2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello sandranj, I have very serious question. Few days back my husband threatened me again that he gonna call ICE and bring ICE agent by next court hearing date for on going divorce process if I wouldn't sign the divorce papers per his demands.  Is it possible that he can bring ICE with him and get me arrested in court as I am currently out of status with my visa ? He keeps threatening me of deportation by texts and emails repeatedly. I already have submitted VAWA petition a month back, can I use this new evidence as continuous threats  with my possible RFE in future ? Thanks in advance. 

Edited by shayona

1 hour ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi everyone! So I received an RFE for bonafide marriage and good conduct. I was actually waiting an RFE for the abuse because we didn’t send my psychological evaluation yet. So if my lawyer sends all the evidence needed for the bonafide marriage, can she just inlcude the psychological evaluation or just wait for another RFE for the abuse? She wants to wait until they send another RFE. But isn’t better if we just send it all together so they won’t have to send another RFE and probably delay my case? Any thoughts pls? @iwillsurvive @sandranj

You should send exactly what you are asked, maybe your personal statement was enough to prove abuse, but if the evaluation contains information about your relationship, then it will be a good idea to add it, this is my personal opinion, and you should also wait for others to answer your question.

Edited by Ilo

57 minutes ago, shayona said:

Hello sandranj, I have very serious question. Few days back my husband threatened me again that he gonna call ICE and bring ICE agent by next court hearing date for on going divorce process if I wouldn't sign the divorce papers per his demands.  Is it possible that he can bring ICE with him and get me arrested in court as I am currently out of status with my visa ? He keeps threatening me of deportation by texts and emails repeatedly. I already have submitted VAWA petition a month back, can I use this new evidence as continuous threats  with my possible RFE in future ? Thanks in advance. 

Don’t worry, ICE does not have the time to accompany anyone for a non-criminal alien who has a pending petition with USCIS.  He is just trying to scare you and have control over you even after you broke up. It’s the same cycle of abuse. You need to block his number so he can’t contact you anymore. Do not communicate with him. Cut him out. 

1 hour ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi everyone! So I received an RFE for bonafide marriage and good conduct. I was actually waiting an RFE for the abuse because we didn’t send my psychological evaluation yet. So if my lawyer sends all the evidence needed for the bonafide marriage, can she just inlcude the psychological evaluation or just wait for another RFE for the abuse? She wants to wait until they send another RFE. But isn’t better if we just send it all together so they won’t have to send another RFE and probably delay my case? Any thoughts pls? @iwillsurvive @sandranj

I suggest you only reply with what you are being asked. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, shayona said:

He can denounce you to ICE, but he can't bring ICE to the Court date. ICE shows up when they want,they will not go to a specific place together with the  person who denounced you, and in case you see any ICE agent just show that you filed VAWA, and you will be fine. DO NOT SHOW your VAWA papers in Court to your husband or to his attorney.

Threat of deportation after the separation  doesn't have much weigh, the abuse must have happened when you were living with your husband.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, MGJ_NY said:

2 hours ago, MGJ_NY said:

If you received an RFE just for bonafide marriage and good moral character then you satisfied the Service regarding abuse and they wil not issue another RFE for abuse. If you want to submit then submit now, but clearly, they considered you were abused.

Make sure you gather affidavits from your family(mother/siblings), if they don't speak English they can write in their native language and you must include complete translation ok.  

1 minute ago, Poupis said:

Hi, my receipt date is Nov 2, 2017. I had a RFE and I respond Apr/2018 for bonafide and good conduct.

When should I expect news? Approval or another RFE?

Thank you

On USCIS processing timline, you would get their response after 60 days you sent RFE but until you didn't get anything. You can make infopass or send a letter to ask their response for your REF.

20 minutes ago, Poupis said:

Hi, my receipt date is Nov 2, 2017. I had a RFE and I respond Apr/2018 for bonafide and good conduct.

When should I expect news? Approval or another RFE?

Thank you

Sounds like this would have been an initial RFE

USCIS is currently working on June/July 2017. They are taking at least 16 months to adjudicate your petition, so you won’t hear until at least March 2019. 

16 minutes ago, Hanna Bui said:

On USCIS processing timline, you would get their response after 60 days you sent RFE but until you didn't get anything. You can make infopass or send a letter to ask their response for your REF.

This was an initial RFE, which is different. Regular processing times still apply. The 60 day rule is for RFE’s that are issued when they adjudicate the petition, not when they initally look over it. 

4 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Sounds like this would have been an initial RFE

USCIS is currently working on June/July 2017. They are taking at least 16 months to adjudicate your petition, so you won’t hear until at least March 2019. 

This was an initial RFE, which is different. Regular processing times still apply. The 60 day rule is for RFE’s that are issued when they adjudicate the petition, not when they initally look over it. 

I think if she received request to submit bonafide and good conduct, it is request for additional evidence, not innitial REF.

I am learning more vawa. Thks for your correction.

Filed: Other Timeline

My receipt date was Feb 21,2017. The current processing time for vawa shows March 06, 2017. 

Should I submit a notarized letter to Vermont to ask about my case outside normal processing times, schedule an info pass at local office and ask from there or do both?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, aquila said:

My receipt date was Feb 21,2017. The current processing time for vawa shows March 06, 2017. 

Should I submit a notarized letter to Vermont to ask about my case outside normal processing times, schedule an info pass at local office and ask from there or do both?

Thanks

I think the best way is you should submit a notarized letter to Vermont to ask about your case outside normal processing times.

I had made 3 times of inforpass but i got useful nothing. 

You can ask congress office to support you on your representative. I did it, very helpful.

Best of luck.

Edited by Hanna Bui

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.