848 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
23 hours ago, Kr0k1et said:

I checked the status of my case now and wow there is an update!!!- "on November 20th 2019 your interview was scheduled" 🙂 I have my uscis account as well and tel# there for updates but I haven't received any txt with this update. I hope to get a notice with interview date before Thanksgiving (I have usps informed delivery so I'll be checking every morning for it now:-) I know I can call Tier 2 for the date, but so busy before Thanksgiving i don't think i will find time to do it 😂😀😃😆

I'm a Brooklyn filler with PD December 10th 2018.

yes, i also have my phone and email in uscis account but didnt get notifications sent. just the tracker app notifies me 

On 11/24/2019 at 1:32 PM, Kr0k1et said:

I checked the status of my case now and wow there is an update!!!- "on November 20th 2019 your interview was scheduled" 🙂 I have my uscis account as well and tel# there for updates but I haven't received any txt with this update. I hope to get a notice with interview date before Thanksgiving (I have usps informed delivery so I'll be checking every morning for it now:-) I know I can call Tier 2 for the date, but so busy before Thanksgiving i don't think i will find time to do it 😂😀😃😆

I'm a Brooklyn filler with PD December 10th 2018.

I received a notice in mail today-my interview date id January 9th 2020 😀

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday Tuesday December 3rd, I had my interview at Federal Plaza on 7th floor. My wife and I got there pretty early, almost 1 1/2 ahead of interview schedule. I did not foresee that there as a significant wait time just to check in to get your biometrics done picture/fingerprint. We waited in line for over an hour and over another hour and a half just waiting to get called in. We literally did not get called in for the interview until 2 hours after scheduled interview time. 

Anyways interview went well, it literally took 5 mins. We got called in, this is exactly what he asked

• Where we got married and asked for pics
    • Gave our wedding Album
  • Asked for financial Documents
    • Joint Tax return
    • Copy of purchase offer for house
  • Asked for our birth certificate
  • Asked if we worked

Interviewing officer was  very neutral, not rude but not smiling either. At the end of the interview he got up he said everything looks great and that I should be getting the card in the mail within the month.

My wife and I were starving so we decided to eat around the are. Literally 2 hours after the interview checked the app and status said that card is ordered to be produced!!

My suggestion, if possible please please please arrive 3 hours earlier than interview.

Good luck everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

congratulations @dc91226   thanks for sharing your experience.

few questions.: before going to the waiting room ,  you have to do your fingerprints and picture done? is this done to beneficiary or both?  did the officer ask questions about social media, government help? anything about that expired medical form? you took only wedding photos?

Again thanks for sharing your experience,  i will have my interview in 2 weeks.   

23 minutes ago, nypc11 said:

congratulations @dc91226   thanks for sharing your experience.

few questions.: before going to the waiting room ,  you have to do your fingerprints and picture done? is this done to beneficiary or both?  did the officer ask questions about social media, government help? anything about that expired medical form? you took only wedding photos?

Again thanks for sharing your experience,  i will have my interview in 2 weeks.   

The fingerprints and photo is just to confirm it is truly you who is scheduled for the interview. It's facial recognition and fingerprint matching. 

No questions asked to social media, no to government help.

I brought my medical exam to the interview, my lawyer advised to get it done closer to interview due to the wait times for the interview scheduling.

We took our wedding photo album, bought an album just for the interview. We had printed pictures from over the years. We brought a plethora of documents, anything that had BOTH of our names on it we brought.

Good luck! Everything will be fine!

On 12/4/2019 at 11:28 AM, dc91226 said:

Anyways interview went well, it literally took 5 mins.

At the end of the interview he got up he said everything looks great and that I should be getting the card in the mail within the month.

Fascinating. Our interview was Monday (Dec 2nd) at Federal Plaza as well, and went a little different. The interview took close to an hour!

Registration was quick and easy, but we waited for the actual interview for almost 2h.

Once we were called in and sworn in, we were asked for our identity docs (passports, birth certificates, marriage certificate, SSNs). The officer checked all of these against the copies we had filled, including my expired passports. She spent quite some time flipping through our (massive) file trying to find the right pages.

We talked at length about our relationship. My SO described how we met, I talked about Thanksgiving, my relationship with his parents and how we got engaged and what our wedding was like. We were asked about each other's families and when we met them, the full names and ages of our parents and siblings, when and where we were born, each other's work history, when and where we went to school, all the places we've lived together, what our time living abroad was like. Basically, we went over and confirmed all our answers from our I-485, and then some.

It didn't feel like an interrogation though, she was very engaged in our stories, responsive and good-humored.

That makes me think how the interview goes down *really* depends on the officer. Ours might've been a bit more junior — she stumbled over the question in part 8 of the I-485 a bit specifically. We did not get an approval on the spot, I think because she wasn't sure if I needed to redo my medical. Basically same story as @LizMs interview. Really bummed out about this. I've spent a lot of time researching the validity of the medical and nothing in the official documentation states I would need to redo it.

We had front-loaded our application with a lot of evidence and submitted a few new docs and pictures at the interview. She took it all at the end of the interview without looking at it. We were told we'll have an answer within 120 days and a potential RFE for the medical within a week. I hope that means we could also get an approval instead of the RFE within the week, but who knows 🤷‍♀️

Edited by pizzaday

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
34 minutes ago, pizzaday said:

Fascinating. Our interview was Monday (Dec 2nd) at Federal Plaza as well, and went a little different. The interview took close to an hour!

Registration was quick and easy, but we waited for the actual interview for almost 2h.

Once we were called in and sworn in, we were asked for our identity docs (passports, birth certificates, marriage certificate, SSNs). The officer checked all of these against the copies we had filled, including my expired passports. She spent quite some time flipping through our (massive) file trying to find the right pages.

We talked at length about our relationship. My SO described how we met, I talked about Thanksgiving, my relationship with his parents and how we got engaged and what our wedding was like. We were asked about each other's families and when we met them, the full names and ages of our parents and siblings, when and where we were born, each other's work history, when and where we went to school, all the places we've lived together, what our time living abroad was like. Basically, we went over and confirmed all our answers from our I-485, and then some.

It didn't feel like an interrogation though, she was very engaged in our stories, responsive and good-humored.

That makes me think how the interview goes down *really* depends on the officer. Ours might've been a bit more junior — she stumbled over the question in part 8 of the I-485 a bit specifically. We did not get an approval on the spot, I think because she wasn't sure if I needed to redo my medical. Basically same story as @LizMs interview. Really bummed out about this. I've spent a lot of time researching the validity of the medical and nothing in the official documentation states I would need to redo it.

We had front-loaded our application with a lot of evidence and submitted a few new docs and pictures at the interview. She took it all at the end of the interview without looking at it. We were told we'll have an answer within 120 days and a potential RFE for the medical within a week. I hope that means we could also get an approval instead of the RFE within the week, but who knows 🤷‍♀️

Funny we had our interview on December 2nd at 26 Federal plaza but ours was so different.  It took about and hour in that hour he looked through our file, typed on the computer, talked about previous cases, his ex-wife , his love for food , a few questions about us, went our the yes and no questions.  At the end he told us we were approved and should get the GC in 10 days. He never asked to see one piece of evidence ( we were confused). However, the next morning we got an update that the card is being produced. 

He has worked there for 15 years, maybe that plays a role in how the interview went. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday Tuesday December 3rd, I had my interview at Federal Plaza on 7th floor. My wife and I got there pretty early, almost 1 1/2 ahead of interview schedule. I did not foresee that there as a significant wait time just to check in to get your biometrics done picture/fingerprint. We waited in line for over an hour and over another hour and a half just waiting to get called in. We literally did not get called in for the interview until 2 hours after scheduled interview time. 

Anyways interview went well, it literally took 5 mins. We got called in, this is exactly what he asked

• Where we got married and asked for pics
    • Gave our wedding Album
  • Asked for financial Documents
    • Joint Tax return
    • Copy of purchase offer for house
  • Asked for our birth certificate
  • Asked if we worked

Interviewing officer was  very neutral, not rude but not smiling either. At the end of the interview he got up he said everything looks great and that I should be getting the card in the mail within the month.

My wife and I were starving so we decided to eat around the are. Literally 2 hours after the interview checked the app and status said that card is ordered to be produced!!

My suggestion, if possible please please please arrive 3 hours earlier than interview.

Good luck everyone!

We were an hour late for ours but I don't think it affect the wait time significantly we were out in two hours, not sure if it was due to the snow on the 2nd of December. 

Edited by Michelle M

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey all, in case it helps my wife and I had a receipt date of 10/1/2018 and got our interview schedule for 1/13/2020 in NYC - so any October filers should expect to hear soon! Just gathering evidence now. We noticed the vaccination report from my wife's medical in the UK left a letter off of her middle name, so I'll have to call and see if she needs a new one. She came in on the K1. 

Would anyone recommend a good place to go for the medical? We were thinking of getting a new one anyway since it seems people are having trouble with it. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, neuronewyork said:

Hey all, in case it helps my wife and I had a receipt date of 10/1/2018 and got our interview schedule for 1/13/2020 in NYC - so any October filers should expect to hear soon! Just gathering evidence now. We noticed the vaccination report from my wife's medical in the UK left a letter off of her middle name, so I'll have to call and see if she needs a new one. She came in on the K1. 

Would anyone recommend a good place to go for the medical? We were thinking of getting a new one anyway since it seems people are having trouble with it. 

I went to a student-run free clinic, had most/all of vaccinations/tests done on the I-693, and requested the paperwork/proof/results to be printed. There are a lot of clinics in the city but I personally went to this one in Manhattan.

To get the form I-693 filled out, I went to Dr. Emanuel Kouroupos out in Astoria, Queens. Since I did all of the required stuff at the free clinic, he only charged $150 for the paperwork.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ring of the lord said:

I’m sorry if I’m asking a previously answered question , how long does it take to schedule an interview in Brooklyn after case status changed to ‘case ready to be scheduled for an interview?

I don’t know about USCIS interviews specifically in brooklyn, however, my mother in-law lives in brooklyn, it took her 6 months to get an interview scheduled at 26 federal plaza after receiving an update that she was ready for interview scheduling. Her filing date was October 2018.

She just had her interview on december 6th. It was very fast. Asked basic questions about her application, her medical examination, if she is working or not, and if is planning on applying for government assistance (disability, welfare….).

Just received an update that her card is being prepared. So excited and ready to move on to the next step.

Edited by GregNYR89

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.