lizaanne

Imported Foods Site!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ha - rad! I just posted about some treats that arrived courtesy of my fiance! We have snacks on the collective mind today!

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Timeline
Ha - rad! I just posted about some treats that arrived courtesy of my fiance! We have snacks on the collective mind today!

It's Friday - I hardly feel like doing any work. So I went snooping for a place to buy pastina, and found this site!

I asked Simon what we should bring back from England in September - he said nothing!!!!! He loves American food, but I'm sure he will fill up in September, then come back here and wish he had brought stuff back!

~Liza

10 Year Green Card Holder Since July 2009 --- Thank you Visa Journey!!! :-)

Filed: Timeline
There are international stores in the USA. there are also regular stores like Kroger and albertsons that have the international stuffs.

Not a lot of Brit snacks here in the USA though. Or if there is, it's expensive.

yes there is too!!! the one by my house has a compleat isle of that stuff. I know what I am

talking about i lived in the UK 10 years. I saw everything. it was pricy.but, thats why its called

imported.

I live in Dallas there is also central market. there is also one in Houston.

you can get any and everything there. some stuff can also be found in specialty stores

like the indian and arabic stores they carry alot of british products.

shon.gif

Timeline

There's a random section of brit foods in a Safeway out here where I live - not in all Safeways, just this one, out-of-the-way Safeway. And MAN is it expensive. $5 for a box of malteasers.

That price won't stop my fiance though, he loves those things.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Also in Dallas - used to live North side, and I knew where we could go to buy pretty much anything (except Crunchies, which are my very favorites) at Kroger or Central Market. Moved west - now I don't know where anything is.

Where in Dallas are these stores you speak of?

Edited by Dan&Tiffany

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

There are international stores in the USA. there are also regular stores like Kroger and albertsons that have the international stuffs.

Not a lot of Brit snacks here in the USA though. Or if there is, it's expensive.

yes there is too!!! the one by my house has a compleat isle of that stuff. I know what I am

talking about i lived in the UK 10 years. I saw everything. it was pricy.but, thats why its called

imported.

I live in Dallas there is also central market. there is also one in Houston.

you can get any and everything there. some stuff can also be found in specialty stores

like the indian and arabic stores they carry alot of british products.

and some of us live in the sticks where they haven't even heard of Britain let alone imported food !!!!!!!!! (wish I had an Aero for everytime I heard "oh England you mean London" )

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

Timeline

Do you know what I hear? "England? Do they even have a cuisine?". So I make a toad in the hole or sticky toffee pudding to illustrate that "Yes, they DO", hehe. I friggin' love toad in the hole, it's perfect for ANY meal [with Bisto...mmmh]. I can't count how many times I will just make a muffin tin full of Yorkshire puddings,make up some Bisto and just eat THAT for an entire meal.

I've got a whole bunch of U.K. food sites bookmarked on my other computer, maybe I'll post all the links sometime. Each site has varying degrees of availibility but I'm so obsessed with getting the food I want that I'll shop between all of them for the best prices. They vary so much, as in one site will offer a Mint Aero for $3.50 and another will offer it for $2.50. I'm sick because I'll literally sit there for ages clicking between sites to compare. I swear, the cheaper I can get an Aero over here, the better it tastes.

I do have a British food store nearby and I feel lucky. Since my honey is from Westcliff On Sea and the owners are from Kent, they will knock loads off our total. I think they are understanding about my worrisome Bisto addiction...

MY TIMELINE:

MAY 2004: Met Online

NOV 2004: Andy's 1st stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

FEB/MAR 2005: Andy's 2nd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

APR/MAY 2005: Andy's 3rd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

OCT 2005-FEB 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 4 1/2 months

* I Proposed on Christmas 2005 & YES!*

MAY-AUG 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 3 1/2 months

AUG 2006: Andy's 4th stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

NOV 2006-JAN 2007: Andy's 5th stay with me in Florida, 1 3/4 months

09/05/06: I-129F Packet Sent!!

09/21/06: NOA1 Received.

12/07/06: NOA2 RECEIVED!!! W00t!!!

03/02/07: Sent off final Packet 3 checklist

03/20/07: Received Packet 4 Letter!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 04/19/07!!!!

04/19/07 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! APPROVED!!

04/26/07 - Passport w/ visa arrives via courier

Delta Flight arriving with fiance on 05/04/07!!!

05/04/07 - Home at last!!! w0000000t!!

06/01/07 - Our 'first' wedding at the county clerk's office.

09/19/08 - Andy walked out. That total dumb-a$$.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.