AussieTexas

Assistance with Expediting EAD

60 posts in this topic

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Shocking company dont care for you.

Mine was...I support my parents and in laws, it is tough to get a new job same salary and field quickly, I stated the annual salary I am losing, inincluded 2 year of w2s, i included 2017 1099 for our household (this is proof you pay taxes). I included monly lease rent. If spouse makes less than you mention you are main earner. Etc...

need a cover letter for it all too.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
18 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

Shocking company dont care for you.

Mine was...I support my parents and in laws, it is tough to get a new job same salary and field quickly, I stated the annual salary I am losing, inincluded 2 year of w2s, i included 2017 1099 for our household (this is proof you pay taxes). I included monly lease rent. If spouse makes less than you mention you are main earner. Etc...

need a cover letter for it all too.

You would not believe the lengths I had to go to get it from them. Even after providing it to me today they had to include a disclaimer that they didnt want it being submitted to USCIS, for what reason I have no f**king idea but after talking just then with one of Cornyns caseworkers on the phone, the letter from the employer is what is most likely going to get the EAD expedited which they will send to USCIS. So, sorry I guess, nothing I can do, but after the help (or lack thereof) that Ive gotten thus far, Im not going to cry over it.

So I sent it off to Cornyn along with the cover letter and other evidence (based on what I was just told doesnt hold much weight), will wait to hear back what they say I guess.

Edited by AussieTexas

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Little update for you all, Cornyns office made the appeal for me last week on 7/24 and I just got the email from USCIS saying that the card has been ordered. Im so relieved....

I wanted to thank you all for you invaluable assistance and advice, I doubt I wouldve been able to have it done without it. Cheers.

Timeline
13 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

Your i485 EAD right? Great. Guess you wont be chained to the company ater 30days anymore.

Yea the EAD that was filed in conjunction with my 485

So is that how it works, 30days after receiving it I can change employer if I like?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, AussieTexas said:

Yea the EAD that was filed in conjunction with my 485

So is that how it works, 30days after receiving it I can change employer if I like?

You can change employers today hah. Was just joking around based on how your current employer treated this process not sure if I would feel I owe them anything in your shoes.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

You can change employers today hah. Was just joking around based on how your current employer treated this process not sure if I would feel I owe them anything in your shoes.

Oh no kidding, my browsing history is going to include a lot more Indeed searches when I get the card I think.

Timeline

So a quick question, I got the I797 in the mail today saying that the card is coming (yay)

On the I797, it states "if you have a pending or approved I-140 and a pending I-485, (which I do) you may request to change employers if your form I-485 has been pending for at least 180 days (it hasnt)" 

Does this mean that I actually won't be able to change jobs until that 180 day timeline? Not a huge deal if I can't but after this latest fiasco with my current employer I was looking forward to potentially jumping ships maybe sooner than that.

Timeline
2 hours ago, AussieTexas said:

So a quick question, I got the I797 in the mail today saying that the card is coming (yay)

On the I797, it states "if you have a pending or approved I-140 and a pending I-485, (which I do) you may request to change employers if your form I-485 has been pending for at least 180 days (it hasnt)" 

Does this mean that I actually won't be able to change jobs until that 180 day timeline? Not a huge deal if I can't but after this latest fiasco with my current employer I was looking forward to potentially jumping ships maybe sooner than that.

Family based you can quit yesterday.

Timeline
2 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

Family based you can quit yesterday.

Oh so thats only based on if I was getting it through an employer sponsorship?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, AussieTexas said:

Do I need to let USCIS or anyone else know if I wish to change employers?

Nope, only your wife since she is the petitioner.

On 8/2/2018 at 11:34 AM, AussieTexas said:

Little update for you all, Cornyns office made the appeal for me last week on 7/24 and I just got the email from USCIS saying that the card has been ordered. Im so relieved....

I wanted to thank you all for you invaluable assistance and advice, I doubt I wouldve been able to have it done without it. Cheers.

Hi AussieTexas,

I saw you received the same USCIS response as I did yesterday, so I would love to get some advice more from you. Please help

I called USCIS 2 days ago to expedite EAD process based on financial hardship and have active job offer. Yesterday, I just received email about my case:

"The status of this service request is:
Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need. "

This is the first email I received, and I didn't not have any chance to send/fax my supporting documents. Does it mean a denial?

I called the USCIS this morning, and the lady said this means under review, not denial and I should wait for about 10 days to call back. However, I saw another USCIS lady told you that kind of response means denial. So what happened in your case? Have you ever receive mail or email with instruction to fax the supporting documents? Thanks

The case history shows:

1. On August 8, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxxxxMSC, was assigned to an officer for response.

2. On August 8, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxxxxMSC.

3. On August 8, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxxxxMSC, was completed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.