Macha

N-652 - A decision cannot yet be made about your application.

12 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I took the test yesterday 07/19/2018 in New York. The N-652 (see attached screenshot) shows that "I passed the tests of English and U.S. history and government" and "A decision cannot yet be made about your application." have been checked. The interviewer asked me to go print out the last tax return and grab a join account letter from my bank, then bring them back to me within 20 minutes (because I had it in PDF format). I went out to print teh tax return out and grab a join account letter from my bank (I stayed more than 20 minutes). When I came back, they told me she just left. It was 4:40 pm. The secretary asked me to leave it with a copy of N-652 and she will hand it over to her.

I'm wondering what will happen now!!?? Here some questions in my mind:

1. How will I know about the decision now?
  2. Can I come back to her next week since she asked me to come back in 20 min to re-check document together?
  3. How long should this process take?
  4. Can I send her a letter/email as it's mentioned in the 4 item in the letter "Send any question about your application..." to ask her if she received the paper I left to her?
  5. I checked the status on online tool, nothing updated (it's still saying: Interview Was Scheduled).
  6. N-14 is not checked. Will not send it to me?

I appreciate any replies.

Thanks guys!

NOTE: I applied for NATURALIZATION AS TEH SPOUSE of a US Citizens.

n-652.jpg

Edited by Macha

Macha,

do you have any proof you left documents with the secretary (did secretary provide you a receipt where she wrote her name, listed evidences she got from you and put her signature)? 

If not, I suggest you to send everything to the officer via FedEx and keep your FedEx receipt with tracking number as proof.

I recently read similar story, when the secretary took documents and never provided them to the office.

So be very careful.

ROC

12/11/2018 - I-751 mailed (requested a fee waiver) to Lewisville, TX via FedEx

12/13/2018 - package delivered 

01/02/2019 - received text message from USCIS with case number starting with EAC

01/12/2019 - submitted online e-Request for non-delivery of NOA (the extension letter)

01/24/2019 - received the response to e-Request via e-mail, which says: "Please allow 30 days from the date of this correspondence for the notice to be sent".

01/28/2019 - received NOA (the extension letter), which extends GC for 18 months

01/29/2019 - received biometrics appointment letter

02/08/2019 - biometrics completed

Hey Kiolas,

No. She did not give me anything. She made a copy of the N-652 that officer gave me (the one which is attached above) and stapled it with the tax return + bank letter (because the officer suggested to leave at secretary).

1. Ok it's good advice to send another copy via fedex to the interviewer. How can know the address of the interviewer? The interview was in "Jacob Javits Federal Building, 26 Faderal Building".

2. Or if I walk to her office and give her thdle document hand to hand. 

3. Do you have any idea when I can hear back from them in case when she received the document one day after the interview (07/20/2018)?

Thanks again.

21 hours ago, Macha said:

Hey Kiolas,

No. She did not give me anything. She made a copy of the N-652 that officer gave me (the one which is attached above) and stapled it with the tax return + bank letter (because the officer suggested to leave at secretary).

1. Ok it's good advice to send another copy via fedex to the interviewer. How can know the address of the interviewer? The interview was in "Jacob Javits Federal Building, 26 Faderal Building".

2. Or if I walk to her office and give her thdle document hand to hand. 

3. Do you have any idea when I can hear back from them in case when she received the document one day after the interview (07/20/2018)?

Thanks again.

Because you do not have a receipt, you have no proof you handed the documents to the secretary. Do you know at least her name?

1. Yes, use that address, also include floor number and put Attention: insert the name of the Officer. So it will look something like this:

USCIS

Attn: [Name of the Officer]

26 Federal Plaza, 8th Floor

New York, NY 10278

In addition, I suggest you to include cover letter, where you again put their address with the name of the Officer and list of attached documents.

2. If you walk to her office they may or may not let you see her. For example, she may be having an interview with another person. So you may end up just wasting your time. You can try to go there and explain the situation maybe they will let you see her.

3. I have no idea. You may hear soon or it may take a few months.

You can call USCIS and ask about updates on your case. USCIS has by law 180 days from your interview to issue a decision. So just be patient. 

ROC

01/02/2019 - received text message from USCIS with case number starting with EAC

01/12/2019 - submitted online e-Request for non-delivery of NOA (the extension letter)

01/24/2019 - received the response to e-Request via e-mail, which says: "Please allow 30 days from the date of this correspondence for the notice to be sent".

01/28/2019 - received NOA (the extension letter), which extends GC for 18 months

52 minutes ago, Macha said:

What about the USCIS infopass? https://my.uscis.gov/appointment. Can I make an appointment with the officer who interviewed me?

Yes, you can. However, you cannot make an appointment with the officer who interviewed you - they simply do not offer this option to chose who you will see. It will be someone else.

But, in my opinion, FedEx is the best option.

ROC

29 minutes ago, Kiolas said:

Because you do not have a receipt, you have no proof you handed the documents to the secretary. Do you know at least her name?

1. Yes, use that address, also include floor number and put Attention: insert the name of the Officer. So it will look something like this:

USCIS

Attn: [Name of the Officer]

26 Federal Plaza, 8th Floor

New York, NY 10278

In addition, I suggest you to include cover letter, where you again put their address with the name of the Officer and list of attached documents.

2. If you walk to her office they may or may not let you see her. For example, she may be having an interview with another person. So you may end up just wasting your time. You can try to go there and explain the situation maybe they will let you see her.

3. I have no idea. You may hear soon or it may take a few months.

You can call USCIS and ask about updates on your case. USCIS has by law 180 days from your interview to issue a decision. So just be patient. 

Thank you so much Kiolas for the explanations. I appreciate it a lot.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Copies of documents, never originals, because they are not returned to you. Good luck.

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 N-400 submitted online

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 NOA mailed

{Day 02}   11/18/2017 Biometrics apt scheduled

{Day 20}   12/06/2017 Biometrics done

{Day 202} 06/06/2018 Interview Scheduled

{Day 207} 06/11/2018 Interview Letter received

{Day 238} 07/12/2018 Interview Day - Approved

{Day 242} 07/16/2018 Oath Scheduled

{Day 266} 08/09/2018 Oath Ceremony - I am a US Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.