Receipt from USCIS. I am seriously worried why they are taking so long issuing receipt. Is there anything wrong with my VAWA documents ?  

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, rza said:

its for my friend he has pending vawa bu driving license and work permit he makes 12000 a year can he get Medicaid he needs eye surgery

He should get the prima facie and call medicaid. He will qualify for Medicaid if he didn’t receive the prima facie yet ask him to write a letter to USCIS asking  to expedite the prima facie and explain what is going on with him

Hi,

I was always able to consult my I-94 online, after I came back from my home country (with parole) I can't see any information. I'm using the same passport than before, I was able to see all my arrivals at USA and now it says that they can't find any record of me.

Edited by Poupis

59 minutes ago, shayona said:

My attorney has submitted my VAWA packet with all required documents and evidences  on 5th October and Vermont office has received it on 9th October. It's been more than 3 weeks now but still I haven't received Receipt from USCIS. I am seriously worried why they are taking so long issuing receipt. Is there anything wrong with my VAWA documents ?  

You need to be patient. It takes at least 4 weeks but can take up to 6/7 weeks for them to send the receipt notice. 

You have a long wait ahead of you, so don’t get worried about something taking a few weeks because you are about to wait a year and a half to hear anything else about your VAWA. 

12 hours ago, Naperi said:

Remember when you are re submitting your forms dont forget to send back the blue notice paper,, ihad 3 blue. Notice papers ,, ihad to re submit all of them with the forms

Thank you so much I will make sure the secretary of the law center include it.. Also when they return you your forms did they sent the fingerprint appointment after .. Mine was a week apart, last week send the blue paper denied my waiver fee for i485 and yesterday I receive the appointment for biometrics for i360 .. Is weird

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, petros10 said:

hello

i'm planning to apply for vawa but i'm not sure if I have enough pictures with my wife as evidence. I have less than 20 pictures including some of the wedding. She was the one that like to take most of the pictures with her phone, I don't think she'll share them with me. would that be a problem?

also, I just have a copy(scanned colored) of her birth certificate, would that be enough to proof she is a citizen? (it's just a copy) Thanks

Pictures don't show evidence of a bonafide marriage, it complements the documents  that you have to submit to USCIS.Yes a copy is enough

Hi all!
I hope that someone please help me with the following concern:
I have read in the forum that USCIS requests Police Records for the different names that they understand that the person has used in the places where they have lived for at least 6 months in the last 3 years. I read a case of a person to whom the USCIS requested police records for 6 different names; As I understand, this happens when documents with abbreviated names are sent along with the I-360.
I understand that in some states the letters of good conduct (Police Clearance) only issued by the courts of justice through the fingerprints of people and their identity document, as is the case in New York and New Jersey, unlike from other states where you can request such local police records "Police Clearance" for different names regardless of whether the name of the person is different from the one written on the identity document (ID).
There are also countries where only "No Criminal Records" records are issued exactly the same as the name that appears on the personal identification (ID).
I ask:
What can be done in the event that USCIS asks a person for police records for various names in states or countries where it is the court of justice that issues these records and only emit them through fingerprints and for a single name ?
Thanks in advance for your comments…

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.