2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

thanks for answer.

also i have life insurense policy /renter insurence/bank statement/copy of both credit card / bank statement/phone bill / honey moon travel tickets and phonological evaluation/some pictures does any body think  i good case for vawa

1 hour ago, ruchit12 said:

thanks for answer.

also i have life insurense policy /renter insurence/bank statement/copy of both credit card / bank statement/phone bill / honey moon travel tickets and phonological evaluation/some pictures does any body think  i good case for vawa

Without knowing your story it will be hard to tell. If you can tell us more about what happened we can give you an opinion. 

Your affidavit is going to be the most important document along with any official documents such as a good psychological evaluation or a police report or a restraining order. Also witness statements are important, so make sure you have those and that they don’t contradict your own affidavit. 

On 10/27/2018 at 11:35 PM, Gogetter18 said:

Oh now I get it!! @Tiffy88, what you renewed twice was your prima facie which you can use to get certain public benefits like food stamps, medicaid and so on while your VAWA application is still pending, a prima facie is not your VAWA approval. But what you posted in your original post IS your VAWA approval now, so just relax and wait for your GC interview 🙂

@Gogetter18 do you know how long ill have to wait for a Green card interview... and do you know how does the interview works . What are my chances of getting denied?

6 minutes ago, Tiffy88 said:

@Gogetter18 do you know how long ill have to wait for a Green card interview... and do you know how does the interview works . What are my chances of getting denied?

The processing times for I-485 depend on your local office. Every office has different processing times, so unfortunately this will depend on where you live. You can check it out here for your office: 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

The website will show you a range of months. For example, If it says 8-12 months, use 8/the first number. use your VAWA approval date and count the months from there. Sometimes they schedule it faster but this is a good rule to go by. 

Once your VAWA is approved, the interview should only be a formality UNLESS you have a criminal record and did not submit a waiver or you have a medical condition that makes you ineligible after your medical exam. Otherwise you don’t need to worry about the interview. 

Edited by iwillsurvive

8 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

The processing times for I-485 depend on your local office. Every office has different processing times, so unfortunately this will depend on where you live. You can check it out here for your office: 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

The website will show you a range of months. For example, If it says 8-12 months, use 8/the first number. use your VAWA approval date and count the months from there. Sometimes they schedule it faster but this is a good rule to go by. 

Once your VAWA is approved, the interview should only be a formality UNLESS you have a criminal record and did not submit a waiver or you have a medical condition that makes you ineligible after your medical exam. Otherwise you don’t need to worry about the interview. 

@Gogetter18 @iwillsurvive i submit my papers including my I-485 in may 2017. I just go approved for the 1-360 so should i count from may 2017 or from now. 

3 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Count from now

@iwillsurvive   Oh wow!!! Its been almost 2 years since i submitted my applications... i thought that i would get my interview sooner.  . Oh well 

Didn't know the I360 took this long to approve,  now i have to wait another long time again.

Have you personally been to  interview based on the 1360?

4 minutes ago, Tiffy88 said:

@Gogetter18 @iwillsurvive i submit my papers including my I-485 in may 2017. I just go approved for the 1-360 so should i count from may 2017 or from now. 

@Tiffy88 You start counting from the day you got your VAWA approval.

From what I have read on this forum, at the interview they only ask you questions from your completed I-485 form, mainly yes or no questions. But if you search the threads here, you will find all the information and answers you need.

Don't worry, the hard part is over 🙂

4 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

If you only want to pay for work permit, it is 410.00.  

If you are filling for 1 485and 1 765 you need to pay 1225,, .they returned my application 3 times at first they denied my 912 for fee weeiver twice and. 3rd ipayed more money. Ipayed 1225 plus 410 for work authorisation the returned everthing and they wrote ablue letter that ishould pay 1225.. Now ijust recieved my reciets for 1485 and 1 765..

42 minutes ago, Naperi said:

If you are filling for 1 485and 1 765 you need to pay 1225,, .they returned my application 3 times at first they denied my 912 for fee weeiver twice and. 3rd ipayed more money. Ipayed 1225 plus 410 for work authorisation the returned everthing and they wrote ablue letter that ishould pay 1225.. Now ijust recieved my reciets for 1485 and 1 765..

Hi thanks a lot for answering.. I was checking on USCIS website and says I765: $410 and I485 included biometrics $1225.. So I'm really confuse.. The all money order would be $ 1635? ..also should I include a cover letter when I send this? I rather to pay than be more delayed on the process

Filed: Other Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ylx said:

Hi thanks a lot for answering.. I was checking on USCIS website and says I765: $410 and I485 included biometrics $1225.. So I'm really confuse.. The all money order would be $ 1635? ..also should I include a cover letter when I send this? I rather to pay than be more delayed on the process

USCIS is correct, you don't need to pay for 765 if you pay for 485.

Only pay $1225 as it states in the instructions for the 485 form. And do not add waiver. Just the fee for 485.

Carefully read the instructions for the 765 form and in the lines you will come across on page 23:  Exceptions: Initial EAD No.12 and under renewals No.4

Hope this helps.

9 hours ago, gramercy said:

Hello Everyone,

I have questions about the interview and medical exam.

How long does it take for the medical Exam?

What is the cost? does the Medicaid cover any of it?

How did you choose the doctor?

Recommendations from NYC are welcome

Hi Gramercy!

I had my medical exam done last year and it cost me $200, it's in Queens, the Dr didn't give me any vaccinations since I already got them from Elmhurst hospital.

53 minutes ago, Ylx said:

Its better you just pay ,, imagene me this application istarted in may 2018 but becouse they were returning for 3 times it delayed everthing and my reciete date. Is 10,, 22,, 2018,, ,, 1225 is inclusive biometrics. And they weeive the fee of work permit.. That what they wrote on my 1765 reciet that fee weeived

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, ruchit12 said:

thanks for answer.

In March you posted in the 751 monthly filers thread- you actually posted many times- and you said something about getting a decision and waiting for the card. Then in June you started posting in the VAWA thread. This is confusing because to file 751 removal of conditions you would have had to have a GC and now you are talking about submitting a 360 VAWA to get a GC. So what is going on? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.