848 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, HTM27 said:

I got my renewal EAD in September (applied in January), just a couple weeks before the 6 month extension, so IΒ just barely avoided that disaster....

Wow! Congratulations!

Gotcha, at least that’s sorted out. Not being able to remain working would have been the absolute worst.
Β 

22 hours ago, NYLondon said:

We received an email from USCIS this morning that said "We have taken action on your case", and to log in.Β  We did, and we got this!!!

"November 7, 2019

Case Was Approved

On November 07, 2019, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXX. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. "

Β 

Β 

Finally!Β  Hoping everyone else waiting gets their notice soon too.Β  The last three weeks were torture.Β  This whole process has been torture.Β  Here's to not worrying about it for a year at least!

Β 

Β 

Congrats! πŸŽˆπŸ˜ƒ

h

3 hours ago, LizM said:

Guys, yesterday I saw on my Informed Delivery that I was getting something from USCIS. I was disappointed after I was able to (barely) make out the text on the first line as being ”application for employment authorization and advanced”.Β They’re just sending me another combo card.

Β 

However, today my I-485 status was updated to Card/Document Production. And when I track it I can see that the cardΒ will be here Tuesday! I feel incredibly relieved. And ready to be done with USCIS for another year and nine months. I’m going to renew my expired ID, get my driver’s license, book travel, and respond to requests from work about my expiring work authorization extensionΒ :)Β 

Β 

It took them seven weeks post interview to approve so everyone who’s stuck should not give up hope for a good result despite delays.

Congratulations πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ Β even though 7 weeks was kind of absurdity πŸ™„ but I promise you’ll have your gc in one week after that update and no more USCIS for the next year and 9 monthsπŸŽ‰

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Got my interview dated scheduled, finally!Β 

Β 

I filed from New York City in Aug 2018, and Interview date is for Dec 18th.Β 

Adjusting from TN to Green Card through marriage

July 5th, 2018 Married in New York

Aug 7, 2018 -Β AOSΒ package sentΒ  (I-485, I-130,Β I-130A, I-864, I-131, I-765Β )

Aug 17, 2018 - Received NOAsΒ via e-notification (email/text)

Aug 29 - RFE request for missing form

Sept 6, 2018 - Biometrics appointment

Sep 10th, 2018 - Requested USCIS to expediteΒ EADΒ underΒ "severe financial loss"Β 

Sep 16th, 2018 - Received letter from USCIS requestingΒ  documents toΒ  support expediting of EAD

Sep 16th, 2018 - Documents supportingΒ EADΒ expedite faxed to USCIS

Sep 25th, 2018 - Requested help from congressman, they've filed on their behalf

Oct 3rd, 2018 - Told by congressman that USCIS has rejected my request to expedite

Oct 3rd, 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

Oct 10, 2018 - Received update that my EAD card is in production

Oct 16, 2018 - Received EAD and AP combo card in mail!

Nov 8, 2019 - Got an email saying my Interviewed is scheduled (finally!)

Dec 18, 2019 - GC Interview

Dec 19, 2019 - I-485 and I-130 approved! Green card ordered :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, frankiebean said:

Got my interview dated scheduled, finally!Β 

Β 

I filed from New York City in Aug 2018, and Interview date is for Dec 18th.Β 

my pd is july 2018 and got my interview for Dec 16

Β 

we are almost there !!!! : ) :)Β 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Another NYC (Brooklyn) filer, filed onΒ September 28th 2018, interview is on December 5th! I got a pleasant surprise as I had been getting ready to apply for my EAD extension, but got the interviewΒ date instead!Β 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Great to hear 2018 is coming up for interviews.Β  My PD is July 17th 2018, hopeful that I get some form of good news this year...

3 minutes ago, LizM said:

Are you kidding? 9 months for an EAD? Did you get an RFIE or do you know why they were super slow

No idea- no RFE. Maybe because of the shutdown? Or because or expedite request ended up slowing things down?

Β 

Anyway this may actually work out well since we'll be past the 2 year mark by the time the interview date rolls around.

On 11/12/2019 at 8:50 PM, LizM said:

Are you kidding? 9 months for an EAD? Did you get an RFIE or do you know why they were super slow

Β 

On 11/12/2019 at 8:49 PM, slow_brooklyn said:

Just got interview date in BK. Applied early November, date is just before Christmas. So about 13.5 months in total.

Β 

EAD took 9 months...

wow great news:-) i'm early Dec 2018 Brkln filler so im getting more and more exited that something may actually move forward soon for me as well, and yes, my EAD took 8 months,,,smh..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Got the magical text this morning "your case has been updated".Β  Jumped on and the interview has been scheduled, can't wait to see that the date of the interview...Β Β 

3 hours ago, carndees said:

Got the magical text this morning "your case has been updated".Β  Jumped on and the interview has been scheduled, can't wait to see that the date of the interview...Β Β 

call USCIS and ask for a tier 2 so that they can call you back with the date

2 hours ago, HTM27 said:

Got the notice today on my i-485 that 'card is being produced'. That's 2 months post interview with the 'case must be reviewed' status. PD date was March 2018😍🐒😍

Connections πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ 2018 filers almost doneπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.