2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, sandranj said:

The question says “ever” that being said anytime in your life if you worked in the U.S without work permit you should mention and explain why.You won’t be punished if you worked without work permit before filing Vawa but you should not work without work permit after you submitted your Vawa application.

Hi @sandranj

Do they have a way to find out if anybody currently pending VAWA has worked illegally before they approve I-360? What are the consequences? Will they ask this question at AOS interview?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, nap_o said:

Hi @sandranj

Do they have a way to find out if anybody currently pending VAWA has worked illegally before they approve I-360? What are the consequences? Will they ask this question at AOS interview?

Yes they have ways to find out,specially if they call people that you know and this is possible.How can you explain that you are here for months or years without working?,you better have prove that you had money to survive until now without working. DO NOT LIE TO IMMIGRATION!.

Last year I had one case that the survivor stayed in someone’s house for a few months after the abuse ,the person is her father’s friend and the guy is married. The guy gave her an affidavit stating she was in his house for a few months.USCIS discovered the wife name and cellphone and they called the guy’s wife asking if she knew xxxx and if she stayed in her house for a while.. The survivor posted here about it.Working without authorization BEFORE  filing Vawa will not affect your case .

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear @sandranj

Please guide me on my case. I’m in the process of preparing VAWA. I left my abusive husband and now living with my sister. I didn’t report him to police when he abused me but when I left him, he’s spreading false accusations against me to all the family. He went on different houses of his relatives and spreads false statements which harmed my reputation. Can I file an restraining order against him?

Thank you 🙏

2 minutes ago, Shelly10 said:

Dear @sandranj

Please guide me on my case. I’m in the process of preparing VAWA. I left my abusive husband and now living with my sister. I didn’t report him to police when he abused me but when I left him, he’s spreading false accusations against me to all the family. He went on different houses of his relatives and spreads false statements which harmed my reputation. Can I file an restraining order against him?

Thank you 🙏

Yes, if you have evidence then you can file a restraining order. There will be a hearing in court, so just be prepared that you will have to see him there. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Yes, if you have evidence then you can file a restraining order. There will be a hearing in court, so just be prepared that you will have to see him there. 

Thanks for guiding me. Yes I have an evidences. 

7 minutes ago, Shelly10 said:

Thanks for guiding me. Yes I have an evidences. 

I don’t believe you need any evidence to get restraining order. It’s your life and you have right to protect it if you fear danger. I have got restraining order 3x and renewed and was granted all. Judge never ask me any questions or evidence 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Shelly10 said:

Dear @sandranj

Thank you 🙏

Go to the police to denounce him if the abuse was physical, in some States they file a late police report.  You can get a restraining order for harassment.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Jhn said:

I don’t believe you need any evidence to get restraining order. It’s your life and you have right to protect it if you fear danger. I have got restraining order 3x and renewed and was granted all. Judge never ask me any questions or evidence 

Yes you have a point. That’s good to hear.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Go to the police to denounce him if the abuse was physical, in some States they file a late police report.  You can get a restraining order for harassment.

I will file a restraining order for harassment. Thanks Sandra!

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey everyone, I'm in need of some help.

Does anyone know if online counseling/therapy is considered and credited? 

I'm having a really hard time with the psychological evaluation, I feel really overwhelmed about all of this and want to start at least talk therapy with someone. 

10 hours ago, sandranj said:

The question says “ever” that being said anytime in your life if you worked in the U.S without work permit you should mention and explain why.You won’t be punished if you worked without work permit before filing Vawa but you should not work without work permit after you submitted your Vawa application.

Thank you sandra for your answering What is confusing me that this question refer to before I got work permit or after I got it !! Sandra please I need your help for one more question More important for me , when I wrote check for USCIS for filing fee for I 485 I put the day before the month on the check which it already sent it to them couple days ago what I Did exactly 14/10/2018 I am So So worry Now .. I just noticed Now ,, What Do you think , What will happen Now to cause Now ? 

I am sorry Sandra to ask you two questions in the same time , please I need your help .

2 hours ago, xoxox said:

Thank you sandra for your answering What is confusing me that this question refer to before I got work permit or after I got it !! Sandra please I need your help for one more question More important for me , when I wrote check for USCIS for filing fee for I 485 I put the day before the month on the check which it already sent it to them couple days ago what I Did exactly 14/10/2018 I am So So worry Now .. I just noticed Now ,, What Do you think , What will happen Now to cause Now ? 

I am sorry Sandra to ask you two questions in the same time , please I need your help .

My suggestion ,,Just wait,, if it is incorrect they will send it back to you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.