2,949 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

My lawyer filed my renewal under my I485 at NBC on August. We didn’t file it together with VAWA. How is that going to affect my case?

Now that you have a pending VAWA petition, they will most likely have to transfer your I-765 and I-131 to VSC as the NBC no longer is responsible for you. But they will decide what to do. It should hopefully not delay the process. 

10 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Now that you have a pending VAWA petition, they will most likely have to transfer your I-765 and I-131 to VSC as the NBC no longer is responsible for you. But they will decide what to do. It should hopefully not delay the process. 

The last update I have on my I765 was “Fingerprint review was completed as of August 14, 2018....at our NBC location”. They used my biometrics from last year. Will they send me a mail or notify me if they have transferred it to VSC?

Filed: Other Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi everyone I have another question can I fill my I485 while the asked me for more evidence.i don’t know yet what they asked I m waiting for the mail.

thank you !!

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, Gogetter18 said:

Please has anyone ever had a code 2 on their I-360 biometrics notice? I-485 and I-765 were on a separate notice and had code 5. I already completed the appointment last week, just curious as USCIS page says code 2 is for card production.

Thanks

•  Code 1 – fingerprinting for 10 prints only
  • Code 2 – photo, signature and index finger press-print
  • Code 3 – photo, signature, index finger press-print and fingerprinting for 10 prints

Code 5 is for one hand

Not sure where you read code 2 is card production on USCIS?

33 minutes ago, Damara said:
  •  Code 1 – fingerprinting for 10 prints only
  • Code 2 – photo, signature and index finger press-print
  • Code 3 – photo, signature, index finger press-print and fingerprinting for 10 prints

Code 5 is for one hand

Not sure where you read code 2 is card production on USCIS?

I'm sorry for the miscommunication, I just went back and read answers to previous questions I asked some immigration attorneys. That's what they said about code 2. I'll just wait and see.

Thanks

@Aquila I'm not quite sure why you found it hilarious that someone responded to a question that I posted, she provided me with information that helped to answer my question, so your "reaction" was rude and uncalled for. This a forum where people support each other, people ask questions and get answers, and everyone shares their experiences, not make fun of one another. If you have nothing positive to contribute, please stop trolling my posts.

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Gogetter18 said:

@Aquila I'm not quite sure why you found it hilarious that someone responded to a question that I posted, she provided me with information that helped to answer my question, so your "reaction" was rude and uncalled for. This a forum where people support each other, people ask questions and get answers, and everyone shares their experiences, not make fun of one another. If you have nothing positive to contribute, please stop trolling my posts.

First and foremost I want to say I'm sorry if that was your perception. Because I found myself thinking same about the code which I checked on mine too which was the same. I was lost just like you until the an answer was provided.

So it's nothing personal to you or anyone. We're all in the same situation with an everyday prayer to get to the end of this.

If my reaction was rude, sorry once again.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:20 PM, iwillsurvive said:

@Sandara
Hello all, i need advice how I can turn this situtaion to become a  blessing for my case.

I signed the lease for where i lived with my spouse, because she had eviction issues she cannot lease by herself. So i added her to the lease.

When the abuse got to the peak I left the apartment in June. She stayed there with all of her friends and family. But,I still paid the rent till August 2018 when the lease expired. She refused to leave the apartment, and she is not paying for rent pr any of the untilities bills in our names.

Now the apartment has gone to eviction against me since I am the principal on the lease. I contacted a Pro Bono to help responded to the eviction notice from the Superior court. 

It was stated in the respons that I am an abused spouse and I 1let the apartment since end of June, yet i paid the rent till the lease expired. Lease agreement and receipt of rent payment for 12 months was attached to the response.

The prosecuting attorney called me and said he appreciate my position and I have done the right thing,I should not be a victim further.

The attorney added the case will still go to court, where he will ask for forceful eviction of my spouse and her people and also ask that the judgment be cealed, so that it will not enter into my record.

How can this play in my favour and also add to proof how cruel my spouse was to me.

Thank you all for your responses.

4 hours ago, aquila said:

First and foremost I want to say I'm sorry if that was your perception. Because I found myself thinking same about the code which I checked on mine too which was the same. I was lost just like you until the an answer was provided.

So it's nothing personal to you or anyone. We're all in the same situation with an everyday prayer to get to the end of this.

If my reaction was rude, sorry once again.

I appreciate you explaining what you meant, thank you.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Guys finally after over 15 months I am about to get my EAD card. The reason it took such a long time is because my attorney (in error) put in a wrong Alien number in my EAD application. We tried everything to correct it, even made a few info pass appointments but there was no luck. We mailed a letter to uscis and nothing happend. Finally two weeks ago we mailed in another application with the correct alien number and two days ago my status changed to "New card being produced" and today it changed to "Card was mailed to me". 

Please be very careful before sending in your applications. Slight mistake can cause a long delay. My alien number was off by one digit.

I am attaching my timeline. I was approved several times before for EAD but the card never got mailed to me. I am now hoping to get my card this coming week. 

VAWA still pending. I am a April 2017 filer. Waiting for 18 months so far... no REF or anything. Hoping to positive news soon.

for forum card mailed.png

ead timeline.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ahmad- said:

Guys finally after over 15 months I am about to get my EAD card. The reason it took such a long time is because my attorney (in error) put in a wrong Alien number in my EAD application. We tried everything to correct it, even made a few info pass appointments but there was no luck. We mailed a letter to uscis and nothing happend. Finally two weeks ago we mailed in another application with the correct alien number and two days ago my status changed to "New card being produced" and today it changed to "Card was mailed to me". 

Please be very careful before sending in your applications. Slight mistake can cause a long delay. My alien number was off by one digit.

I am attaching my timeline. I was approved several times before for EAD but the card never got mailed to me. I am now hoping to get my card this coming week. 

VAWA still pending. I am a April 2017 filer. Waiting for 18 months so far... no REF or anything. Hoping to positive news soon.

ead timeline.png

congrats bro :)

42 minutes ago, ahmad- said:

ead timeline.png

Hi sweetie 

me too 

when I was apply EAD card 90 days , I try to online push , but I found my attorney put wrong A number in much application form , I sent email to him request correct it immediately.

he online submit request correct it , and then after correct A number 30 days issue my EAD card 

total 125days 

so don’t too ture attorney 

13 minutes ago, Claudia16049 said:

Hi sweetie 

me too 

when I was apply EAD card 90 days , I try to online push , but I found my attorney put wrong A number in much application form , I sent email to him request correct it immediately.

he online submit request correct it , and then after correct A number 30 days issue my EAD card 

total 125days 

so don’t too ture attorney 

awesome congrats :)

Good evening guys first i wanna apologize for not replying to your messages it is just that a lot was going on those past few days and I'm stressed so much, and at the same time I'm so angry and said because of my actions. Hopefully, someday my case will finally move forward no matter the outcome and hopefully my lawyer will finally have an answer why and what is happening. I just want to have a normal life is that so hard and so wrong to ask for?

And once again thank you guys for all the support and help so far wish you luck and don't lose hope no matter how hard is it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.