natasia345

age diffirence

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

What it comes down to is the primary question being decided by a Consular Officer in a Consular interview, or sometimes an Immigration Officer during an interview at a USCIS office in the USA. That question is, “Is this a bona fide relationship? In making this determination, the officer is required to make a number of fairly subjective judgments. Even though they have been trained to consider the totality of circumstances before them, including local customs and culture, they don’t always get it right.

For example, a 50 something American man marrying a 20 something woman from the Philippines or other Asian country, the age difference fits the local cultural norm. The counter example is the 50 something American woman marrying a 20 something, never married, Muslim man from Morocco, or even 30 something Christian man from Ghana or Nigeria. These relationships do not fit the cultural norms for the foreigner’s circumstances. They do however, fit nicely into common “fraud scenarios” seen often by Consular Officers.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

You're perfectly fine. I was born in 1995 and my wife in 1989 and we've had absolutely no issues. We both look the same age too so you'd never know we were 6 years apart. You two look the same age and there's only a 7 year age gap. Don't worry :)

unitedstates.gift4518.gifbelgium-flag.gif

Met Online March 3, 2016

Became a couple April 2, 2016

First trip to Belgium: June 28 - August 11, 2016

Second trip to Belgium: December 15, 2016 - March 11, 2017

K1

Sent in I-129F September 14, 2016

Visa received in hand April 6, 2017

I-129F to K1 in hand: 204 days (6 months 23 days)

Arrived into the US May 10, 2017

Married June 2, 2017!!

AOS

Sent AOS packet January 19, 2018

Greencard received in mail June 14, 2018

AOS to Greencard in hand: 146 days (4 months 26 days)  

I hope you both have a believable love story. The amount of photos you have, airline tickets together, and ultimately the proof of time spent together must be unquestionable to the consular officer.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

As others have said.  Age difference isn't the problem here.  The more significant red flag would be if you have only been together in person one time and that was when you got married.  If you have since spent 3 years apart and have not seen each other in person in those 3 years and you only met that one time when you got married then you may have an issue and will have to have some good reasons why you've only met once 3 years ago when you got married.  Suggest that you have your husband get on VJ and read this thread / and comment in case there is some translation issues here.   I'm not saying you'll be denied but to the CO they are looking to see proof of a real relationship.  Your husband traveling to the Philippines once 3 years ago and marrying you on that first visit and not visiting for 3 years since or starting the application immediately after marriage is sure to raise questions in the COs mind.  Perhaps there are some translation issues and I have sim-represented the met one time aspect that you stated.  But if I've understood you correctly it doesn't look good and you should be prepared to present it appropriately at your interview.  Likewise you'll need to present this well at your CFO interview as well.  

Timeline
30 minutes ago, JE57 said:

As others have said.  Age difference isn't the problem here.  The more significant red flag would be if you have only been together in person one time and that was when you got married.  If you have since spent 3 years apart and have not seen each other in person in those 3 years and you only met that one time when you got married then you may have an issue and will have to have some good reasons why you've only met once 3 years ago when you got married.  Suggest that you have your husband get on VJ and read this thread / and comment in case there is some translation issues here.   I'm not saying you'll be denied but to the CO they are looking to see proof of a real relationship.  Your husband traveling to the Philippines once 3 years ago and marrying you on that first visit and not visiting for 3 years since or starting the application immediately after marriage is sure to raise questions in the COs mind.  

I think you have made some understandable assumptions based on the OP's imperfect English.  She has not said their one and only meeting was three years ago.  But, she did say they were CR1, which would mean the marriage has to be less than two years ago.

Marriages between foreigners and pinays on the first and even only visit are not abnormal.  The visit needed to be at least two weeks, to even accomplish getting married on the last day of the visit.  So, they've had more time together than many of our members, even if it was only one visit.

Lots of folks speak of "being together" as if their online relationship constituted "being together".  The combination of Philenglish and lack of attention to accuracy and detail tend to confuse people.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

I think you have made some understandable assumptions based on the OP's imperfect English.  She has not said their one and only meeting was three years ago.  But, she did say they were CR1, which would mean the marriage has to be less than two years ago.

Marriages between foreigners and pinays on the first and even only visit are not abnormal.  The visit needed to be at least two weeks, to even accomplish getting married on the last day of the visit.  So, they've had more time together than many of our members, even if it was only one visit.

Lots of folks speak of "being together" as if their online relationship constituted "being together".  The combination of Philenglish and lack of attention to accuracy and detail tend to confuse people.

Agreed... Thanks for reminding about the 2 year requirement.  So likely they've been in a relationship (probably on-line) for a year or more and he spend a couple of weeks in the Philippines and they got married.  Agreed if this is the case then likely not a significant red flag. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, JE57 said:

Agreed... Thanks for reminding about the 2 year requirement.  So likely they've been in a relationship (probably on-line) for a year or more and he spend a couple of weeks in the Philippines and they got married.  Agreed if this is the case then likely not a significant red flag. 

There's a lot we don't know, including whether the OP knows the difference between CR1 and IR1 to begin with.  She is welcome to provide the missing information, like how long they have actually been married and how many in person visits for how long each.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

19 hours ago, Teemo said:

Well you've been married for 3 years. Do you live together, have a shared life, talk everyday, traveled together, met each other's families and friends etc? That will be the evidence you need, if you have all that, then it won't matter if you met just once when you got married 3 years ago. 

yes we got a lot of proof for past 3 years chat logs call log.. and his mom was there in our wedding his mom visit us like 4times. my husband is very hardworking person he save up a lot for our future 😁 and yes he met all my family and friends everyone at his first visit.. weve been stress out about my inteeview because we been wwiting this for so long

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
22 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

It will have nothing to do with age difference if that happened. We ourselves are only 4 years apart; but the Philippines its very common for the male to be older and even sometimes like, 15-20 years older. No issues in those cases that I've seen because of the ages.

I've even seen a case here of another gay couple, the Filipino was 21 I think and the petitioner was 55 or so. Approved for a K-1 no issues. So just relax about the age gap thing, it's nothing.

Is that a Gay Marriage couple? Yes I have seen huge age differences but then children and culture is not the issue there.

However, non-gay marriages, it could be a problem irrespective because of the children factor

19 hours ago, Teemo said:

Well you've been married for 3 years. Do you live together, have a shared life, talk everyday, traveled together, met each other's families and friends etc? That will be the evidence you need, if you have all that, then it won't matter if you met just once when you got married 3 years ago. 

me and ny husband

received_1495350120485921.jpeg

5 hours ago, pushbrk said:

There's a lot we don't know, including whether the OP knows the difference between CR1 and IR1 to begin with.  She is welcome to provide the missing information, like how long they have actually been married and how many in person visits for how long each.

me and my husband been relationship for 1 year and 7month. then got married he stay here for 1month sir.. total relationship now is like 3years.. or 2years and 7month but didnt met him 3years ago i met him 1year ago 3years is total relationship. is what i mean.

Edited by natasia345
short

11 hours ago, sunshinelove said:

You're perfectly fine. I was born in 1995 and my wife in 1989 and we've had absolutely no issues. We both look the same age too so you'd never know we were 6 years apart. You two look the same age and there's only a 7 year age gap. Don't worry :)

thank you so much 

5 hours ago, pushbrk said:

your very right sir..

6 hours ago, JE57 said:

As others have said.  Age difference isn't the problem here.  The more significant red flag would be if you have only been together in person one time and that was when you got married.  If you have since spent 3 years apart and have not seen each other in person in those 3 years and you only met that one time when you got married then you may have an issue and will have to have some good reasons why you've only met once 3 years ago when you got married.  Suggest that you have your husband get on VJ and read this thread / and comment in case there is some translation issues here.   I'm not saying you'll be denied but to the CO they are looking to see proof of a real relationship.  Your husband traveling to the Philippines once 3 years ago and marrying you on that first visit and not visiting for 3 years since or starting the application immediately after marriage is sure to raise questions in the COs mind.  Perhaps there are some translation issues and I have sim-represented the met one time aspect that you stated.  But if I've understood you correctly it doesn't look good and you should be prepared to present it appropriately at your interview.  Likewise you'll need to present this well at your CFO interview as well.  

hi thank u so much for replay i want to make it clear because you are confuse about 3years.. we got married after 1year 7month of being in relationship.. i didnt met him 3years ago what i mean of 3years.. is 3years of being in relationship with him in total sorry to confuse you. and yes i got CFO already the last thing i need to do is get medical exam then interview.

10 hours ago, Militaryguy said:

I hope you both have a believable love story. The amount of photos you have, airline tickets together, and ultimately the proof of time spent together must be unquestionable to the consular officer.

hi thanks for reply.. he stay here for 1month and yes i got lot of proof of everything our wedding his mom there too. we got chat logs,call logs,hotel receipt.. boarding pass .. and money transfer receipt and him meeting all of my family and relatives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.