2,949 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I filed i-485 and i-360 concurrently in October 2016. Vawa was approved in July 2018. And in August 2018 my I-485 was transferred to my local office. My question is - what's the i-485 case inquiry date? August 2018 when the case was transferred to my local office? Or October 2016 when it was originally filed?

I'm curious to estimate my i-485 interview.

27 minutes ago, Tony1912 said:

Hello everyone! I filed i-485 and i-360 concurrently in October 2016. Vawa was approved in July 2018. And in August 2018 my I-485 was transferred to my local office. My question is - what's the i-485 case inquiry date? August 2018 when the case was transferred to my local office? Or October 2016 when it was originally filed?

Sandra advised that it is the VAWA approval date/the date your local office receives your I-485. So when processing times say X-Y months, use “X”/the first number. 

1 hour ago, Aburi2018 said:

@JonShai what did they say when u applied for financial aid?Some people have no knowledge about it though.

1 hour ago, Aburi2018 said:

@JonShai what did they say when u applied for financial aid?Some people have no knowledge about it though.

@Aburi2018

They sent the information I sent them to the Department of Education and then I got an email that the information has been successfully processed. However, whenever I log into the fafsa account, it says USCIS cannot or has not yet confirmed that I am eligible to receive financial aid. Which is exactly what my school is saying too. 

I sent the PF to them. What other evidence can I send?

I am new on this forum and looking for advice:

PD: Dec 17,2017

NOA: I-485, I-765, I-360 1/8/18

RFE: Good moral character 2/2/18

Bio: 2/6/18

Response to RFE: 3/5/18

Prima Facie received: 3/25/18

No EAD!!!!! Please advice what I can do to request one. I did a request by phone and was sent a letter from uscis that because of the nature of the case they are unable to respond to online or phone inquiries. 

My lawyer and I sent them a letter in May and one in August and nothing yet.

I also went to an infopass in August and nothing!!!!

1 minute ago, JonShai said:

I am new on this forum and looking for advice:

PD: Dec 17,2017

NOA: I-485, I-765, I-360 1/8/18

RFE: Good moral character 2/2/18

Bio: 2/6/18

Response to RFE: 3/5/18

Prima Facie received: 3/25/18

No EAD!!!!! Please advice what I can do to request one. I did a request by phone and was sent a letter from uscis that because of the nature of the case they are unable to respond to online or phone inquiries. 

My lawyer and I sent them a letter in May and one in August and nothing yet.

I also went to an infopass in August and nothing!!!!

What category did you put on your I-765?

If category C9, you should receive your EAD 3-5 months after submitting I-765. If category c31, you will only receive your EAD after VAWA approval. 

You can’t get any info over the phone as a VAWA petitioner. 

40 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

What category did you put on your I-765?

If category C9, you should receive your EAD 3-5 months after submitting I-765. If category c31, you will only receive your EAD after VAWA approval. 

You can’t get any info over the phone as a VAWA petitioner. 

@iwillsurvive I submitted under category c9 and it has been almost 9 months but no EAD

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, Tony1912 said:

Wow so technically you went through the whole time span of 21 months for processing and approval. Feb 17 filed and still counting for me.

Congrats on your approval.

From what I know and read, it starts from the time your local office receives your case (485), then the count down begins based on the processing times shown for your local office on 485 cases.

6 hours ago, Aburi2018 said:

@JonShai thank you for clarification.I sent out a request for an extension.

-For financial aid,the first time I applied in this school they rejected the prima facie and said I couldn’t get financial aid with it.I came back again after 5 months,googled the information online showing I was eligible for financial aid with Prima facie and showed my admission representative.He took it to the financial aid’s office of the school and they did their research and contacted me saying i qualified.

It’s hard to get approved for pell grant or any other financial aid. You will need a social security. Also it depends in your state. Eventually,  You will need to be able to pay back. 

8 hours ago, JonShai said:

@iwillsurvive I submitted under category c9 and it has been almost 9 months but no EAD

I would go through the normal steps of submitting a claim that your are out of regular processing times (can be done on the processing times website), have your attorney or yourself go to an InfoPass appointment, contact the senator, contact the ombudsman, etc. 

37 minutes ago, Tony1912 said:

Does anyone whose i-360 approved in 2018 have their i-485 already scheduled?

I’m still waiting. A lot of local offices have I-485 processing times of close to 12 months, so I think a lot of us have to wait until next year unfortunately. 

Edited by iwillsurvive

38 minutes ago, Ingodshands94 said:

MY CASE WAS APPROVED TODAY!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!

On august 28th I received an email that my card was on production under my I-360. Because of the other VJ members that received this email before their approval I was in hope that this would be the case for me too. However, I still didn't want to believe it or celebrate it. I wanted to see the word APPROVED. This process was so painful and difficult that I wanted to be sure before putting my hopes up. Receiving this email means the world to me. I cant contain the joy.. I'm at work right now and went to the bathroom so y could jump, scream, cry. 

For all of you still waiting, please be patient. It is hard. I know. But this day will come for all of you. I promise. Have faith!! If there is anything I can help any of you in this process please let me know. 

May god bless you all and guide you throught this journey.

My timeline:

May 15th 2017: I-360 Receipt Date

June 9th 2017: 1st Prima Facie

March 14th 2017: I-485 Interview This was for the case my ex husband had filed for me. I went to the interview by my self as asked the immigration officer to hold this case until VAWA approval.

December 11th 2017: 2nd Prima Facie

June 7th 2018: 3rd Prima Facie

June 1st 2018: EAD (C9) Receipt Date

I didn't have a bio-metric apportionment for this EAD because they used my old ones. 

July 19th 2018: EAD (C9) in hand

August 28th 2018: Card under production for form I-360

September 5th 2018: Card was mailed to me for form I-360

September 6th 2018: Your case was approved.

*No RFE's

What I sent:

My personal affidavit which was 16 pages long. I explained everything into deep detail from romance to abuse.  

Police Report stating that I had visible injuries and describing the whole incident

2 Restringing Orders (1 from family court, 1 from criminal court)

2 psychological evaluations 

Letter from the shelter where I stayed

Copy of our joint credit cards

Pictures just of our wedding

I was concerned about proving we lived together because we didn't have any joint bank account just a credit card account, no insurance, no bills, we lived with his parents so we didn't pay rent. In his declaration to the police he stated that he lived with me at his parents so I guess this also helped. 

Best of luck to all of you!!!

a1.jpg

Congrats 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dharmaraj said:

Congrats 

Congratulation Dear

2 hours ago, Dharmaraj said:

Congrats 

3 hours ago, Ingodshands94 said:

MY CASE WAS APPROVED TODAY!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!

On august 28th I received an email that my card was on production under my I-360. Because of the other VJ members that received this email before their approval I was in hope that this would be the case for me too. However, I still didn't want to believe it or celebrate it. I wanted to see the word APPROVED. This process was so painful and difficult that I wanted to be sure before putting my hopes up. Receiving this email means the world to me. I cant contain the joy.. I'm at work right now and went to the bathroom so y could jump, scream, cry. 

For all of you still waiting, please be patient. It is hard. I know. But this day will come for all of you. I promise. Have faith!! If there is anything I can help any of you in this process please let me know. 

May god bless you all and guide you throught this journey.

My timeline:

May 15th 2017: I-360 Receipt Date

June 9th 2017: 1st Prima Facie

March 14th 2017: I-485 Interview This was for the case my ex husband had filed for me. I went to the interview by my self as asked the immigration officer to hold this case until VAWA approval.

December 11th 2017: 2nd Prima Facie

June 7th 2018: 3rd Prima Facie

June 1st 2018: EAD (C9) Receipt Date

I didn't have a bio-metric apportionment for this EAD because they used my old ones. 

July 19th 2018: EAD (C9) in hand

August 28th 2018: Card under production for form I-360

September 5th 2018: Card was mailed to me for form I-360

September 6th 2018: Your case was approved.

*No RFE's

What I sent:

My personal affidavit which was 16 pages long. I explained everything into deep detail from romance to abuse.  

Police Report stating that I had visible injuries and describing the whole incident

2 Restringing Orders (1 from family court, 1 from criminal court)

2 psychological evaluations 

Letter from the shelter where I stayed

Copy of our joint credit cards

Pictures just of our wedding

I was concerned about proving we lived together because we didn't have any joint bank account just a credit card account, no insurance, no bills, we lived with his parents so we didn't pay rent. In his declaration to the police he stated that he lived with me at his parents so I guess this also helped. 

Best of luck to all of you!!!

a1.jpg

Congratulation Dear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.