2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, aquila said:

USCIS is correct, you don't need to pay for 765 if you pay for 485.

Only pay $1225 as it states in the instructions for the 485 form. And do not add waiver. Just the fee for 485.

Carefully read the instructions for the 765 form and in the lines you will come across on page 23:  Exceptions: Initial EAD No.12 and under renewals No.4

Hope this helps.

There is no fee to file form I765 if the person submitted concurrently with form I-485 but ifthe person  didn't submit when filing the AOS then there is a fee to pay to obtain the work permit, not to renew.

2 minutes ago, xoxox said:

Good Morning Everyone.

Where we should submit i485 after vawa approval to Vermont or just direct send it to Chicago ?  

How long it takes form USCIS to Cash personal check ?

Thanks .

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I-485 form after VAWA approval should be submitted to Vermont, then Vermont will submit it to NBC then NBC will forward it to your local office to schedule your interview. You may want to call USCIS to ask them where you should send the form I-485 so that you don't send it to the wrong address, and delay the process.

I don't know how long it takes for USCIS to process personal checks, I'm assuming they process each file as they receive them, first come, first serve, but I'm sure someone else on here may be able to help you narrow down a timeline.

Be blessed

24 minutes ago, xoxox said:

Good Morning Everyone.

Where we should submit i485 after vawa approval to Vermont or just direct send it to Chicago ?  

Thanks .

You submit everything to Vermont even after I-360 approval. Same if you want to renews your EAD/AP. 

If you are concerned with a check being cashed, I suggest you send a cashier’s check instead of a personal check because then you take the money out of your account up front and don’t have to worry about when they will take it out 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, ruchit12 said:

thanks for answer.

also i have life insurense policy /renter insurence/bank statement/copy of both credit card / bank statement/phone bill / honey moon travel tickets and phonological evaluation/some pictures does any body think  i good case for vawa

What you have might prove bonafide marriage but to prove abuse it depends of your own afffidavit and how the psychological evaluation was drafted

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, xoxox said:

Good Morning Everyone.

Thanks .

My I-360 approval letter says, the petition indicates that you the self-petioner are in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. You should contact the local USCIS office to obtain form-I-485. A copy of this notice should be submitted with application. Mine doesn't say anything about Vermont. 

11 minutes ago, staypositive said:

Hey guys. My I-360 went into card production on October 12th and I received the C31 EAD on October 20th. I have not received an actual approval notice yet, is that normal? How long after the EAD are they sending the approval notice? Thanks!

@staypositive i think we are experiencing the same problem... my C31 EAD was issued on the 22. I got the card today October 30th. I thought i was getting the approval notice.. not sure when that will happen.

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

There is no fee to file form I765 if the person submitted concurrently with form I-485 but ifthe person  didn't submit when filing the AOS then there is a fee to pay to obtain the work permit, not to renew.

Thanks a lot! .. Do I have to send back all the package with the money order or just the money order with a cover letter? Also can I include the form to be notify by email about my process?.. Happens my probono lawyer quit and the secretary is not really helpful. In fact she told me I had to pay more.than $2000 because my gee waiver was denied... So at this point should I find another lawyer?... (Sorry if all this is too long)

12 hours ago, Naperi said:

Its better you just pay ,, imagene me this application istarted in may 2018 but becouse they were returning for 3 times it delayed everthing and my reciete date. Is 10,, 22,, 2018,, ,, 1225 is inclusive biometrics. And they weeive the fee of work permit.. That what they wrote on my 1765 reciet that fee weeived

Hi thanks for your answer apreciate it... @Naperi when they denied your waiver they sent you the notice alone or with your all package (forms and evidence)

12 hours ago, aquila said:

USCIS is correct, you don't need to pay for 765 if you pay for 485.

Only pay $1225 as it states in the instructions for the 485 form. And do not add waiver. Just the fee for 485.

Carefully read the instructions for the 765 form and in the lines you will come across on page 23:  Exceptions: Initial EAD No.12 and under renewals No.4

Hope this helps.

Thanks! 

36 minutes ago, Tiffy88 said:

@staypositive i think we are experiencing the same problem... my C31 EAD was issued on the 22. I got the card today October 30th. I thought i was getting the approval notice.. not sure when that will happen.

@Tiffy88 normally you receive the EAD card C31 first, then the VAWA approval letter a week or so later, it's coming 🙂

3 hours ago, Tiffy88 said:

I had received my vawa approval after receiving EAD C31 over 2 months. It's USCIS administrative error.

You can make infopass to ask USCIS about your vawa approval asap. 

Best of lucks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.