cycswan

In person meeting exemption

107 posts in this topic

Just now, cycswan said:

Okay. I guess the only option is the k1 visa and meeting in the bahamas, then waiting a year. More of my life wasted on waiting on bs.

That is not true. You have many options. The cr1 was mentioned as an option and probably the better one because she wouldn't have to adjust status and take about the same amount of time. For either a Cr1 or a k1 you should have more than 1 in person meeting. Although it is not required it is almost necessary though some countries that have more fraud. Additionally, you always have the option to move to be with her. You don't have to have her immigrate to the US. But if you want to you'll have to go through the process. You can also visit her as many times as you like during the process. Once this is over and you are together this year of waiting will seem like nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, cycswan said:

It’s bs. There are illegals that come over all the time or refugees that don’t assimilate, while my gf is very willing. So whatever.

And you are proposing immigration fraud to get her over here, which would make her just as bad as those who come over illegally. 

Edited by EmilyW

Timeline
1 minute ago, EmmNM said:

That is not true. You have many options. The cr1 was mentioned as an option and probably the better one because she wouldn't have to adjust status and take about the same amount of time. For either a Cr1 or a k1 you should have more than 1 in person meeting. Although it is not required it is almost necessary though some countries that have more fraud. Additionally, you always have the option to move to be with her. You don't have to have her immigrate to the US. But if you want to you'll have to go through the process. You can also visit her as many times as you like during the process. Once this is over and you are together this year of waiting will seem like nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

For medical purposes I can’t disclose, I can’t leave the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, cycswan said:

It’s bs. There are illegals that come over all the time or refugees that don’t assimilate, while my gf is very willing. So whatever.

People rob banks, too, but it doesn't justify you robbing one.......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1) You meet.

2) You wait.

That's the legal process. The illegal acts some people commit have no concern in your case.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
1 minute ago, cycswan said:

False because I was joking.

What joke?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Immigration law is not bs.  It is a process that we all have to go through in order to bring our loved ones to the US.  No one likes being separated during the process but you can always visit during the process.  

1 minute ago, mushroomspore said:

The American legal immigration system is actually one of the most well-enforced and toughest systems in the world. This is the scope of what you're getting into by initiating the process of bringing your foreign girlfriend over. In this modern day and age where relationships start online all the time too, it only makes even more sense that the government must vet all those who want to come here LEGALLY.

Yes, illegal immigrants come here all the time but they are either being closely monitored by ICE and the government OR they live in constant fear of being found out. You and your girlfriend have the legal routes available to you. You both have the privilege of being able to pursue the legal options because many illegals only come here because they're escaping extreme violence and crime. They literally had no choice. You do. Yes the legal process comes with certain sacrifices (you guys can't be together right away; there's a lot of paperwork). But ultimately, it is all for the end goal of you guys being together, so I suggest taking some time and re-adjusting your attitude about this. Many of us on this site have had to deal with this process and the sacrifices that come along with it and overcome our own personal problems within our relationships to figure it out. It is not "bs". This is what you're getting into. 

Well said.

Timeline

Obviously it is the law, as I'm aware. I’m just saying it’s pretty dumb that there are many cases of illegal people or refugees that get away with far worse, and someone with noble intent has to go through hoops. I don’t care about the moralizing.

Edited by cycswan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Not so much hoops as there is a legal process for her to immigrate to the US. 

We all had to go through that, complete with noble intent.  We applied for the DV lottery in Oct 2013, we found out we won in May 2014, interviewed in April 2015 and finally moved in early 2016.  A 2+ year process. It's frustrating and stressful: but to live in the land of the free, it's a journey I'd do over and over again.

If your relationship is strong and true, a year won't matter.  At all.

Edited by EmilyW

Timeline
2 minutes ago, cycswan said:

Obviously it is the law, as I'm aware. I’m just saying it’s pretty dumb that there are many cases of illegal people or refugees that get away with far worse, and someone with noble intent has to go through hoops. I don’t care about the moralizing.

Bottom line is your legal choices are:

1.  K-1

2.  CR-1

3.  You relocate to her country

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.