2,949 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ziongirl said:

Thank you so much am not sure what to tell you in particular,  when you just told me I had a strong case I believed I met someone online who understood my predicament,  when all hope was gone you brought hope in me. God comes through people like you to uplift His people.

I had one I 485 form pending but later they gave me denial, my question is should I file a new one? And my medicals have expired do i get one to send along with the new I 485 forms? 

What’s your local office and their current I-485 processing times? If they are close to 12 months, I would wait to re-do the medical until you get your interview notice just so that it doesn’t expire again if it takes more than one year to have your interview scheduled. You can bring the medical to the interview. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ziongirl said:

Thank you so much am not sure what to tell you in particular,  when you just told me I had a strong case I believed I met someone online who understood my predicament,  when all hope was gone you brought hope in me. God comes through people like you to uplift His people.

I had one I 485 form pending but later they gave me denial, my question is should I file a new one? And my medicals have expired do i get one to send along with the new I 485 forms? 

Submit the AOS now and later on submit the medical exam, wait at least 6 months after you submitted the AOS to submit the medical exam.

Thank you for the  kind words.God is faithful .

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 hours ago, Ziongirl said:

First of all I want to take this chance to thank God, sandraj and everyone for your moral support, I remember when I posted my issue the only response she gave was, yes you have a strong case and you will have an approval. My case was due to mental, sexual, financial, and physical abuse but with physical I never reported it, so It was just in my affidavit,  I went to the ywca and because I had just gone there for 1 week the just wrote a two sentence letter asking the person who will receive the letter that they are assisting me.

2: I had a restraining order valid for I think 14days

3. Marriage certificate 

4. Our lease

4 bank statement 

5: a letter from one friend, because everyone did not want to associate with me.

6: my 6 pages my affidavit 

7: and form i 360

I was not able to obtain a moral character report from the police and yes i was waiting for their letter requesting the same.

15 June 2017 -i sent the package 

19th june _ package recieved 

No request for moral character report,  no premia facia and I was not sure what was happening. 

Total silence until 15th oct 2018 form I 360 approved

I feel blessed very blessed.

this brought tears to my eyes, I can totally relate how you probably felt... specially during those moments when we feel hopeless and in a deep confusion bc we don't really know whats going on. Thanks for sharing your I-360 Journey. God is amazing and I know he's in charge of all of us. 

Timeline
On 10/15/2018 at 2:36 PM, Ziongirl said:

Hi everyone, today I just got approved, I filed in June last year. Am grateful to God and wish all of you waiting on God that he is a miracle working God

Congrats!! So happy for you! Did you use a lawyer? Could you share your timeline? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, sandranj said:

Submit the AOS now and later on submit the medical exam, wait at least 6 months after you submitted the AOS to submit the medical exam.

Thank you for the  kind words.God is faithful .

God is great! I pray for all of our VisaJouney members! There is hope!

On 8/1/2018 at 3:00 PM, Totoro_J said:

My case was approved today!!!

Special thanks to @sandranj for your help and suggestion, and for people here support me through your positive posts and PMs.

My timeline as follow:

Apr-05-2017 : i-360 packet @ Vermont Center

Apr-21-2017 : Receipt Date for i360

May-26-2017 : Prima Facie received

May-31-2017: i485, 765, 131 @ Vermont Center

Jun-12-2017: Receipt Notice for 485, 765 and 131

Jul-10-2017: More recent abuse evidence sent to Vermont.

Aug-15-2017: Combo card EAD/AP in hand.

Apr-30-2018: 765/131 Renewal packet sent.

Jun-01-2018: EAD/AP combo card (c09) mailed.

Jun-04-2018: Card in hand.

Jul-20-2018: i-360 Card Production

Jul-27-2018: EAD Card (c31) in hand

Aug-01-2018: i-360 Approved! No single RFE.

About my vawa package,  over 120 pages, including:

- Marriage certificates.

- My 2 pages personal statement.

- 2 other statements from family member, who witnesses the abuse.

- Wedding pictures, family events pictures.

- Joint bank account statements

- Patient note from licensed counselor in domestic violence. I attended 7 sessions over 4 months.

- And other documents for good moral character.

Now I am waiting for AOS interview.

Good luck to everyone still have pending application and congratulation to recent approvals! Thank you!

are you male or female? what kind of abuse did yu suffer

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
13 hours ago, bebetho said:

this brought tears to my eyes, I can totally relate how you probably felt... specially during those moments when we feel hopeless and in a deep confusion bc we don't really know whats going on. Thanks for sharing your I-360 Journey. God is amazing and I know he's in charge of all of us. 

My local office is Lawrence MA

On 10/15/2018 at 5:35 PM, sandranj said:

After approving  your AOS file form I-824 and after 10/12 months  your child will be here.

Hi Sandra,

I want to understand this I-824 properly.

My children were never in the US,they were born from my previous marriage.

Does it me, when I have approved AOS, i can immediately file form I-824 for them? Despite they were never in the US,nor part of the abuse? 

Or will i still have to file I-130?

Thank you for your response.

Good Morning

There's a question in 485 applications which it ask about have you ever worked in USA without authorization can you please explain what is this question mean / are they asking before I get the work permit or after how to answer this question ? Would effect any thing if the answer for this question was yes ? 

Thanks .

Timeline
1 hour ago, xoxox said:

Good Morning

There's a question in 485 applications which it ask about have you ever worked in USA without authorization can you please explain what is this question mean / are they asking before I get the work permit or after how to answer this question ? Would effect any thing if the answer for this question was yes ? 

Thanks .

The question says “ever” that being said anytime in your life if you worked in the U.S without work permit you should mention and explain why.You won’t be punished if you worked without work permit before filing Vawa but you should not work without work permit after you submitted your Vawa application.

Timeline
5 hours ago, FavouredOne said:

Hi Sandra,

I want to understand this I-824 properly.

My children were never in the US,they were born from my previous marriage.

Does it me, when I have approved AOS, i can immediately file form I-824 for them? Despite they were never in the US,nor part of the abuse? 

Or will i still have to file I-130?

Thank you for your response.

The requirement to lived in the U.S before  doesn’t apply to your  deratives(your kids).You can file l824.

Edited by sandranj

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm new here, just signed up.

I stumbled across this forum recently, and I love the positive energy that everyone has on here and the positive support that everyone gives, please keep up the great work!

To all who have waited so patiently, and finally got their approvals and GC, Big Congratulations to you all as this process is so nerve wracking.

To all still waiting for an approval, either recently applied or waiting for many months or years, please hang in there, the approvals will happen sooner than later by God's mighty grace. Don't give up the fight!!!

Here's hoping that congress makes the processing time a whole lot faster so that people have the peace and focus of mind to work and to pursue their dreams, because the more people who are given the opportunity to work, the more productive and buoyant the economy will be.

Good luck everyone!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.