2,949 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Gogetter18 said:

Hi All,

Please I have a quick question: I submitted I-360, I-485 and I-765 concurrently in September of this year and received biometrics appointment 3 weeks later, is that normal? I haven't received a prima facie though, so I was wondering.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank You

You can check processing times for all forms here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Just select the form and then VSC

Biometrics typically happen within 1-2 months after filing. It’s probably one of the fastest appointments they schedule. 

Prima Facie typically also gets issued around that timeframe. Keep in mind that USCIS does not send PF to everybody. If you need it because you are in need of public benefits, you can send a letter to VSC requesting PF. 

This process requires a lot of patience, so don’t get nervous when things take a little while. It’s normal. I-360 takes 16.5-21 months before they start adjudicating it. Then the local office (depending on the office’s processing times) takes anywhere from 6-18 months after VAWA approval to schedule the AOS interview. Processing times change and get updated every month, so don’t stress about it yet because by the time your petition gets adjudicated processing times will most likely have changed. 

If you need to work or travel and have a pending I-485, you can file I-765 under category C09 and I-131. 

Please read through this and past VAWA threads to get a good understanding of the process. People always post there timelines, so that helps give some reference. 

Hi everyone! I have questions. If your I485 was put on hold, is there any status online that would show online or are you gonna receive any letter? We already called the USCIS number but the lady couldn’t provide any info about my I485 since it’s still not on their system and adviced me to make an infopass. The last update that shows in her file was “Ready to be scheduled for interview” which we already went to in July 18,2018. I explained on my previous post that me and my lawyer went to the interview and asked the officer to put my I485 on hold for we will be filing VAWA but she was not so helpful and told us that she will put a “no-show” note since my husband is not with me and that was it, we left. The day after that my lawyer sent a letter and an email to USCIS head about our experience and asked to have my I485 put on hold. We didn’t get any response, and til now we’re still waiting. But another thing is, I had my I765 renewed based on my I485 (Expired on Oct 1, 2018) on Aug 2018 and it says now that they have completed a review of my fingerprints. 

We submitted my I360 last month, my Receipt date is 9/11/18. Yesterday I got an email that they sent me a mail for RFE

I have really been worried about my I485 and I765 (since it’s under c9). We have no news about my I485, no online update. The only thing that’s giving me hope is that they used my previous biometrics for the I765 which is a good thing because it means they haven’t denied my I485 yet. We have been trying to get an infopass , checking the website everyday. 

Anyone who can share their thoughts and ideas about my case? Thank you. 🙏

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, gur said:

Tomorrow is the last date to submit my RFE response.  I have submitted everything to her. 😌

My attorney not replying to me.

1.  If my attorney , do not reply by tomorrow, Can I send documents tomorrow or by Monday by myself ?
  2. Can I go and submit byself tomrrow, and USCIS Vermount center accept the packages from individual . Any idea.
  3.  Does USCIS accept late response to RFE if I show my attorney ditched?

Senior members please suggest.

Yes you can submit but you MUST SUBMIT THE ORIGINAL RFE along with your answer   and please fire this attorney. Survivors endured enough abuse and the last thing they need is an attorney abusing the attorney-client privilege. If you paid your attorney demand part of the attorney fees as well.

1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

You can check processing times for all forms here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Just select the form and then VSC

Biometrics typically happen within 1-2 months after filing. It’s probably one of the fastest appointments they schedule. 

Prima Facie typically also gets issued around that timeframe. Keep in mind that USCIS does not send PF to everybody. If you need it because you are in need of public benefits, you can send a letter to VSC requesting PF. 

This process requires a lot of patience, so don’t get nervous when things take a little while. It’s normal. I-360 takes 16.5-21 months before they start adjudicating it. Then the local office (depending on the office’s processing times) takes anywhere from 6-18 months after VAWA approval to schedule the AOS interview. Processing times change and get updated every month, so don’t stress about it yet because by the time your petition gets adjudicated processing times will most likely have changed. 

If you need to work or travel and have a pending I-485, you can file I-765 under category C09 and I-131. 

Please read through this and past VAWA threads to get a good understanding of the process. People always post there timelines, so that helps give some reference. 

@ Iwillsurvive, this is amazing information, thank you so very much.

I'm still reading up posts from previous years and trying to catch up, this forum has a wealth of very useful information 🙂 As for the biometrics, I was actually surprised because it came so quickly so I got nervous, thank you so much 🙂

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
4 hours ago, sandranj said:

Yes you can submit but you MUST SUBMIT THE ORIGINAL RFE along with your answer   and please fire this attorney. Survivors endured enough abuse and the last thing they need is an attorney abusing the attorney-client privilege. If you paid your attorney demand part of the attorney fees as well.

@gur I don't understand your message,please ask Sandra and @iwillsurvive they are the best people to help you.

6 hours ago, rayofhope said:

Hi All....Thx Sandra for all guidance ... My case was reopened after filing 290B on Tuesday

16 oct 2018 and today i got an email that my new card has been approved...

Looks like they approved my I 360.

Thx guys i was depressed as reopening a case is really rare to get it approved its because of all your prayers...

🙏🏿🙏🏿God bless you all..👍🏻

congratulations!

what ‘s time you submit I-360 ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I have a situation after my I-360 was approved my I-485 was transferred as follows:

1. from VSC to NBC
  2. Then NBC to NYC Local Office
  3. Now from NYC Local Office to St. Albans Local office.

I live in Manhattan NY, any reason they would transfer to an out of state local office for processing? I did call USCIS and even though they were being really strict in talking about my case over the phone, asking me to write to the VAWA Unit at VSC the person transferred me to L2 office who explained that it was done for faster processing but I never received a notice. Checking the processing time for St. Albans my receipt date is two months past the current month they processing.

Anyone with similar experience? 

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Claudia16049 said:

congratulations!

what ‘s time you submit I-360 ?

Filed I360/485/765 on Oct 2016

Aug 2016 rfe for abuse  and first narriage divorce decree (not translated)

denied on May 2018 as divorce decree was not translated.

Filed I 290B motion to reopen with translated divorce decree in June 2018 .

16 Oct 2018 reopened and 19 October 2018 motion for I 360 approved with message of they produced my new card...hope it helps.

thx

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
46 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Hi @sandranj!

I know I am required to change my address with USCIS every time I move. Now that I have my GC, do I still fall under VAWA and have to mail in the change of address or can I do it online like the other GC holders?

I did it online and didn't have an issue when I had GC and moved. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 10/19/2018 at 7:48 AM, shayona said:

Hello everyone, 

Great news, USCIS has extended for I-693 (medical exam) validity period for two years. Please check the following link; 

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/Updates/20181016-I-693Validity.pdf

Its a great favor for all who has pending AOS while waiting for VAWA approval. 

God bless all !!!

Praise the Lord!

20 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

@MGJ_NY They won’t send you anything about it being on hold. You just have to be patient and wait. Everything is okay and you don’t need to worry. 

After VAWA approval, one day they will send you your new interview notice. 

Thank you @iwillsurvive! I hope I get my EAD renewal and AP soon coz it just expired this month. Btw, Congratulations on your approval and hope you get your GC very soon! 🙏

24 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

Thank you @iwillsurvive! I hope I get my EAD renewal and AP soon coz it just expired this month. Btw, Congratulations on your approval and hope you get your GC very soon! 🙏

Did you file I-765 and I-131with the Vermont Service Center? As a VAWA filer, they are responsible for you. 

For I-131 and I-765, their processing times are 3-5 months currently. You are considered outside of processing times if you filed on May 23rd, 2018 or earlier. Anything after that is considerer within normal processing times. 

14 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Did you file I-765 and I-131with the Vermont Service Center? As a VAWA filer, they are responsible for you. 

For I-131 and I-765, their processing times are 3-5 months currently. You are considered outside of processing times if you filed on May 23rd, 2018 or earlier. Anything after that is considerer within normal processing times. 

My lawyer filed my renewal under my I485 at NBC on August. We didn’t file it together with VAWA. How is that going to affect my case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.