2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, xoxox said:

Good Morning Everyone.

Where we should submit i485 after vawa approval to Vermont or just direct send it to Chicago ?  

How long it takes form USCIS to Cash personal check ?

Thanks .

You must submit to Vermont.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Peru1234 said:

My I-360 approval letter says, the petition indicates that you the self-petioner are in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. You should contact the local USCIS office to obtain form-I-485. A copy of this notice should be submitted with application. Mine doesn't say anything about Vermont. 

USCIS doesn't tell you where to file I-485 because the General Adjudication Procedures  are stated  in the  Adjudicator's Field Manual (AFM) .

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

Hi everyone I am a silent reader and this forum has set my mind at ease my days just know there's others like myself but we all have a silver lining at the end of this terrible journey, I file in May of 2017 and got approve in September and got my approval letter in the beginning of October,I see many people posted that card is in production, i only got my approval letter already i have my (c9) card already expiring end of January it's been almost a month and couple days since my approval and haven't gotten (C31) card should I apply for a card c(31)or will they send me one thanks for all the help in advance 

20181030_135421.jpg

14 minutes ago, MAYgirl said:

Hi everyone I am a silent reader and this forum has set my mind at ease my days just know there's others like myself but we all have a silver lining at the end of this terrible journey, I file in May of 2017 and got approve in September and got my approval letter in the beginning of October,I see many people posted that card is in production, i only got my approval letter already i have my (c9) card already expiring end of January it's been almost a month and couple days since my approval and haven't gotten (C31) card should I apply for a card c(31)or will they send me one thanks for all the help in advance 

20181030_135421.jpg

I think you are misunderstanding how it works. You already have your EAD under category C9. C9 means you have a pending I-485 and allows you to work while waiting for your VAWA approval. Category C31 means you did not file I-485 and have to wait to work until VAWA is approved. Then you get EAD under C31 along with your VAWA approval. 

You don’t need category C31 since you have always had a pending I-485. 

Your VAWA process is done. Your next step will be the transfer of your I-485 and then you will have to wait for your interview notice. 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

Thank for you quick replay I understand now,i need to renew my working permit soon,should I do it under (c31) since I am approve? My case of I-485 was transfer to my local office September 14th and my Vawa approval was on September 25th 

Edited by MAYgirl

17 hours ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi Gramercy!

I had my medical exam done last year and it cost me $200, it's in Queens, the Dr didn't give me any vaccinations since I already got them from Elmhurst hospital.

Thank you so much. Please provide the doctor's address and info.

Edited by gramercy

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

7 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

You submit everything to Vermont even after I-360 approval. Same if you want to renews your EAD/AP. 

If you are concerned with a check being cashed, I suggest you send a cashier’s check instead of a personal check because then you take the money out of your account up front and don’t have to worry about when they will take it out 

Thanks a lot for your answer .. It's been over than 3 weeks since attorney sent the file to USCIS , I forgot to ask him about where to file  and I haven't heard anything thing from USCIS and still check not cashed yet plus I don't know if he still has the tracking number or not .. I am worry now .

6 hours ago, Peru1234 said:

My I-360 approval letter says, the petition indicates that you the self-petioner are in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. You should contact the local USCIS office to obtain form-I-485. A copy of this notice should be submitted with application. Mine doesn't say anything about Vermont. 

When we called they only said follow instructions on the notice .

Hi there! My file was sent 09/29..Well last week i got tje notice told me my fee waiver was denied and today I receive appointment for biometrics.. Is this a good sign? They only resend me i485 and the waiver form. Not evidence include..other question it said on the letter for the appointment no cellphone allow in the Oakland USCIS .. How I'm suppose to get there..?with out GPS!

7 minutes ago, Ylx said:

Hi there! My file was sent 09/29..Well last week i got tje notice told me my fee waiver was denied and today I receive appointment for biometrics.. Is this a good sign? They only resend me i485 and the waiver form. Not evidence include..other question it said on the letter for the appointment no cellphone allow in the Oakland USCIS .. How I'm suppose to get there..?with out GPS!

Most USCIS offices do not allow cell phones. You can leave it in your car. 

3 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Then you will have to go old-school and print out directions

Yes I guess.. However I was reading on the page of USCIS and said you can have it with you but off.. Not allow to take pictures or recording except for naturalization event.. So Is hard when you aren't from the city.. For safety reason I mean be out of cellphone

4 hours ago, sandranj said:

You must submit to Vermont.

It's been over than 3 weeks Now since attorney summited it , we haven't heard anything from Uscis and they didn't cashed the check yet .. I am worry about it now . I am not sure where he sent it Vermont or Chicago , Now I am trying to call him to make sure he sent it to Vermont .. Thanks a lot Sandra .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.